Official let's judge Whitmer by his garbage time TD thread | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Official let's judge Whitmer by his garbage time TD thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

jbdphi

Aussie Aussie Aussie!
Reaction Score
Since we're going to hear about his great TD drive, let's get it out of the way.

We didn't lose because Diaco kept Whitmer on a short lease. It wasn't the weather. A garbage time TD against a prevent defense doesn't show his potential.

It's well past time to time to move on. Whitmer simply does not have the talent or moxie to lead this football team. He has been given chance after chance, even handed the ball at the 19 yard line.

If we win any game he starts, it will be a major upset. The only real question is what on earth does Diaco see in Chandler?

The irony of this post is that I haven't seen a single person praise Whitmer for the last drive. In fact, all I've heard is complaints about why we didn't open it up prior to that.

Of course, a few people actually understand that at he end of a game like that when you have a multiple score lead, you don't usually pressure the passer, you drop a bunch of guys into coverage and you try to "prevent" the big play.

Fact is, both Whitmers performance at USF and Boyle's stats against BSU are massive incompletes because they weren't given a chance to pass when it counted.

Reaction Score
I really do not like Whitmer, but respect him if he continues to play behind this o line and get destroyed by us fans when he has no future in football and this team is in rebuild mode. He must love the game and university to go out there and get humiliated, so for that I respect him.

Reaction Score
I really do not like Whitmer, but respect him if he continues to play behind this o line and get destroyed by us fans when he has no future in football and this team is in rebuild mode. He must love the game and university to go out there and get humiliated, so for that I respect him.
What you described is a competitor bro. If you played sports, you must have never played on a team that sucks. I did, and it may me go HAM. I remember splitting Ansonia's Steve Coughlin (who went on to Stanford) chin strap when I put the crown of my helmet into his chin as he released the ball and standing over him as he moaned. They destroyed us that day but he knew who I was when were shook hands afterwards. I remember butting heads all day and earning the respect of Crosby linebacker Tony Ortiz (he went to Nebraska and started). When you're terrible, if you're competitive you go harder. That is what I see in Whitmer. Most talented? No, but he puts it on the line every week knowing he is going to take a pounding and no I'm sure he doesn't look at it as being humiliated. Glad you respect him. He is not my favorite either as a player, but the kid, pound for pound maybe one of the toughest we have had at UConn.

Reaction Score
It starts with the offensive line. And the line is exactly that offensive....to their own QB. They can't block anyone!!! So bad. Can't pass block, so they run, the defense doesn't need to worry about the pass so they stack for the run. The offense can't do anything.

Boyle would only be running for his life like Whitmer. The game the other night was brutal to watch and I am still drying out from all the rain.

Reaction Score
What you described is a competitor bro. If you played sports, you must have never played on a team that sucks. I did, and it may me go HAM. I remember splitting Ansonia's Steve Coughlin (who went on to Stanford) chin strap when I put the crown of my helmet into his chin as he released the ball and standing over him as he moaned. They destroyed us that day but he knew who I was when were shook hands afterwards. I remember butting heads all day and earning the respect of Crosby linebacker Tony Ortiz (he went to Nebraska and started). When you're terrible, if you're competitive you go harder. That is what I see in Whitmer. Most talented? No, but he puts it on the line every week knowing he is going to take a pounding and no I'm sure he doesn't look at it as being humiliated. Glad you respect him. He is not my favorite either as a player, but the kid, pound for pound maybe one of the toughest we have had at UConn.

Well stated. He does have some traits that one won't find on the stat sheet. Kid doesn't give in. I'd be in a wheelchair by now playing behind that line.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mollykate

Top Bottom