Officiating | The Boneyard

Officiating

Status
Not open for further replies.

UChusky916

Making the board a little less insufferable
Reaction Score
It's sour grapes to complain about officiating when your team loses, but since we won I'm gonna complain.

Easily one of the most lopsided officiated games I've seen in Georgetown's favor.

Jackson's "tech" was garbage, he looked at the bench and maybe said 1 word... seemed like the refs wanted to stop UConn's momentum at the end of the half.

I could name 6 blatant fouls Georgetown made that were not called (Calcaterra's 1-handed play at the rim out of necessity because his other hand was held... elbow to Clingans mouth not even looked at... Sanogo runs into illegal screen and called for foul, etc.).

Yet calls against us include garbage call where Clingan was straight up.
A late Diarra clean strip is called a foul to keep the game single-digits.
Add in 1 or 2 out-of-bounds calls incorrectly Georgetown's favor.
Not to mention Diarra's long clean block not called a jump ball, so Georgetown kept possession.

This is just off the top of my head, I'm sure there's more.

Did the team play their worst game of the season so far? Yeah, maybe.

But if this was an evenly-officiated game, Georgetown never gets close to even taking the lead in the second half. End rant.

Reaction Score
They missed quite a few fouls and a couple other calls on our guys to, to be fair. The Jackson flop comes to mind.

The tech was ego by the zebra.

If I were to guess it probably ended up being a couple blown calls in GTs favor.

Reaction Score
They were trash but I think these games are good for us in the long run. We overcame a bit of adversity when it seemed like everything was going against us. We go forward knowing we can’t put the game in the refs hands.

Reaction Score
They stunk. But they stink most games. The worst was T'ing up Danny for telling them they stink after they called the first 1.5 second violation in NCAA history.
Yeah, that was one of the worst 3 second calls of all time.

Mike Honcho

I've lost count of titles
Reaction Score
Ehh, it's kinda hard to argue with a taunting tech from your living room. Andre is an emotional player and sometimes it gets the better of him. He needs to learn how to harness these emotions and I imagine it'll be a process. He's got that Draymond energy in more ways than one.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Dreadful performance from the refs. Lots of pre-meditated calls, like Sanogo’s 3 second call
To be honest, I'm surprised he doesn't get called for 3 seconds more often. He sits in the key with ball stuck to his hands surrounded by defenders more than not. That call was the least of any iffy call

Reaction Score
I’ve thought the officiating has been horrendous in every game this season except tonight. I thought it was decent and that’s likely because Cahill had the game who I think is one of the better refs in the conference. No problem on them calling the T’s. They wanted to stay in control of the game and they did. I thought both teams got away with some stuff and I prefer that than a whistle on everything.

Reaction Score
They weren’t very good both ways. Probably went against us 60-40 or so.

Andre was yapping a lot, he probably just said one thing too much. He needs to be better with that. He does talk to much. Let your play do the talking, and pick your spots to yap a little without hurting the team.

Reaction Score
They weren’t very good both ways. Probably went against us 60-40 or so.

Andre was yapping a lot, he probably just said one thing too much. He needs to be better with that. He does talk to much. Let your play do the talking, and pick your spots to yap a little without hurting the team.
They were yapping too, no techs.

And then there's this:

Reaction Score
They were yapping too, no techs.

And then there's this:

I didn’t see that they were, but they didn’t show it so no way I could’ve seen.

Either way, the retaliatory action is always what’s called. It’s pretty much the rule in all sports.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
They missed quite a few fouls and a couple other calls on our guys to, to be fair. The Jackson flop comes to mind.

The tech was ego by the zebra.

If I were to guess it probably ended up being a couple blown calls in GTs favor.
People bitching but mostly it was UConn not adjusting to how the game was called. Maybe slightly against UConn. The 3 second call was on Sanogo, not Jackson. He was in the lane calling for the pass, passed to Jackson and never moved out of the lane. It is a rare call, but he was camped.

We need to be prepared for a very physical style of play. Teams with high skill levels don’t always adjust to that.

Reaction Score
Crispino was also adamant that the Georgetown coaches were jawing at Andre while he was shooting. The COACHES.
Can’t blame Andre for saying something in the heat of the moment

Reaction Score
Unlike others, I had no problem with the Sanogo 3 second call. I'm a big Husky fan off course, and watched the game with my dad. I made the 3 second call at home before the ref did. He sets up, catches the ball, start with his moves, dumps the ball down, but does not clear out immeaditely to stop the count.
I agree with others on the board that I'm suprised at other times he doesn't get called, but I also think refs let guys bang him more because of his size and since he gifted down low and around he rim, they let it go and let try to finish.
My concern is the number of shots to the face guys took. I especially worry about Clingan and that because of his size, refs are going to let guys bang him up and let shots go that would draw whistles othewise. A foul was called, but I also though Akok's foul on Newton should have been looked at.

Overall, wasn't a fan of the refs tonight. Thought they were inconistent with the push-offs as well.

Reaction Score
I saw AJax turn to their bench and say something after the shot. It was clear to me someone had been yapping at him but I thought it may have been a fan right behind the bench. Interesting to read it was the coaching staff. He will need to learn to just stare them down in the future though. Shut them up with your play.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom