Official UConn vs UCF prediction thread | The Boneyard

Official UConn vs UCF prediction thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
The annual renewal of this storied rivalry writes another chapter Sat afternoon - bring on the ConFLiCT!

Arkeel has another big day. D forces key turnovers.

We make our usual mistakes, but do enough good things to get our first road win 21-17.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
Good guys 34, bad guys 20. Our offense explodes (led by Arkeel), but we give up a dumb late TD that makes it look closer than it is.

Reaction Score
We have a game this week? I thought we had postponed it so that some of us would have their time free to monitor the Edsall situation?

We get it done. I don't know or care how or by how much, but we get it done.

Reaction Score
We have a game this week? I thought we had postponed it so that some of us would have their time free to monitor the Edsall situation?

We get it done. I don't know or care how or by how much, but we get it done.

We really should take the BC and Edsall threads and dump them in the Cesspool. If the participants in those can put up with the insanity over there, bully for them. I don't want to see threads about either.

UConn 24-13.

Reaction Score
Will be tougher with their starting QB and WR back for this one. We still have to prove we can make plays to win games when it counts. Hanging tough with quality teams is progress, but the next step is winning those games. UCF is down this year but this still will be a formidable challenge for us.

That being said, I still think we get it done tomorrow in a close one.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
UConn has to win this game. We have to stay on bowl schedule and dropping this one drastically drops our bowl odds. Defense plays well, offense does enough.

UConn 20
UCF 14

Reaction Score
UConn 35--UCF 17. UCF being favored is a gift wrapped invitation for building your bank account.

Reaction Score
We have our issues but UCF has bigger ones. This prediction assumes both sets of coaches looked at the films and will adjust accordingly. We need to fix how we react to blitzes or we'll be seeing a backup QB before the season ends. We also need to pressure UCF because their run game stinks even though O'Leary keeps pounding it when they should throw. Play these guys tight and they may not get past the 50 yard line all day. Let their QB hang back and get his timing down and we'll be in a game.

This game shouldn't be competitive. A balanced offence with some tempo will exhaust their young defense and we should dominate the statsheet. Please don't let this one get stupid by playing passive.

UConn 34 UCF 7

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
24 - 17 A touchdown in the final minutes for UCF makes the score close, but UConn's offense finally looks comfortable.

Reaction Score
Their young defense against our offense. Stalemate.
Our defense should handle their offense. ... but....
Special teams..... will not be so special and give them field position the whole game.
Our record traveling is dismal.
UCF 13 - Huskies 9.

Reaction Score
Their young defense against our offense. Stalemate.
Our defense should handle their offense. ... but....
Special teams..... will not be so special and give them field position the whole game.
Our record traveling is dismal.
UCF 13 - Huskies 9.

If this happens I owe you the beverage of your choice - and I'm off the Diaco bandwagon. That would make this a turning point mentally for this team and an indictment of our progress. This cannot happen!

Bonehead

'Ollie North of the Cesspool'
Reaction Score
I have a bad feeling; Hungry 0-5 team playing for a make believe cause....

UCF 23 UConn 12

Reaction Score
Gut feeling says UConn wins this. The whole team needs this win if nothing more than to save face for the weird Civil Conflict deal. Plus...they were in each of the three losses. I don't know if the Huskies win it 7-0, 35-34 or anything in between but they pull this thing out and get to 3-3 on the season and a huge morale boost for Homecoming.

Reaction Score
If they want a bowl bid they have to beat both Florida teams. No way around it.

Uconn- 27
UCF- 13

Alum86

Did they burn down the ROTC Hangar?
Reaction Score
21-7 UCF. We do not win on the road

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
23-17 UConn. Kind of scared for this game, but I think we find a way. Let's hope UCF has already packed it in for the season.

HuskyBarker

A Tiger is always Hungry!
Reaction Score
UCONN wins the #duckkinBaconJalepenoMacandCheese Bowl ! ;) 17 - 6

Bonehead

'Ollie North of the Cesspool'
Reaction Score
Hilarious how more people are picking against us here than MISSOURI or BYU.

Dogs win
I don't think it's hilarious at all. Seasons have ebbs and flow, match ups and what have you. I am struggling to see a UConn win here today although I will cheer wildly to that effort.

0-5 team with QB back, at home, Diaco has pumped up the game for the opponent and I can't help but think of the SMU game last year in this spot. I won't be shocked with a UCF 10 point victory.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22