Official UConn v. CCSU Prediction Thread | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Official UConn v. CCSU Prediction Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Bufalina with the rare Wednesday opening today! Pretty sure they did it for the season opener.
I had been eyeing that since they announced it last week, but one of my daughters who is home from college wanted New Haven pizza for dinner last night, so Bufalina is out tonight.

I got takeout from Modern last night and made the mistake of requesting light bake, like we've been doing at Bufalina since the pandemic so we can finish it off in the oven at home. Unfortunately it didn't finish off nearly as well and it was a little disappointing because the crust didn't hold.

I think we are doing Chinese tonight.

Reaction Score
101-63

I think our offense will be on fire but our defense will be a little off just because it is the first game. But who knows? It is just a guess.

Reaction Score
I know everyone is excited but scoring 100 points? Delusional.

Skies - 72
Central- 58

central probably comes out and scores 2 quick 3s leading to a Danny timeout.

Reaction Score
I had been eyeing that since they announced it last week, but one of my daughters who is home from college wanted New Haven pizza for dinner last night, so Bufalina is out tonight.

I got takeout from Modern last night and made the mistake of requesting light bake, like we've been doing at Bufalina since the pandemic so we can finish it off in the oven at home. Unfortunately it didn't finish off nearly as well and it was a little disappointing because the crust didn't hold.

I think we are doing Chinese tonight.
What's the go to for Chinese? I'm 50/50 Mr J's or Jia Mei. Solid solid choice for game night though for sure.

For some reason I don't trust the light bakes at all. I live close enough to Bufalina to get it home hot so not taking any chances.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
What's the go to for Chinese? I'm 50/50 Mr J's or Jia Mei. Solid solid choice for game night though for sure.
Oh I don't know Mr. J's. I will have to check it out.

Tonight it will be Jia Mei for some fried rice and noodles to accompany the dumplings and spring rolls my wife picked up earlier from Fresh Market.

I think Clinton's Taste of China is probably the best in the area, and we like Steamed, which they also own, for dumplings and sesame noodles.

Reaction Score
Oh I don't know Mr. J's. I will have to check it out.

Tonight it will be Jia Mei for some fried rice and noodles to accompany the dumplings and spring rolls my wife picked up earlier from Fresh Market.

I think Clinton's Taste of China is probably the best in the area, and we like Steamed, which they also own, for dumplings and sesame noodles.
Mr J’s is just good because it has sushi and Japanese dishes, too. Otherwise no better than Jia Mei. Taste of China is great, haven’t been there in so long. While we’re off topic and talking about Asian food, September in Bangkok in New Haven is amazing definitely worth a lunch detour.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
While we’re off topic and talking about Asian food, September in Bangkok in New Haven is amazing definitely worth a lunch detour.
I am a fan, although I think the name is silly. Been for lunch several times. Very close to my office.

The Terrace in Hamden is by far the best Thai food I’ve had in this country, but it’s a lot more expensive and not “street food“ like September in Bangkok, so probably not fair to compare the two.

Rice Pot is good and pretty standard; and you can’t beat the Jasmine food truck for value.

Reaction Score
Mr J’s is just good because it has sushi and Japanese dishes, too. Otherwise no better than Jia Mei. Taste of China is great, haven’t been there in so long. While we’re off topic and talking about Asian food, September in Bangkok in New Haven is amazing definitely worth a lunch detour.
Get this food talk outta here! This is opening night!!

Mike9904111

99-04-11-14-23-24
Reaction Score
We've been waiting for this day for 900 years it seems.

UCONN- 84
CCSU- 48

Reaction Score
i’m so glad there’s hoops

my roommate was an omega and knew donyell... the best era

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors