Official No One Started a Game Thread Thread | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Official No One Started a Game Thread Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I can't believe how many times we've gone under screens or just let one simple pass lead to a wide open 3. The last 3 halves have been the worst defensive effort I've ever seen a Uconn team give. One of the announcers said Gonzaga was putting on a clinic, but I think coaches can teach kids more by having them focus on Uconn and saying this is what you don't do.

UConn_Top_Dog

"Your school wins games... WE WIN CHAMPIONSHIPS!"
Reaction Score
We need to get physical and out tough them and knock them on their a $$ . Drive the ball in and get fouled. Elbow them in the face.

Reaction Score
Gotta stop with blaming Ollie. He can't help the fact that the guards are walking out to the three point line. He can't help hay we've left 10 points at the rim. He can't help that our guys aren't switching or closing out their guys quickly. The team looks lazy on the defensive end and isn't finishing at the rim. Idk if they're tired or what but Hamilton purvis are really the only ones with any energy
Hamilton maybe playing with energy on the offensive end but certainly not on the defensive end, he refuses to close out on shooters.

Reaction Score
I don't think we should ever come back to this tournament. It preceded a really bad 2012 year

Reaction Score
The zone looked better than our man to man - just need to keep an eye on Wielter. Our man to man is a mess right now - go back to zone

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
Hamilton maybe playing with energy on the offensive end but certainly not on the defensive end, he refuses to close out on shooters.
Yeah agreed. Gibbs too and it puts our bigs in such a bad spot

Dove

Part of the 2%, but 100% wood.
Reaction Score
Off to Haddam Meadows for some serious dog walkin'. Catch 2nd half tonight...maybe.

Reaction Score
Good lord.

Well it's early but same crap as last year.

What he hell happened to Gibbs? He's been terrible ever since the 10 min mark in the first half yesterday.

Purvis looks the same in the two games against real competition. He avoids contact as if it's going to happen and then misses when there is no contact.

Miller is a terrible defender for someone who, ya know, is supposed to be a lockdown defender. He doesn't rebound either. A whopping zero today.

And can KO run a damn offense? Our offense is a joke. What does he say "ok guys stand around still and pass it back and forth and then take a terrible shot with no time on the clock". I mean seriously our offensive movement is a joke. Do we ever call a play? Or run a set?

We have much better players this year and it's the same pathetic offense. Team has no energy. KO is a god on here and I love him but he deserves to get crushed for back to back pathetic performances.

Call me a troll for all the negative. But there wasn't a single positive in that half besides two min from Enoch. This is just sad

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
One player needs to say I'm running the show its my team. I think Hamilton should be that guy

Reaction Score
UConnSwag11 said:
Gotta stop with blaming Ollie. He can't help the fact that the guards are walking out to the three point line. He can't help hay we've left 10 points at the rim. He can't help that our guys aren't switching or closing out their guys quickly. The team looks lazy on the defensive end and isn't finishing at the rim. Idk if they're tired or what but Hamilton purvis are really the only ones with any energy

Hilarious. I suppose the staff should just play 18 during the game then.

Reaction Score
We need a miracle at this point to win the game. I'm hoping for some cohesion on offense and better d. Then back to the lab in storrs.

Reaction Score
I don't even care about a win today...I just want to see the team come out and win this half, both in level of play and the score. This is an early season gut check and I hope they don't just mail it in.

pnow15

Previously pnete
Reaction Score
Gibbs and Purvis may not be compatible playing on the court together.
DHam needs to run the offense and then try Adams.

Reaction Score
This is a very poor showing for KO. I'm not sure what he's telling the team, but they don't seem to be listening. Very 1 on 1.

Reaction Score
That last Gibbs three attempt was complete idiocy. A good possession there and you can start making Gonzaga sweat a little, instead it's an absolute waste.

Reaction Score
1.) The size difference between these two teams is almost ludicrous. I get smaller, athletic but we're getting out muscled at every position. One team looks like a Division-I basketball team, the other looks like a high school AAU squad.

2.) This offense is trash. 1050% on the coaching staff. Because they just keep trotting it out there. Is he lighting these guys up on the bench? Is he benching guys who don't want to listen? There's no execution, no ball movement, nothing. It's *literally* not even an offense. Just constant dribbling, lazy shooting - botching wide open looks.

Reaction Score
Good sequence there. Nice to see Gonzaga getting called for some fouls down low.

MASSconn

Pretentious CR Critic
Reaction Score
Get Gibbs off the floor. I don't like him

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads