Official UConn v Chaleston Thread | Page 7 | The Boneyard

Official UConn v Chaleston Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
Odd lineup here. Dham at the 5. Purvis, Cassell, Sam, Boat.

SMALL.

BUHusky

The original. Accept no substitutes.
Reaction Score
Sticking with that classic 5 guard lineup. DHam at center...

Reaction Score
amory said:
Appreciate the alley oop but why the hell did we not just run some clock

We'd have been fouled right after and we're in the 1 and 1. If you get a sure 2, take it. It was a pretty under control alley oop.

Reaction Score
Alvarro Martin and Devin Horn (never heard of either) are the two announcers for those who still care

Reaction Score
We had 3 different turnovers in last 2 minutes. Samuel, then Boatright, then Purvis.

Reaction Score
upstater said:
We had 3 different turnovers in last 2 minutes. Samuel, then Boatright, then Purvis.

Hamilton had one on a lazy pass. Not sure if Samuel did.

Reaction Score
I know this opinion won't be popular after that ghastly affair, but we'll handle Dayton. We just looked lost out there for long stretches and our perimeter D had some huge holes, but CofC's shooting percentage was outrageous even with a lot of hands in their faces. I think Ollie will rip them for their lethargy and they'll come out swinging next game.

Reaction Score
Well its clear we have a lot of talent, and I certainly wouldn't want to play us come March. But right now, we are not a very well put together basketball team. I know its only two games, but we shouldn't be in this close of games against Bryant and C of C. plenty of new guys or not.

In the offseason I worried about our outside shooting. After the exhibitions, I was worried about our outside shooting. And two games in I am still worried about our outside shooting. Boat, Ham, and Purv can all make threes, but they are more volume shooters than knock down guys. Cassell appears to be our only catch and shoot consistent knock down shooter (again its way early, but this is what I see). With almost no low post game to speak of (we are basically playing 4 on 5 on offense with facey in, and 3 on 5 with Nolan and facey in). That's a bad combo.

We could really use Niels right now...We have tons of talent, but a lot of it is redundant and not exactly a diverse set of skills. When t sam and Purvis are in together, both of them catch it and put their head straight down and drive to the hole. the d plays off and they have nowhere to go.

It's going to take a while for us to gel, and we all know this. Although, it has been 4 games now and its been single digits every game late into the second half. Still excited about the season and think we will have a very good team come March.

Reaction Score
Watching a tape replay, Nolan's first 2 fouls. Number one was setting a screen where he barely touched the defender. Number 2 was a layup going straight up no push off. You just can't call stuff like this because it puts him on the bench for no reason.

Reaction Score
Purvis looked like he is getting his feet under him. He needs to figure out when to go fast and when to go slow. Put Cassel's mind in his body......

Reaction Score
Another certain sign that I have gone over the hill - why is the College of Charleston playing in PR at the same time the Charleston Classic is being played on their home floor?

Because Charleston wants to play in a different tournament every year, just like everyone else.

Reaction Score
Lot of good things to take away from the game.

We had the same bad stretch of shooting
but I think that will go away.

I think Purvis needed to make those and I think our entire team will be much much different in 4 months.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbie32

Top Bottom