Ohio State banned from Post-Season | The Boneyard

Ohio State banned from Post-Season

Reaction Score
It sounds like an unfortunate situation at Ohio State, but given that McGuff hired Mitchell to be a coach while his daughter was on campus, I can't say that I'm entirely surprised that other violations have come to light. What's unfortunate is that it looks like the assistant coach, Klein, was indicted on harassing players and potential recruits. It seems like some wins will be vacated, including potentially some from the Kelsey Mitchell years. I'm happy to erase the Ohio State wins over Stanford a few years back when we had one of our weaker teams in a while.

Ohio State will not be in the field of 64 this year. Tough blow for some of the kids, but honestly, probably not the worst year to miss.

Ohio State self-imposes NCAA postseason bans for women's basketball, fencing and golf

Ohio State Self-Imposes Postseason Bans for Women's Basketball, Women's Golf and Fencing

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
It is just amazing to me how many head coaches "are unaware" of what the assistant coaches do. As a manager in operations, I am completely aware of all my managers and their team members and regular follow-up for verification. How a team of 14 and 3 coaches can go unnoticed on interactions by a Head Coach and for the Athletic Department Director to not fire or suspend this guy is mind-numbing. But then again this is The OSU that didn't want to reprimand Urban Meyer so why am I surprised... :oops:

Reaction Score
Right? I’d agree with that assessment. The wild thing is that Klein has been there since the Foster era. Did it only recently come to light or become a habit due to lack of oversight from the Head Coach, or it’s been going on all along at tOSU?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger
Top Bottom