Offseason Coach Bueckers | The Boneyard

Offseason Coach Bueckers

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
I know it's a fun video, but it also speaks to Paige's BBIQ. The lone silver lining of her being on the bench for so long may be that she really has ingrained now the eye of a coach and can see things that MAYBE she might not have seen from being on the court.

I said "maybe" because Paige is so good at everything, it's hard to say "but she needs to do this better". But I think the eye she has is a result of her already great skills, maybe spending time watching from the bench, and her love of basketball - we've read she watches basketball all the time.

Majic Hands

https://www.neumi.com/jkvetter
Reaction Score
Don't know how much time she actually spent with the coaches and what they assigned her to do.

If she actually had assignments, in a position where she was hearing the interaction between the coaches. . . I would think her BBIQ grew more than she may realize until she's much older.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
It seems like one day, a coaching opening will have "national player of the year as a freshman" at the very least as a requirement :D

A natural progression of things to come for Paige. She knows the game. She learned a lot last year watching from the side lines. Not only that, but she can coach, or sit behind a microphone or in front of a camera after she's done. I'm betting Paige will still want to be closer to the game than being in a studio.

Reaction Score
A natural progression of things to come for Paige. She knows the game. She learned a lot last year watching from the side lines. Not only that, but she can coach, or sit behind a microphone or in front of a camera after she's done. I'm betting Paige will still want to be closer to the game than being in a studio.
The way PB is hauling in the NIL $$$ and mucho endorsement deals at the pro level (hopefully, in a few years), she could be sitting in the owner's suite for some WNBA team.

Reaction Score
I know it's a fun video, but it also speaks to Paige's BBIQ. The lone silver lining of her being on the bench for so long may be that she really has ingrained now the eye of a coach and can see things that MAYBE she might not have seen from being on the court.

I said "maybe" because Paige is so good at everything, it's hard to say "but she needs to do this better". But I think the eye she has is a result of her already great skills, maybe spending time watching from the bench, and her love of basketball - we've read she watches basketball all the time.
At some point Geno commented that when he calls a timeout because of something he doesn't like he doesn't have to say anything because Bueckers is already saying that in the huddle.

Reaction Score

Paige might have learned several things last season, but I suspect the thing she learned the most while sitting on the bench is that she doesn't want to sit on the bench.

Reaction Score
The biggest tragedy about Paige is we lost her 4 years and possibly fifth year of her career in playing at Uconn. What records she might have set and NC's she might have won. In stead we will have 2 and a half or 3 and a half years of her playing instead. Paige has a coaches mind-set and I believe will someday coach a college team, dare I hope, Uconn. We were robbed of seeing possibly the best female BB player in Women's BB history and all the wonderful things she would have been able to do. GO PAIGE!!!GO HUSKIES!!!!

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
Paige is just SO dedicated to her craft. As has been said repeatedly above (and I and many others said it soon after Paige was hurt last year), she saw the game in a new way sitting on the sidelines, KNOWING that she'd be on the sidelines for the entire season. She made the most of it.

I've probably said this before here: there's an amazing (and non-coincidental) correlation between the hardest workers and the most-talented people. Players like Paige are often touted as having such great natural gifts, but to some extent, that discounts just how hard they work. I agree with those that think you probably can't teach the court vision that someone like Bird (Sue or Larry) or Magic had, but the way that Paige thinks about the game is learned, not innate. She's not the quickest player out there, but her mind is a half-step quicker than just about anyone else's.

Reaction Score
The way PB is hauling in the NIL $$$ and mucho endorsement deals at the pro level (hopefully, in a few years), she could be sitting in the owner's suite for some WNBA team.
OR.... In with Stewie and Pheesa for the 3x3 league

Reaction Score
She's not the quickest player out there, but her mind is a half-step quicker than just about anyone else's.
Much like your mention of Larry Bird, knows where to be on the floor at all times.

Reaction Score
Paige is just SO dedicated to her craft. As has been said repeatedly above (and I and many others said it soon after Paige was hurt last year), she saw the game in a new way sitting on the sidelines, KNOWING that she'd be on the sidelines for the entire season. She made the most of it.

I've probably said this before here: there's an amazing (and non-coincidental) correlation between the hardest workers and the most-talented people. Players like Paige are often touted as having such great natural gifts, but to some extent, that discounts just how hard they work. I agree with those that think you probably can't teach the court vision that someone like Bird (Sue or Larry) or Magic had, but the way that Paige thinks about the game is learned, not innate. She's not the quickest player out there, but her mind is a half-step quicker than just about anyone else's.
A lot of players have the ability to exploit your weakness on the court. What separated Bird and Magic is they could exploit your strengths the same way and still have a high level of success. So what is the difference? Every team is coached to support their players weaknesses and none are going to support a strength so once you have them beat you control the possession and you dictate the outcome. Paige may have those traits too but she will need to play with better players than she had her freshman year to really show it. I think this years team has a better 5 than any team for quite some time at UCONN so I think we will see.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom