Oh lawdy...and so starts the ESPN ND v UConn propaganda machine | The Boneyard

Oh lawdy...and so starts the ESPN ND v UConn propaganda machine

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
And even the NCAA selection chair has bought into it. When asked about picking UConn as the overall #1 over Notre Dame she said "and we are looking forward to a great championship" - as if it is preordained that those will be the teams in the final game.

Look, I like our chances. But this schtick is going to make me sick. I can't imagine how fans of the other teams in the tourney must be feeling.

Reaction Score
Maybe the talking heads think they need to talk it up so they can give nd some confidence?

Reaction Score
Good catch, very bad PR from the head of selection committee.

Reaction Score
I like it. I hope everyone overlooks Baylor, including ND.
I for one am not overlooking Baylor. They gave UConn a tougher time than anybody else they played. UConn had to work really hard to run their offense vs Baylor. A really tough defensive team and a strong willed group of players. Fortunately UConn defense was strong in that game and had an excellent plan to guard Odyssey. MoJet was huge in this game and Simms teammates failed to help her on offense. We shall see if Baylor has grown as a team offensively. ND won't overlook Baylor.

ThisJustIn

Queen of Queens
Reaction Score
I don't mind it at all -- it's what the women's game needs: A visible draw. Notre Dame and UConn are the hottest, most public rivalry around. Can you think of another, more attractive storyline?

cabbie191

Jonathan Husky on a date with Holi
Reaction Score
I don't mind it at all -- it's what the women's game needs: A visible draw. Notre Dame and UConn are the hottest, most public rivalry around. Can you think of another, more attractive storyline?

I know the talking heads have to pick something but I think a UConn/Tenn final would be just as compelling.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I like it. I hope everyone overlooks Baylor, including ND.

I'll admit it, I was very happy to see Baylor in ND's bracket. Has ND faced a team as tough on D this year?

Reaction Score
Exactly. This isn't the men's game. The sport needs as much help as it can get, and if that means ESPN pimping the hell out of this match up for the next few weeks, then so be it.

Reaction Score

It isn't so much promoting it. It's just it will be endless. I bet we see that little piece every. single. game.

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
I'll admit it, I was very happy to see Baylor in ND's bracket. Has ND faced a team as tough on D this year?
Nope. Not one.

Baylor both physically and mentally tough. Should be a great game if it happens.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
It isn't so much promoting it. It's just it will be endless. I bet we see that little piece every. single. game.

Just out of spite to ESPN and the selection committee.... i hope the matchup doesnt happen :rolleyes:

Reaction Score
I do find it interesting that as much as they will be hyping the potential meeting in the NC game, they didn't have a "look-in" at UConn. All the other #1s were featured. What is up with that? Maybe ESPN called and Geno said "Let me look at my calendar...Monday, March 17th? Oh, I'm so sorry. I can't be on that night. I have to wash my hair."

Reaction Score
UConn needs no hype and Mulkey and Muffet can learn alot from Geno!

Reaction Score
ESPN names TBS as the player of the year and Muffet comes on ESPN and says Her player is the best in WCBB and has 1 big east title in 4 years and 0 national championships. Stewart has a final 4 mop and a player of the year and a National championship and she has not finished her sophomore year in college! Keep dreaming Muppet!

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
If a ND-UCONN matchup does occur in the championship game...... the build-up and meltdowns from this board and ND's board will be soooooooooooooooo entertaining

simpsons.jpg

ThisJustIn

Queen of Queens
Reaction Score

I'm sorry - your point is? It's as if you think folks other than a small cohort actually know and/or care about women's basketball.

The "Three to See" was a hugely successful advertising campaign. Why, because it.ran.over.and.over. And it got into non-fans' brains.

Lordy. Marketing women's basketball can't win for losing.

Reaction Score
Come on people, two undefeated teams #1 teams in the 64, of course the hype machine goes into full swing. And considering the history of the two programs, all the way back to the Sue Bird era, you can't script drama like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom