Oh joy Picozzi's back | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Oh joy Picozzi's back

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
KGHoops may just be onto something here. It doesn't seem he prepares for UConn games beyond knowing factoids -- where Caroline is from, etc., and trotting them out, time and again. His critiques of players are very basic at best, and, until this last game, IMHO, he dd not play to Meghan's one strength, which is knowledge of the game. In the Towson game, he led her to more technical discussions of the game, and she was better than usual. All this could be because he's just too comfortable with the team, and we are too uncomfortable with his quirks.

I'd be happy if he would just call the game -- do, literally, play-by-play. I kno that's out of fashion these days, but it would be a relief.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
I'd be happy if he would just call the game -- do, literally, play-by-play. I kno that's out of fashion these days, but it would be a relief.
Calling the game is really my only complaint with Bob because if he would do that as well as Eric Frede the rest of the stuff would reduce in ratio and clean itself up. Eric constantly identified the subs in and out and who was now on the court. He correctly identified calls and was not afraid to interrupt the talk at hand to do so. These are all the things I look for from a play by play announcer.

Reaction Score
No one's perfect! I for one, think he is doing a great job.

Reaction Score
Calling the game is really my only complaint with Bob because if he would do that as well as Eric Frede the rest of the stuff would reduce in ratio and clean itself up.

Yes, ice, this is my basic complaint, with Bob and a lot of other play by play guys.
Leave the anecdotal and media guide material for time outs or slack periods when
they're lining up to shoot free throws - and when the game is going on - call the game.

Reaction Score
I guess I'd have to agree with that as well. Call the game and everything else is proportionately less painful.

Reaction Score
I like him. Like his voice and the energy he brings to the game.

Reaction Score
Bob and Meghan need new material. They say the same thing over and over and over again. It would be nice tro see some new blood in there. Some new stories... Cause the same thing day after day after day... reminds me of Ground Hogs Day.... without Bill Murray to make it funny.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom