Oh, oh... Uconn better watch it against Louisville | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Oh, oh... Uconn better watch it against Louisville

Status
Not open for further replies.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Hey - no big deal here. I think trainers are always looking for ways to make the grind interesting, different, and maybe a bit more exciting for their teams. And while none of the motions have anything specific to basketball, the speed, balance, and arm strength are all positives. On knee injuries - part of the issue with women is muscle strength and mass in their legs so this should be good for that, and I don't think the kicks are particularly stressful on the joint itself.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Was watching tape last night and the way #33 looked down on Stef after the foul was punkish and should have been an ejection. After she sat on the bench her coach turned to her and said something but camera cut away.I think Jeff was not happy with her.

Exactly. First, she hovered right over Steph and, as you say, the look was malevolent. I wonder if it being the NCAA final had some influence on the ruling (or the lop sided score). Commentators thought the slowness of the call was strange - Lawson was pretty upset.

Reaction Score
With all the problems players that are having issues with stress reactions and stress fractures, I don't know if it is the smartest move in the world to have your players pounding their shins against a bag. Players who have a propensity for this sort of issue might be at risk. Might not be the smartest move in the world.

FairView

Mad Man
Reaction Score
Hey - no big deal here. I think trainers are always looking for ways to make the grind interesting, different, and maybe a bit more exciting for their teams. And while none of the motions have anything specific to basketball, the speed, balance, and arm strength are all positives. On knee injuries - part of the issue with women is muscle strength and mass in their legs so this should be good for that, and I don't think the kicks are particularly stressful on the joint itself.

Wax on.
Wax off.

Reaction Score
It was the way a certain Cardinal defended Steph. I thought that should have been an intentional 2.

Agreed. To me, that was a full on intentional foul without regard to injury. At the end, the Louisville player threw Steff to the floor.

Reaction Score
This helps their game how? Seriously...? Balance? Quickness? What?

A good workout with a different twist to spice it up. No worries for us until someone on the team starts breaking bricks with their face or some other shocker. Break boards during warmup to intimidate the other team?

Reaction Score
Call me old-school, but the amount of time many college teams spend on "non-skill" work amazes me. Spend more time learning to shoot and get coaches to implement up-tempo offensive schemes and movement without the ball and the game will be much more pleasing to the eye.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Stopping teams that only have individual skills is the easiest thing in the world. One of UCONN's greatest defensive strengths is isolating people with individual skills and taking those skills away by denying them the ball, the floor position, or the movement that they depend on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom