EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Paige
Christyn
Evina
Aaliyah
Olivia

It was posted on Huskies All Access stats link.

1636307716505.png

Reaction Score
Dorka and Liv just so good in both defense and offense..

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
Not surprised at the opening lineup at all. Things may change however if CW continues to hit 1 of 6 or so pull ups and be inconsistent from the arc this year. Evina though looks almost like a different player. Liv though....

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
So what is the injury status? I know Saylor and Aubrey are out, what’s up with Mir, Amari and Piath?

Reaction Score
Dorka being good is no surprise to me. Love her rebounding. She got over 11 rebounds a game her last year at OSU. We could really benefit from that. Imagine if we have better shooting AND better rebounding. That is a formula for being able to beat any team.

Bama fan

" As long as you lend a hand"
Reaction Score
Not surprised at the opening lineup at all. Things may change however if CW continues to hit 1 of 6 or so pull ups and be inconsistent from the arc this year. Evina though looks almost like a different player. Liv though....
CW scored 20 points on 9-14 shooting. I think she stays there .

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Christyn just needs to play within herself. Take the open threes if they’re there, but otherwise looked put the ball on the floor and drive to the hoop. If she does that she’ll be fine, more than fine actually.

JordyG

Reaction Score
Lol. If CW isn’t starting that means the year is going horribly wrong.
On the contrary. If CW isn't starting that means someone else really stepped up and is playing super BB.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Geno heard me!
Hi Gus, let me get some get some of that. My final guess was that if Nika was injured and couldn’t play, that Aaliyah would start.

Reaction Score
On the contrary. If CW isn't starting that means someone else really stepped up and is playing super BB.
If it isn't because of injury, this is true. Even more so since a newcomer would probably have to clearly beat out a senior incumbent. If Azzi could beat out Christyn, Caroline beat out Evina, and Dorka beat out Liv, that would be about as good as we could hope for. I don't expect it but everyone of those scenarios would be a very good sign for the team.

Reaction Score
It's about respect for the incumbents, and it's also about not applying too much pressure to an incoming player. It wouldn't surprise me to see Dorka getting starts early as she's a mature player who has dealt with similar levels of pressure before. It's prudent though for many reasons to phase everyone in. Sometimes the best way to introduce a new starter is someone stepping up to cover an injury or specifically addressing a unique need against an opposing team, say a team with two great bigs for example. Trust Geno. Imagine the pressure these freshmen are in. They aren't in Kansas any more.

Reaction Score
In other words, even if the better player is a sub, it is usually better for them to earn starting over time. The entire team needs to see the logic of any move.

Aluminny69

Old Timer
Reaction Score
Geno heard me!
Geno explained that he went with the starting lineup that he ended the season with last year. That was the least "controversial." ( My thought, not necessarily Geno's). Geno said he could use several different starting lineups. (Probably to appease Barnyard posters and speculators.)

Reaction Score
Geno explained that he went with the starting lineup that he ended the season with last year. That was the least "controversial." ( My thought, not necessarily Geno's). Geno said he could use several different starting lineups. (Probably to appease Barnyard posters and speculators.)
Well, in a post-game interview last year, Geno did say that sometimes when making a decision he should just forget it and do the exact opposite. I'm sure his thinking there was based on following the wisdom he had read pre-game on the BY. :D

JordyG

Reaction Score
Lol. If CW isn’t starting that means the year is going horribly wrong.
Agreed. You'd think after years and years of following Geno, posters would have a clue about how he does things. SMH
If that is true, how did freshman Bria Hartley suddenly start against Baylor in 2010 over senior Lauren Dixon if the team was doing so terribly? Why did Hartley from then make Lauren come off the bench for the majority of the season through Indianapolis?

Reaction Score
I seriously doubt this is the season ending (or season middle) starters. I expect lots of subs. But this lineup couldn’t get the job done last year so...

As for CW, Geno gives her lots of minutes because she gives him lots of points.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
If that is true, how did freshman Bria Hartley suddenly start against Baylor in 2010 over senior Lauren Dixon if the team was doing so terribly? Why did Hartley from then make Lauren come off the bench for the majority of the season through Indianapolis?
You're going to compare Dixon to Williams??? Really??? SMH.

(and it's Lorin)

Reaction Score
No doubt in my mind that this year...the starting lineup will at times depend on the opponent. The team is LOADED. It's also still on the young side. Skill is not the enemy. Game time experience is. And it's more of the mental side of game experience that needs improvement. The Arizona and Arkansas games last year exposed lack of game toughness IMO. And...those teams just brung it! Need more....Nika Muhl attitude, fight and confidence. I remember when she started and the ball just wouldn't go in. She just dug in her bag....and pulled out every other weapon she had. These girls are TOO nice. lol. I think in the early part of the season they will be trained to BITE!

BTW...If Fudd and Ducharme...settle in..., then I don't care how big you are inside...you have a problem.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom