Official Start Deshon Foxx at QB Thread | The Boneyard

Official Start Deshon Foxx at QB Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
AT the very least, and no one kill me for this, a couple wildcat plays a game wouldn't kill anyone. Adds a total different dynamic to the wildcat from years past.

Reaction Score
Not gonna lie, but it would add excitement and maybe, just maybe, work. We have speed on offense

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
Foxx actually threw a decent ball when he was in at QB. Get this: it was a COMPLETION. He looked fairly comfortable out there against Temple's scout team defense but, hey, I'll take it. And like @Tommyboy said, I'm down for whatever offense that bolts Whitmer to a clipboard and in a visor on the sideline.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
kudos to you at least staying long enough to see him play Qb

Truth be told I had to stop watching in the 2nd qtr to take my daughter to her volleyball game. I came home with score 36-10 and 6 min remaining.

I missed the 3rd quarter carnage.

Reaction Score
Anything to shake things up. Our offense is virtually unwatchable now.

Reaction Score
Lets be realistic.

I like Fox, but he was playing against 2nd & 3rd team Temple players,

Let's not equate that to executing against a first team defense.

Dooley

Reaction Score
Lets be realistic.

I hear ya, but the argument here is Foxx Wildcat offense vs. Whitmer Turnover offense. Either way, we aren't winning many games this season. If the goal is to keep Boyle concussion-less by season's end, then we can't play him behind our POS offensive line. Might as well put a guy out there that might be able to make a few unblocked defenders miss.

Reaction Score
Lets be realistic.

At worst it scores the same amount of points as a Whitmer lead offense which is Zero. At best he doesn't throw picks, fumble on sacks or take negative plays. Maybe just maybe we score a few rushing TDs. Anything is better than the sh it show we are being forced to watch every week.

Spread option and sneak in 5 or 6 passes per game. We're not going to set the world on fire but it might keep us in some games.

Reaction Score
Lets be realistic.

time to go with something completely new for the rest of the season. If Boyle could be competitive, IMO he would be seeing the sideline. I remember how he had committed to BC and then was notified by new coach Addazio that he wasn't going to fit in....he might not be the answer. Only the inside "eyes" know for sure and IMO, Whitmer is not the answer and neither it appears is Boyle. We have a QB read option QB in scout team QB (Shirreffs) transfer sitting out the year. Maybe, jus maybe it's time to scrap the "slow" methodical and boring to go with an uptempo read option with Foxx. We have a greater danger inherent with the all this Bee $hhhhugar-the loss of season ticket holders and the fanbase.

Reaction Score
I hear ya, but the argument here is Foxx Wildcat offense vs. Whitmer Turnover offense. Either way, we aren't winning many games this season. If the goal is to keep Boyle concussion-less by season's end, then we can't play him behind our POS offensive line. Might as well put a guy out there that might be able to make a few unblocked defenders miss.

Wouldn't this same OL be here next year minus Mateus? Boyle isn't going to be able to do too much next year either.

Reaction Score
Truth be told I had to stop watching in the 2nd qtr to take my daughter to her volleyball game. I came home with score 36-10 and 6 min remaining.

I missed the 3rd quarter carnage.

Chin bests of game was getting more touches for Newsome (and his run) AND SEEING DESHON (WORTH STAYING)!!!

Reaction Score
We started the year with a 2 headed QB monster in CC and CW.
Maybe we should end it the same way the rest of the season ..................with Deshon sprinkled with a little Boyle in third and very,very long situations and give the clipboard to
Whitmer and say thank you-have a nice day. Boyle gets some snaps, the offense gets quicker and little less unpredictable, take the ball out of Whitmer's hands, less pressure on the OL with Deshon, better playmaker in Deshon.......just sayin'....

Dooley

Reaction Score
Wouldn't this same OL be here next year minus Mateus? Boyle isn't going to be able to do too much next year either.

I think (and I have no idea) that the coaching staff is hoping that another year of S&C and coaching will improve the OL enough. But yeah, it would be the same players for the most part.

Reaction Score
New potential wrinkle in UConn's offense
http://runwayramblings.blogspot.com/2014/09/new-potential-wrinkle-in-uconns-offense.html

>>Diaco made it clear after the Temple game that not only is Foxx viewed as a potential option at quarterback, but he will not just be a running threat if called upon again in live game action.

"Foxx is a quarterback," Diaco said. "He can throw too, he can throw down the field. He can throw the intermediate (routes), he can throw the ball shallow, he can move with the ball and throw on the run and we have a whole package of plays for him, runs and passes."

A trace of a smile came across Foxx's face when he was asked if he could throw the ball down the field. "I can do a little something, maybe one day we will see," Foxx said.If nothing else, that final drive enabled UConn to finish a game with more than 100 rushing yards for the first time this season.<<

Dooley

Reaction Score
New potential wrinkle in UConn's offense
http://runwayramblings.blogspot.com/2014/09/new-potential-wrinkle-in-uconns-offense.html

>>Diaco made it clear after the Temple game that not only is Foxx viewed as a potential option at quarterback, but he will not just be a running threat if called upon again in live game action.

"Foxx is a quarterback," Diaco said. "He can throw too, he can throw down the field. He can throw the intermediate (routes), he can throw the ball shallow, he can move with the ball and throw on the run and we have a whole package of plays for him, runs and passes."

A trace of a smile came across Foxx's face when he was asked if he could throw the ball down the field. "I can do a little something, maybe one day we will see," Foxx said.If nothing else, that final drive enabled UConn to finish a game with more than 100 rushing yards for the first time this season.<<

I love it. Hand Whitmer a headset, visor and a clipboard and put in Foxx as a read-option QB. Quicken the tempo on offense to keep opposing defenses off balance. Foxx, very literally, can not do any worse than how the offense has performed under Whitmer. If the coaches don't think Boyle is ready or they are timid to put him behind our swiss cheese OL, then we need to move the pocket and be a run first type of offense. Instead of 0-1 yards up the middle and a cloud of dust, we might actually be able to run the football if there are multiple guys in our backfield that can move. Foxx can move. Put Newsome and Johnson back there with him and when the defense leaves Davis all alone to stuff the run, quick slant it to him for big gains.

Reaction Score
Well we may not surprise them but now Tulane has to prepare for two looks from us on offense. We have enough receivers to take Foxx's place there and someone else should be returning punts next game. A two headed QB system with Foxx and Boyle may be the answer against Tulane. Can't run the same old outdated stuff though as we don't get a #1 draft choice for last place.

Reaction Score
"Foxx is a quarterback," Diaco said.

That is hysterically funny.

It has also been confirmed that Geremy Davis will be piloting the team to New Orleans.

Don't get me wrong, I want to see more of Foxx behind center, but for Diaco to say he is a QB as if he has always been a QB is LOL funny.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mollykate