Oh oh... Uconn better get ready for "The Look" | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Oh oh... Uconn better get ready for "The Look"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I like this look...

Skylar+Diggins+Devereaux+Peters+NCAA+Women+BklPATf5oMZx.jpg

Reaction Score
Right. And the more this becomes a 'public issue,' the more watchful and careful officials will be when making these calls. If everyone is going to be on watch for the tricks, the more their effectiveness drops. Officials should already know the tricks, but if the public also knows what to look for, then officials have to be more vigilant to avoid getting painted as dupes.

So, who makes these things public issues? The media. Particularly TV media. So come on, ESPN, this is a great angle. Get on it. You can't rely on '3 to C' anymore, so let's go with this one.

The problem is after the Louisville "game" and it’s aftermath, now that there's been some time to digest it, there will likely be pressure to call the game tighter and that may well work against UConn depending on how well Notre Dame sells their act.

CCinCT

Poster
Reaction Score
The problem is after the Louisville "game" and it’s aftermath, now that there's been some time to digest it, there will likely be pressure to call the game tighter and that may well work against UConn depending on how well Notre Dame sells their act.

Dee Kantner is sold already.

huskyharry

Hooyah
Reaction Score
It's not just Achonwa, but she has mastered the flop. As Achonwa mentioned, ND does not have a shot-blocker in the post and its interior defense relies a lot on drawing charges when opposing guards are able to penetrate in the lane. It's a strategy that's worked pretty well. Opposing players need to recognize it and pull up for the short jumper.
In the Big East Tournament Final, Jewel Loyd flopped wildly to draw two offensive fouls on KML when KML was trying to establish position...disgusting tactics from ND. Hopefully, the zebras will call a fair game and not be fooled on Sunday!

toadfoot

To live will be an awfully big adventure.
Reaction Score
I don't think there can be any doubt they are taught this tactic and practice it. It is the one thing I dislike about Muffet and her merry maids.

I've often thought there should be a rule that gives officials the ability to call a foul on a player that has been deemed to 'flop'. Players would be much more reluctant to take a dive once the 'flop' foul had been called on them a few times.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbie32

Top Bottom