OK, can anyone here actually root for Duke | The Boneyard

OK, can anyone here actually root for Duke

Status
Not open for further replies.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
in the tourny if we join the ACC?

I've never has a problem cheering on any Big East team, but I just don't see me ever wanting to see Duke, BC or Mia win anything

Reaction Score

I've never has a problem cheering on any Big East team, but I just don't see me ever wanting to see Duke, BC or Mia win anything

No but I welcome that....we can then truly hate them like real rivals should

Reaction Score
i hope to be faced with such a dilemma.

in truth, i have never rooted for a league rival (apart from WVU as the lone exception).

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
No. And it's spelled Dook.

Duck Fuke.

I know, but since we're on the outside looking in, I thought I'd be a tad bit more respectful than usual

but the more I think about it, you're right. Duck them Fookies

Reaction Score
Hell no. Just like UNC and Duke fans don't root for each other in the tournament I'm not rooting for either of those programs.

Reaction Score

Only because they are in historical competition with us now. I root for Syracuse and Louisville and, to a lesser extent, Pitt (some of their fans have been annoying) because I feel that we have passed them. We haven't passed Duke or UNC, and so I wouldn't want them to win.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Only because they are in historical competition with us now. I root for Syracuse and Louisville and, to a lesser extent, Pitt (some of their fans have been annoying) because I feel that we have passed them. We haven't passed Duke or UNC, and so I wouldn't want them to win.

100% on board with that. I want JC to match Coach K with 4 NCs. By the same token, do I want Roy Williams to get his 3rd, equaling JC's accomplishment. I feel he doesn't belong in the same conversation as JC and K. While he's an excellent coach, Roy's kind of had a silver spoon sort of ride. That and I don't like his fake country bumpkin shtick. I do respect his coaching though.

I like watching BC lose for laughs, but other than that, they are harmless. I'll simply watch what unfolds for these guys.

Miami is irrelevant to me. I don't even watch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom