Ohmigod CBS why did you show that? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Ohmigod CBS why did you show that?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Scary that it's even possible to get a leg injury that severe just by landing on your own weight the wrong way. That was horrific. Right in front of the UofL bench too.

Looked worse than the Theismann/LT injury.

Reaction Score
I have no idea how Louisville is playing right now. That takes a lot of mental toughness to do that. I really hope they win this.

Reaction Score
I'm not going to watch it. I remember seeing derrick rose blow his acl live thinking that he probably tore it and not watching the replay. Not really a squeamish guy but having injured my leg i know that the pain initially sucks but the recovery and the mental aspect of injury is much worse. There's just no need for me to relieve that, and it almost feels like it's happening to me when i watch.

huskyharry

Hooyah
Reaction Score
Pitino was crying...horrific injury.
Hope Kevin Ware recovers well.
In his favor, from the distant views it looks like a mid-shaft tibia-fibula fracture and from the mechanism of injury his knee and ankle joints may not be damaged.
Often, this type of injury occurs when there was a pre-existing stress fracture or cyst in the bone. I observed and treated a similar injury to an Army Sergeant who was running across the gravel at our base and his foot slipped on the ice then caught on the gravel.

Reaction Score
I don't get why CBS isn't supposed to show it, it happened and nasty injuries are a part of sports.

CAHUSKY

UConn Class of 2013
Reaction Score
I don't get why CBS isn't supposed to show it, it happened and nasty injuries are a part of sports.
Really? Wow. How about respect for the kid and general decency. Why is there a need to review a horrific injury? Just weird that someone thinks that should be replayed

Reaction Score
They wouldn't be doing their job if they didn't show the play.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score

Show it once and end it. Then treat it like a streaker on the field and show other stuff. No need to see kids crying in agony or in empathy. Highlights from Michigan, send it back to the studio whatever.

CAHUSKY

UConn Class of 2013
Reaction Score
I'm guessing his friends, family and 90% of the population disagrees. Their job is to broadcast a game and entertain their viewers. Replaying the injury does neither.

Reaction Score
I'm guessing his friends, family and 90% of the population disagrees. Their job is to broadcast a game and entertain their viewers. Replaying the injury does neither.

As the original poster, I will cut them some slack that they may not have known or expected it to be that bad on the first replay. A rolled ankle is painful to watch, but nothing like this. As a producer, you aren't necessarily thinking that you may have something gruesome on your hands.

They showed it twice, though, which then prompted my post.

Reaction Score
cbs only showed the replay once which was all I needed to see, wishing the kid a speedy recovery and a national championship ring.

Reaction Score
As the original poster, I will cut them some slack that they may not have known or expected it to be that bad on the first replay. A rolled ankle is painful to watch, but nothing like this. As a producer, you aren't necessarily thinking that you may have something gruesome on your hands.

They showed it twice, though, which then prompted my post.

twice is ok nothing more then that ESPN im sure would play it 20 times at least

Reaction Score
Show it once and end it. Then treat it like a streaker on the field and show other stuff. No need to see kids crying in agony or in empathy. Highlights from Michigan, send it back to the studio whatever.
Exactly, if they didn't replay it nobody would have a clue what happened. All I saw was a three go in and then a few Louisville players fell on the floor and Tyler Thorton grabbed his head. I feel like you have to show the replay or you aren't doing your job in covering the game.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
twice is ok nothing more then that ESPN im sure would play it 20 times at least

Espn already said they aren't going to replay. Nice call though.

Reaction Score
Exactly, if they didn't replay it nobody would have a clue what happened. All I saw was a three go in and then a few Louisville players fell on the floor and Tyler Thorton grabbed his head. I feel like you have to show the replay or you aren't doing your job in covering the game.

I'd prefer to just have the announcers tell us there is a gruesome injury and not have the visual (or at least get a warning). For the folks watching on mute or in sports bars with other audio, you can show the player on the ground after the medical staff has covered him up or on the stretcher leaving the court. You aren't obligated to show the mechanism of injury.

My "train wreck watching" days are over. I wouldn't have watched if I knew what was coming.

Reaction Score
Espn already said they aren't going to replay. Nice call though.

if they were to broadcast it hence the word "would" and not will, trust me they would replay it countless times if they had broadcasting rights

Reaction Score
I had no problem with CBS showing the Louisville/Duke player reactions. It's now a compelling story. Team mate goes down with a gruesome injury that devastates the team. How will they respond? Will they band together and use this as motivation? It's a good story and I bet a lot of people who may have been indifferent are now firmly on Louisville's bandwagon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom