Offseason Interview Series: Bob Diaco Talks Offense | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Offseason Interview Series: Bob Diaco Talks Offense

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
No need to get testicular torsion yet - It's all coach-speak. One level above or below a politician depending on your perspective.

I do agree WM needs to spring for a Media Relations Coach/Consultant to assist w/ his messaging.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
If that's not lowering expectations I don't know what is. Does this sound ike a guy who's been here for a year or someone that's just watched his first Spring Practice? A ringing endorsement of all the progress that's been made under the offensive staff. Is that supposed to motivate the kids? I shouldn't have clicked on it just knew it was a bad idea.
????

After what we saw this past season how can anyone think that anything should be more important for the team to focus on than ball security?

Reaction Score
Debbie downers galore around here. A tough season. We all agree. Coach speaks about the teams deficiencies and what's being acceptable (turnovers) and that's not good enough for anyone. Think about the first 6-8 games of the year, they severely hampered the team and throughout the season. While it wasn't the only problem for the offense, it was a HUGE problem last season. How do you think the defense felt as well?!

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Debbie downers galore around here. A tough season. We all agree. Coach speaks about the teams deficiencies and what's being acceptable (turnovers) and that's not good enough for anyone. Think about the first 6-8 games of the year, they severely hampered the team and throughout the season. While it wasn't the only problem for the offense, it was a HUGE problem last season. How do you think the defense felt as well?!

You crack me up.

The head football coach is f%c@!ng incoherent and it's message board posters who are 'debbie downers'.

It might matter, it might not - but is it too much to ask for the head football coach making 7 figures a year to put together a handful of coherent thoughts?

Reaction Score
You crack me up.

The head football coach is f%c@!ng incoherent and it's message board posters who are 'debbie downers'.

It might matter, it might not - but is it too much to ask for the head football coach making 7 figures a year to put together a handful of coherent thoughts?
Have to agree. How does spending too much time on the offense take away from like engaging the fans? I mean that I read I read that wrong? Just doesn't make sense.

Reaction Score
I'm given some hope in that the "Wacky" Harbaugh is still a very good coach. Maybe "Wacky" Diaco will turn out to be good too. Still, I wish he sounded more like the "Normal" Diaco that we saw on ESPN last month more often.

I'm really annoyed with this "not ready to win" stuff. I've always felt the team that plays the best wins. That is what is important, getting a team to believe in themselves, play at 100% all the time (with love of course), and do very bit of game planning possible to put them in a position to succeed. The level of competition is not that great. Every team is not firing on all cylinders all the time. The goal of every game is to win. Looking at the schedule, it is a realistic goal for every game. That is what I want to hear from the coach. Tell us how you are going to prepare your team to WIN.

Reaction Score
????

After what we saw this past season how can anyone think that anything should be more important for the team to focus on than ball security?

We lost 16 fumbles and had 12 interceptions. Both bad numbers. Guess what team lost 14 fumbles and had 12 int's? HINT: They played last night.

When you can't block, consistently put yourself in third and long and constantly rotate QB's in and out and play young guys you get turnovers. Some of that couldn't be avoided but you're confusing a symptom with the cause.

Bonehead

'Ollie North of the Cesspool'
Reaction Score

Not once has the coach given critique on himself or other coaches - not once.
Cupboard bare, losing mentality, team is fat - but all the coaches graded out a 100% for the year, hey coach?

Amazing that how there was no need to critique coaching or playcalling on a 2-10 team...we used to have the Greatest Student Section in America (supposedly) now we have graduated to the greatest coaching staff in America.

Bonehead

Reaction Score
We lost 16 fumbles and had 12 interceptions. Both bad numbers. Guess what team lost 14 fumbles and had 12 int's? HINT: They played last night.

When you can't block, consistently put yourself in third and long and constantly rotate QB's in and out and play young guys you get turnovers. Some of that couldn't be avoided but you're confusing a symptom with the cause.

And keep your best receiver on the bench half the game, including 3rd and long opportunities, have head scratching game plans and play calling, and so on and so on....

yes, ball security is important, just like many other things. If maybe play calling was different the team would not have found themselves in the positions they were in, or if you got the play in on time (Army game/twice!) but its only the players that suck on the football squad, right coach!?

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
Not once has the coach given critique on himself or other coaches - not once.
Cupboard bare, losing mentality, team is fat - but all the coaches graded out a 100% for the year, hey coach?

Amazing that how there was no need to critique coaching or playcalling on a 2-10 team...we used to have the Greatest Student Section in America (supposedly) now we have graduated to the greatest coaching staff in America.
I suspect Diaco simply isn't sharing the coaches "grades", and he's not obligated to. And at least one coaching change is in process.

Bonehead

Reaction Score
I suspect Diaco simply isn't sharing the coaches "grades", and he's not obligated to. And at least one coaching change is in process.

The one that every boneyarder pretty much had said they were opposed to? The one guy HE DIDNT bring onto his staff? Kudos to him - he is a brave soul.

And he is not obligated to throw the student athletes under the bus but that doesnt stop him...you are right, he is not, just like he is not obligated to admit he showed Foley the door, or to detail and speak of 'lower leg injuries' (because he doesnt want to give away that competitive advantage - oh brother!!), or admit they F*&^ed up the end of the Army game when they couldnt get the players into the game ontime twice in the last 1 minute.

A true leader speaks of his mistakes just as easily as speaking of the mistakes of his subordinates - guess that knowledge wasnt bestowed upon him under the mentoring of the great Hayden Fry...or he never received that fortune in a cookie at Golden Palace Wok...

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
The fortune cookie line made me laugh. :)

Reaction Score
I'm hoping that Sheriffs is good and can move the ball. I view the fact that NCST wanted him to to play FB as a positive thing. Maybe he is tough and can move the ball with his feet. I am not convinced the team has enough talent at WR/QB to throw long unless there is a blown coverage. Hope the TE's can improve as well. Hope, Hope, Hope!

Bonehead

Reaction Score
I'm hoping that Sheriffs is good and can move the ball. I view the fact that NCST wanted him to to play FB as a positive thing. Maybe he is tough and can move the ball with his feet. I am not convinced the team has enough talent at WR/QB to throw long unless there is a blown coverage. Hope the TE's can improve as well. Hope, Hope, Hope!

Love your bright side thought process...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mollykate

Top Bottom