OK, all you ticket price kvetchers ... | The Boneyard

OK, all you ticket price kvetchers ...

How much would you pay if only Pay Per View was available on CPTV?

• $2 to $4 per game

Votes: 8 57.1%
  • $5 to $7 per game

Votes: 2 14.3%
  • $8 to $10 per game

Votes: 2 14.3%
  • $11 to $13 per game

Votes: 1 7.1%
  • $14 to $16 per game

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • $17 to $19 per game

Votes: 1 7.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
What if free TV broadcasts of the UConn women's games were ended? Then your choices would be:

1) Go to the games in person, pay for gasoline, parking, tickets, and snacks.

2) Go the streaming video route with a monthly fee.

3) Watch it after you pay a fee for the HD broadcast of a single game (without pledge drives).

4) Boycott the whole thing because you're basically a freeloader.

5) Settle for radio and imagine the action.

Reaction Score
Since I am paying CPTV $3 per game, then the answer is $3 per game.

Reaction Score
I think you should have included a $0.
The premise of the poll is that there is no free option, save radio. Some people would refuse to pay for the Hope Diamond.

Reaction Score
Since I am paying CPTV $3 per game, then the answer is $3 per game.
Does that mean you donate $100 a year, spread over 30 games, or are you talking about the distinctly inferior streaming option for out of state viewers? You'd get a real TV picture with this HD PPV option, assuming you lived in Connecticut.

Plus, no whining for money!

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
The premise of the poll is that there is no free option, save radio. Some people would refuse to pay for the Hope Diamond.

Yes, and people refusing to pay at all and listen rather to the radio or forgo fandom is a significant option.

Reaction Score
What if free TV broadcasts of the UConn women's games were ended? Then your choices would be:

3) Watch it after you pay a fee for the HD broadcast of a single game (without pledge drives).

Options 4 and 5 work for me with the occasional Option 1. The games are only free for those within the CPTV broadcast area. With UConn playing must-see basketball with must-see players the past four years, the yearly subscription to HoopStreams was a mere drop in the bucket. This season, ESPN and CBS have gobbled up all but a couple of the more compelling contests, leaving out of towners, like myself, with the option of subscribing to HoopStreams or streaming video to watch a litany of blowouts.
If Boneyard comments and analyses during the season give me the feeling that I may have missed out on something, then the compromise option would be to subscribe to Hoopstreams the last month of the season and catch up via the the archives.

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
VAUCONNFAN:
I'm with you. I went to most of the XL games (from NYC) and subscribed to HoopStreams...
This season, I'll be mostly OOT. Looking at the HoopStream schedule is not all that encouraging; what a bunch of Turkeys. Its not the money, I'd happily pay. It's just that all the good games are on National TV.
Looks like I'll be streaming WTIC in Guatemala.

Reaction Score
Does that mean you donate $100 a year, spread over 30 games, or are you talking about the distinctly inferior streaming option for out of state viewers? You'd get a real TV picture with this HD PPV option, assuming you lived in Connecticut.

Plus, no whining for money!

$3 is the max I'd pay irrespective of the circumstances and quality.

Reaction Score
VAUCONNFAN:
I'm with you. I went to most of the XL games (from NYC) and subscribed to HoopStreams...
This season, I'll be mostly OOT. Looking at the HoopStream schedule is not all that encouraging; what a bunch of Turkeys. Its not the money, I'd happily pay. It's just that all the good games are on National TV.
Looks like I'll be streaming WTIC in Guatemala.

Guatemala in the winter sounds like an ideal location from which to stream UConn WBB. :cool:

dannykuconn

Cheerman of Board
Reaction Score

Number 1. In the past 8 years I have attended over 200 UConn women's games. TV or not there is no substitute for being there.

Reaction Score
... TV or not there is no substitute for being there.

Absolutely true. Same thing goes for music. There's nothing like a live concert, usually. Some people are unaware that it's true for classical music also, as well as rock, jazz, reggae and other styles.

Not everyone has the option to go to a game in person, so I'd think a TV broadcast in HD would be a strong second choice.

This poll has been an eye-opener for me, at least. I'm beginning to believe the old claim that UConn women's fans are spoiled.

Reaction Score
If you live in CT, you're paying taxes to help support the

State University System.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members