Oh my good lord... | The Boneyard

Oh my good lord...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I'm a Buccaneers fan and I just threw up in my mouth.... Not a little, a lot.

What a freakin' stupid hire!!!! But the Buccaneers loss is a Uconn gain, I guess. I need to go find a toilet to hurl in.... Good God what a disaster!

Reaction Score
I was unaware there was such a thing as actual bucs fans.

Reaction Score
Maybe they will bring back Buccaneer Bruce.

Reaction Score
The pirate ship will be gone since the team will have to bond and chop wood. Gotta start somewhere.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
Shady will immediately demand a stadium expansion and tutors for the players. I wonder if RU will let his house revert back to the wild?

Reaction Score
Nah they gave him the keys to Edsalls hearse!

Reaction Score
With fears of which environmental Scheistano's coming move endangers, Greenpeace is ticked!

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
Tampa plays in NJ next year against the Giants. I wonder how a pro-Rutgers crowd will treat his return.

Reaction Score
Funny hting is that I almost think Schiano might end up beinga better pro coach than he was in college. Head coach in the NFL isn't really about x's and o's. You have people for that. it is about selling players and more importantly fans on what you are doing...If you need an example, look at the Jets. that guy with all hsi Superbowl blather is just a fatter version of Schiano (who happens to be more into feet, to I guess) Every year Ryan is Superbowl bound in July and watching the game on tv come February. But generally the Jetropolitan fans think he's doing a great job. While down the road boring, cranky old Tom Coughlin is on his way to his 2nd Super Bowl in 4 years...and the fans hdon't really care for him. I could see Schiano being another Rex Ryan. Pretty good teams as long as he lets his coordinators do there thing.

Reaction Score
Funny hting is that I almost think Schiano might end up beinga better pro coach than he was in college. Head coach in the NFL isn't really about x's and o's. You have people for that. it is about selling players and more importantly fans on what you are doing...If you need an example, look at the Jets. that guy with all hsi Superbowl blather is just a fatter version of Schiano (who happens to be more into feet, to I guess) Every year Ryan is Superbowl bound in July and watching the game on tv come February. But generally the Jetropolitan fans think he's doing a great job. While down the road boring, cranky old Tom Coughlin is on his way to his 2nd Super Bowl in 4 years...and the fans hdon't really care for him. I could see Schiano being another Rex Ryan. Pretty good teams as long as he lets his coordinators do there thing.
Couldn't disagree more.

Rex Ryan was an amazing defensive coordinator (i.e., an 'X's and O's' guy as well as a motivator). Schiano was a mediocre college HC whose best traits are not at all transferable. He doesn't need to convince Josh Freeman's mom that the Bucs are a family and her son will be getting a degree. He's, now, going to have coach head-to-head against Sean Payton, and others. They're going to run circles around him.

SI pointed it out best, Tampa Bay has fired 3 straight head coaches and gone from Dungy to Gruden to Morris to Schiano. A downgrade every time.

Reaction Score
. Head coach in the NFL isn't really about x's and o's. You have people for that. it is about selling players and more importantly fans on what you are doing...

So it was fan support that got the Giants to this year's super bowl? Or was it the fantastic way Coughlin sold the fans and the media on his vision?

From 2000 to 2011, 21 teams won at least a share of a conference championship. 6 of the teams won at least a share more than once.

None of them were named Rutgers. If you can't win at least a share of the Big East in 11 years when 21 teams did, you have no chance of competing as a Head Coach in the NFL. None.

Unless Belichick and Coughlin are going to be his new coordinators.

Reaction Score
Still LMAO at this...."Head coach in the NFL isn't really about x's and o's. You have people for that."

So the reason Belichik has so many wins, super bowls, etc, is because of his excellent assistants (most of whom have flamed out as HC's) and his ability to sell his vision to the fans.

I'm a Giants fan, but after watching this, http://www.patriots.com/media-cente...-1262012/42a978fc-5e80-4b6e-851c-685b0bfa9158 I'm sold. How could anyone not want to rally around this engaging and enthusiastic personality?!

Reaction Score
Syracuse plays in NJ next year against the Giants. I wonder how a pro-Rutgers crowd will treat his return.

??? A Rutgers crowd a Giants game? huh? When Tampa comes up to the Meadowlands next season, nobody's going to notice the opposing head coach.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom