Official Well Done Tim Boyle Thread | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Official Well Done Tim Boyle Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
He didn't turn the ball over and engineered enough offense to kill some clock. Wasn't pretty but a W is a W. Good job Tim!
Myers loss was huge in this game. Boyle could have used him. Looked even more out of sync without him too.

Reaction Score
I'm a basketball first guy, but I watch and pull for the football team from out of state. I thought Boyle looked like a legit QB. Threw a nice ball. Had a few drops and only limited pocket time. I think he deserves some real credit, not some of the back handed comments.

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
He made some good decisions in the face of pressure. The missed connection to Anderson on the left would have been a TD if he could have waited 0.2-0.4 seconds. There were defenders coming at him, hard to fault him for throwing it away but on the replay I thought he had a fraction of a second.

Reaction Score
Decent job today,got the W but you can totally see the difference and how important Sheriffs is to this team.. a QB who can escape and throw on the run is crucial in college football and poor Timmy just can't.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
First home game I missed in years ended up being the biggest win (possibly) of the decade. Can't wait to get back home and see a replay.

Evidently there were injuries. What happened to Shirreffs? Meyers?

Reaction Score
First home game I missed in years ended up being the biggest win (possibly) of the decade. Can't wait to get back home and see a replay.

Evidently there were injuries. What happened to Shirreffs? Meyers?

Myers had a lower left leg injury in the 1st qtr that will need surgery, so he's done for this year.

On the same drive, Shirreffs scrambled for yardage and a defender lead with his helmet into Shirreff's head during his slide. Player got called for targeting & was ejected. Shirreffs left & Boyle filled in rest of the way. Could be a concussion - haven't heard yet on his status.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Myers had a lower left leg injury in the 1st qtr that will need surgery, so he's done for this year.

On the same drive, Shirreffs scrambled for yardage and a defender lead with his helmet into Shirreff's head during his slide. Player got called for targeting & was ejected. Shirreffs left & Boyle filled in rest of the way. Could be a concussion - haven't heard yet on his status.
Thanks

Reaction Score
I was pleasantly surprised Boyle was thrown right into the fire against a defense that forces turnovers and he didnt turn it over he managed the game very well, and made smart decisions. Be ready to go next week.

C

Chief00

Quite frankly, he throws a nice ball but the receivers need to adjust to his velocity vs BS - hence the drops.
I also think you need a diifferet game plan - the passes TB can make are much different than BS. But, he's not the runner.
The 12 men on the field nonsense is something that's on the coaches - should not be happening at this point of the season.

Reaction Score
I can't remember exactly when it was but Tim threw a good pass to Thomas on a 3rd and long under pressure. I think we got a field goal out of the drive rather than nothing. That turned out to be a huge throw.

Reaction Score
Please! These kudos for Tim are much too tepid for my liking. He did an amazing job coming in cold against one of the last remaining undefeated teams in the country, He suffered a few drops by receivers who needed to make those catches. And the coaches needed to process the play calling quicker. But he made no critical mistakes and threw the ball well. He could have paniced and threw picks. He could have fumbled. But he was cool under pressure and commanded the huddle. After such an outstanding and promising high school career Tim had to accept the backup role here at UConn. He's done so enthusiastically, without ever complaining. To now be the winning QB in one of our biggest victories and be on the field for that emotional celebration has to be a sweet memory he'll cherish forever. He was a huge part of this win.

Reaction Score
On Tim's first or second pass, he hits Bloom right in the hands about 8 yards down field and headed for a first down. Bloom drops it. I thought here we go again, Boyle will receive no help again. But he hung tough and managed the game. Good for our Huskies.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RipBenEmek

Top Bottom