Oh how I wish Christyn would get back to | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Oh how I wish Christyn would get back to

Reaction Score
Maybe not getting conference freshman of the year, will give her a little extra motivation come tournament time.

IF CW or any other player came to UCONN to get an individual accolade, she(they) came to the wrong school.
If it takes missing an individual accolade to motivate a player at UCONN, Geno doesn't want you.

JoePgh

Cranky pants and wise acre
Reaction Score
IF CW or any other player came to UCONN to get an individual accolade, she(they) came to the wrong school.
If it takes missing an individual accolade to motivate a player at UCONN, Geno doesn't want you.
Nonetheless, with her talent, she should be the AAC freshman of the year, even if she is 5th of the five UConn starters in scoring. If she doesn't win that award (and she may not), she will have underachieved.

Reaction Score
I just want to see her shoot more. That's how to get out of a shooting slump. After Monday, there are a bunch of creampuffs. Drive Christyn drive. Shoot Christyn shoot. If she doesn't get back to being a scoring threat, they don't win the title. Right now I think the rest of her game can wait. Been awhile since I coached my last national champions, though.
That is the exact wrong thing to do. You do not adjust your game by using it against creampuffs. What you do against them you will have trouble doing against the better teams. Do you people want her to get better and adjust or do you just want her to put up stats?

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Maybe not getting conference freshman of the year, will give her a little extra motivation come tournament time.
Here are some players who were NOT conference FOY:

Diana Taurasi

Skylar Diggins

Katie Lou Samuelson

Napheesa Collier

Reaction Score
Among top recruits who attend P5 schools vs. those who attend UConn, the change in competition is different. Many of the top recruits who end up at P5s difficulty increases once they move into conference play, but UConn’s sort of gets easier/plateaus. It was encouraging to see Christyn play so well against the tougher part of the schedule, but she hasn’t been playing as well in conference.

Reaction Score
Here are some players who were NOT conference FOY:

Diana Taurasi

Skylar Diggins

Katie Lou Samuelson

Napheesa Collier
Speaking of that, who is the frontrunner for AAC FOY? Christyn still?

Reaction Score
That is the exact wrong thing to do. You do not adjust your game by using it against creampuffs. What you do against them you will have trouble doing against the better teams. Do you people want her to get better and adjust or do you just want her to put up stats?

c'mon, just saying Christyn might be more comfortable taking more shots against the weaker teams. she's obviously deferring to the big 3. neither she nor the team needs to do any special adjusting; she's got to take more like 10-12 shots per. no big deal. put the " impact the game in other ways" stuff aside for the moment. no better way to impact a game than to score points. she's got 3 more years to learn that other stuff.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom