OT: - Oh, The Humanity. Single Serve Ketchup Packets | The Boneyard

OT: Oh, The Humanity. Single Serve Ketchup Packets

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
And you thought we were past the end of the beginning with COVID shortages.

Nope.

Start hoarding those single serve packages. I'll assume everyone has a few months worth of single serve packages stashed away in the glove box, car door pockets, some random drawer in your kitchen and your old work desk- Ketchup, mustard, relish, Taco Bell sauces, Chick-fil-A, etc, etc..

Ketchup shortage 2021: Heinz packages are part of COVID shortage (usatoday.com)

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Never touch the stuff these days. But if you said there was going to be a soy sauce shortage...

Curiouser
Reaction Score
And you thought we were past the end of the beginning with COVID shortages.

Nope.

Start hoarding those single serve packages. I'll assume everyone has a few months worth of single serve packages stashed away in the glove box, car door pockets, some random drawer in your kitchen and your old work desk- Ketchup, mustard, relish, Taco Bell sauces, Chick-fil-A, etc, etc..

Ketchup shortage 2021: Heinz packages are part of COVID shortage (usatoday.com)
Good Lord, Grape-Nuts, too? Who still eats those, people trying to lose teeth or fillings?

Other recent shortages include Grape-Nuts cereal and microchips, which is affecting car production and used car prices.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Good Lord, Grape-Nuts, too? Who still eats those, people trying to lose teeth or fillings?

Grape Nuts is one of life's great mysteries.

How does that make it through any focus group?

Reaction Score
Only if you are over 310 pounds.
Now that is a grown adult. In the history of cereal Grape Nuts was an original. Saw a TV machine program on the CW Post vs Kellogg competition. Developed in 1897. There are no grapes or nuts in it.

Last edited:

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Got a nice stash right next to my Taco Bell sauce horde.

I do have a hoard of those. With one or two containers of buffalo dipping sauce from McD or BK.

I can live without Ketchup, I eat French Fries with nothing or malt vinegar. Burgers though, if no Ketchup, then I'd opt for BBQ sauce. Hot dogs would be a problem unless chili dogs.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Uh, nobody tagged @August_West ? What has this place come to?

Put him and ketchup together and he becomes Chief00-like in his need to make the thread about himself and not the subject matter- shortage of single serve ketchup packets.

Fairfield_1st

Sitting on this Barstool talking like a damn fool
Reaction Score
Why would a grown adult need ketchup? Literally red sugar and trash... yup judgement
Do you have the same disdain for BBQ sauce and many other condiments or just ketchup? 1 serving of Heinz ketchup only has 4g of total sugars for 1 Tbsp. Sweet Baby Ray's Honey BBQ Sauce has 15g for 2 Tbsp (or 7.5 for 1). Spicy brown mustard has none. Also, the first ingredient listed is tomato concentrate from red ripe tomatoes. Your assessment is a little off.
I like ketchup. Use it on my burgers and also commit heresy by using a combination of sweet/hot mustard and ketchup on hot dogs. Wife uses it on her eggs. Neither of us is at the 310 mark (308 & 309 respectively).

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RedRabbit84

Top Bottom