Oh no he didn't - High School Coaches Weigh in UConn Coaching Search | The Boneyard

Oh no he didn't - High School Coaches Weigh in UConn Coaching Search

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Reaction Score
Is Marinelli says that P and GDL should still be at UCONN coaching? This guy is a complete tool.

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
I laughed at Marinelli's quotes too, but I can't take an old man who clearly suffers from dementia seriously.

This quote, however, also gave me a chuckle:

"JOE DELLAVECCHIA, ST. JOSEPH HIGH
"I would like to see somebody in interested in state kids, somebody who is going to take genuine interest and not just take token kids but use them as players. Somebody who is going to be creative in their offense, open it up a little bit and make it exciting throwing the football."

He wants UConn to hire someone who will take the in-state kids, but who will also throw the ball around the field. That's a heck of an oxymoron. Connecticut high school football is known for running the football because Connecticut barely produces any quarterbacks who can throw the ball over thirty yards. The two exceptions to that rule that are currently college-eligible are already on our roster- and even they aren't strong armed gun slingers. In order to play that style using Connecticut kids, Connecticut actually has to produce the quarterbacks to use in that system. It doesn't. High school coaches fail again.

Reaction Score
I laughed at Marinelli's quotes too, but I can't take an old man who clearly suffers from dementia seriously.

This quote, however, also gave me a chuckle:

"JOE DELLAVECCHIA, ST. JOSEPH HIGH
"I would like to see somebody in interested in state kids, somebody who is going to take genuine interest and not just take token kids but use them as players. Somebody who is going to be creative in their offense, open it up a little bit and make it exciting throwing the football."

He wants UConn to hire someone who will take the in-state kids, but who will also throw the ball around the field. That's a heck of an oxymoron. Connecticut high school football is known for running the football because Connecticut barely produces any quarterbacks who can throw the ball over thirty yards. The two exceptions to that rule that are currently college-eligible are already on our roster- and even they aren't strong armed gun slingers. In order to play that style using Connecticut kids, Connecticut actually has to produce the quarterbacks to use in that system. It doesn't. High school coaches fail again.

Not just take token kids but use them as players? Haven't 90% of CT kids taken been used and they've done well?

High school football coaches in CT are a pathetic bunch.

Reaction Score
I went back and forth with Fuller on twitter about this...he defended these idiots like nobody's business!

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
If the CT high school coaches association is listened to for one second as to who our next coach should be, that would be one second too many.

Reaction Score
If the CT high school coaches association is listened to for one second as to who our next coach should be, that would be one second too many.

Just one second too many?

Reaction Score
If someone asks their opinion, and they give it, what exactly are they doing wrong?

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
Marinelli- YOU ARE PART OF THE PROBLEM. :mad::mad::mad:

Reaction Score
How old is Marinelli? Because from his quotes he sounds like a bitter 95 year old man.

HEY YOU KIDS!!! GET OFF MY LAWN!!!!

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
Some coaches have no clue of reality. Complaining about how FHCPP was treated shows how out of touch he truly is.

Jax Husky

Larry Taylor did nothing wrong
Reaction Score
Not just take token kids but use them as players? Haven't 90% of CT kids taken been used and they've done well?

Exactly, I mean, we have 2 major players in the backfield from CT (3 if you count Boyle too), every TE is from CT, and a host of defensive players. The other guys are mostly from Mass and NY as well. We are a VERY regional team. These guys are on crack.

Reaction Score

Exactly, I mean, we have 2 major players in the backfield from CT (3 if you count Boyle too), every TE is from CT, and a host of defensive players. The other guys are mostly from Mass and NY as well. We are a VERY regional team. These guys are on crack.

.....and the top running back in state history committed to UCONN next year (Arkeel)....don't know where these guys are coming from...

Jax Husky

Larry Taylor did nothing wrong
Reaction Score
.....and the top running back in state history committed to UCONN next year (Arkeel)....don't know where these guys are coming from...

If another CT grad didn't flunk out, McCombs would be likely sitting in favor of another CT RB too.

Alum86

Did they burn down the ROTC Hangar?
Reaction Score
If another CT grad didn't flunk out, McCombs would be likely sitting in favor of another CT RB too.

True Dat. And the coach from the best program in the state doesn't spew garbage like Marinelli. At least I have not heard any. Rock on AHS and the NVL

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
I don't know Marinelli personally, but it sounds like he couldn't find a clue with a flash light, map and first hand knowledge of the exact location.

Reaction Score
After the Rutgers I was standing by the C entrance waiting for members of my family. To my right is a group of people and one of them is talking about GDL and giving him props. After a minute or two, I could not take it anymore, so I lean in and ask; do you think a Ppgdl led team would have beaten Rutgers today? His response was maybe, but now we will never know. At the time I wondered if he was a ct high school coach.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
After the Rutgers I was standing by the C entrance waiting for members of my family. To my right is a group of people and one of them is talking about GDL and giving him props. After a minute or two, I could not take it anymore, so I lean in and ask; do you think a Ppgdl led team would have beaten Rutgers today? His response was maybe, but now we will never know. At the time I wondered if he was a ct high school coach.

I wouldn't have trusted Former "Offensive Coordinator" DeLeone to lead one side of my family's backyard Thanksgiving Day game.

Reaction Score
I don't know Marinelli personally, but it sounds like he couldn't find a clue with a flash light, map and first hand knowledge of the exact location.
This speaks to another reason why we need a radio station to carry UCONN Football to Lower Fairfield County. Keep this HS coach informed. Maybe He didn't know how badly PGDL were treating the UCONN Huskies. Go Coach Diaco.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mollykate

Top Bottom