Ohio State 3rd string QB outplaying Heisman Winner so far. | The Boneyard

Ohio State 3rd string QB outplaying Heisman Winner so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
That was a massive drop on that deep ball. That kid must've thrown up after that.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
Enough talk about Driskell, Miller, Golson, etc transferring here. Let's get OSU's 8th string QB. QBU there

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
If you look at the Ohio State roster, they are extremely "Ohio heavy", with a handful from NJ, a handful from the surrounding states, and a scattering of FL / TX. The reason I bring this up is because I have constantly heard over the last 2 years that the north and the northeast can no longer compete for producing talent. I've been shown demographics information. I've been told the southern players get to play year round while the northern kids can't.

But the game against Alabama and so far the game tonight have shown that ideology to be false. Apparently, all that it took was the right coach...

(oh, by the way, I hope you all have extrapolated the ramifications of my statement to the bright future of Husky Nation)

Reaction Score
Big winner tonight? Ad sales. What was halftime? 45 minutes?!? Over two hours in and the second half just kicking. Ridiculous.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Defenses usually wear down in the second half against this Oregon team, and I can see why.

Reaction Score
Defenses usually wear down in the second half against this Oregon team, and I can see why.
Yeah, but it has been to sloppy TOs by OSU's offense that has put Oregon back in this game that dropped pass for an Int was very fortunate.

Both of those OSU was driving on.

Reaction Score
OSU is wearing down Oregon and keeping their offense on the sideline. I've watched OSU out physical the last three teams they played something fierce. That Oline is smashing people.

Reaction Score
Has a team ever been -4 on turnovers and still won by 15 in a title game??
An absolutely dominating performance.

Reaction Score
Marriota seemed to fold. Third string QB about to lead team to national title. Braxton Miller, JT Barrett, Cardale Jones. SMH they could have three guys that good. Jones sort of just managed the game but he connected on some deep passes and made some heads up plays especially when he bounced it out and dove for a first down. I am in awe of this OSU team. They kick ass.

Reaction Score
noeynox said:
Lets face it. Urban Myer is goshdarn Boss!

If Diaco doesn't work out, I think this Meyer guy would be a good candidate for our job. Assuming we can't find someone more high profile.

Reaction Score
noeynox said:
Maybe.

Didn't like that he didn't take a knee in the last minute with the game wrapped up. If we are going to reach on a coach with thin credentials, we should make sure they win the right way.

Reaction Score
Didn't like that he didn't take a knee in the last minute with the game wrapped up. If we are going to reach on a coach with thin credentials, we should make sure they win the right way.
LMAO. It was kinda douchy, but that's Myer in a nutshell. It ain't his job to stop his team from scoring. OSU started kicking ass late in the year, and never stopped.

Reaction Score
noeynox said:
LMAO. It was kinda douchy, but that's Myer in a nutshell. It ain't his job to stop his team from scoring. OSU started kicking ass late in the year, and never stopped.

Oregon also had 2 timeouts left, so in theory, OSU couldn't run out the clock. I'm sure the Ducks wouldn't gave called one, unless they thought they had a 95-yard TD, on sides kick, Hail Mary and two point conversion left in them.

Reaction Score
Marriota seemed to fold. Third string QB about to lead team to national title. Braxton Miller, JT Barrett, Cardale Jones. SMH they could have three guys that good. Jones sort of just managed the game but he connected on some deep passes and made some heads up plays especially when he bounced it out and dove for a first down. I am in awe of this OSU team. They kick ass.

Cardale Jones was impressive. This is an indication of how deep the elite schools are. To play the way he did after only 3 starts is remarkable! He displayed tremendous poise, cool, pocket presence, arm strength, running ability, size... I will be surprised if he loses the starting job next season. He is the real deal. Looks as good as Jamison Winston!

Having said that the Ohio State Offensive line was crazy good and Ezekiel Elliot might be one of the best running backs ever!

Reaction Score
If Diaco doesn't work out, I think this Meyer guy would be a good candidate for our job. Assuming we can't find someone more high profile.
If he could handle the challenge!!!!!!!!!!!

Reaction Score
Cardale Jones was impressive. This is an indication of how deep the elite schools are. To play the way he did after only 3 starts is remarkable! He displayed tremendous poise, cool, pocket presence, arm strength, running ability, size... I will be surprised if he loses the starting job next season. He is the real deal. Looks as good as Jamison Winston!

Having said that the Ohio State Offensive line was crazy good and Ezekiel Elliot might be one of the best running backs ever!
That's where it was really won. The offensive line and running game just utterly dominated Oregon. Jones had a lot of man coverage deep because they had to sell out to try to stop the run and just couldn't. Amazing what a great running game can do.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
I imagine Diaco positively giddy with how Ohio State played last night... Just saying "Yes! yes! They get it, this is my vision! We just need the right pieces!"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mollykate

Top Bottom