Official let's judge Whitmer by his garbage time TD thread | The Boneyard

Official let's judge Whitmer by his garbage time TD thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Since we're going to hear about his great TD drive, let's get it out of the way.

We didn't lose because Diaco kept Whitmer on a short lease. It wasn't the weather. A garbage time TD against a prevent defense doesn't show his potential.

It's well past time to time to move on. Whitmer simply does not have the talent or moxie to lead this football team. He has been given chance after chance, even handed the ball at the 19 yard line.

If we win any game he starts, it will be a major upset. The only real question is what on earth does Diaco see in Chandler?

Reaction Score
I've never been a big Whitmer supporter, but he looked serviceable against BSU. Last night was just terrible and the early fumble set it off. Any fear he had about handling a wet football manifested itself immediately and it was all downhill from there. I think it's rather obvious Boyle needs to start, but fears of him getting injured are totally legit. If Diaco is afraid to play him because the OL is so bad, he should just tell us. It would save everyone a lot breath.

Reaction Score
husky91 said:
Whitmer might be worse than Lorenzen, it's close.

Lorenzen could run for his life, he would be better with this OL. However, it was painful to watch him throw the ball.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I've never been a big Whitmer supporter, but he looked serviceable against BSU. Last night was just terrible and the early fumble set it off. Any fear he had about handling a wet football manifested itself immediately and it was all downhill from there. I think it's rather obvious Boyle needs to start, but fears of him getting injured are totally legit. If Diaco is afraid to play him because the OL is so bad, he should just tell us. It would save everyone a lot breath.
I'm ready to see more of Boyle, but I can't blame Chandler for losing ball after getting drilled from the blindside in a monsoon.

Reaction Score
Look, I didn't think it should have even been a debate between Casey and Whitmer. That ship has sailed and Boyle wasn't available last night.

Chandler got blindsided and fumbled on his first drop back last night. Similar to the Newsome fumble last week, that wasn't his fault. Now we were 2-6, passing with under three minutes left to play. That is not Whitmer's fault, that was a coaching decision. He threw to pretty passes on the Garbage TD drive one to Foxx, one to Davis, and another that Abrams dropped.

Reaction Score
Why do I get the nauseas feeling that Coach D.'s game plan is to make the team look so inept for recruiting purposes? Then he can walk into a talented kid's home proclaiming that, if the kid signs with the Huskies, he is almost guaranteed to start next season.:confused:

Reaction Score
Look, I didn't think it should have even been a debate between Casey and Whitmer. That ship has sailed and Boyle wasn't available last night.

Chandler got blindsided and fumbled on his first drop back last night. Similar to the Newsome fumble last week, that wasn't his fault. Now we were 2-6, passing with under three minutes left to play. That is not Whitmer's fault, that was a coaching decision. He threw to pretty passes on the Garbage TD drive one to Foxx, one to Davis, and another that Abrams dropped.

Whitmer doesn't put points on the board. The offense doesn't score when he QBs.

On the blind side hit, he was completely unaware, he never looked left although the blitzer lined up on the line. Bad pre-snap read, poor pocket awareness. He contributes to his own demise.

Reaction Score
Lorenzen could run for his life, he would be better with this OL. However, it was painful to watch him throw the ball.

literally hurt me to watch him throw.....his mechanics were so bad I thought he was hurting himself when he threw....

Reaction Score
Whitmer doesn't put points on the board. The offense doesn't score when he QBs.

On the blind side hit, he was completely unaware, he never looked left although the blitzer lined up on the line. Bad pre-snap read, poor pocket awareness. He contributes to his own demise.
That offensive game plan wasn't meant to put up points. Like I said, I thought Diaco was smoking crack when he implied there was very little difference between Casey and Chandler but that debate no longer matters. Boyle couldn't go last night or didn't go or who knows, but when you're QB is only allowed to attempt 5 passes, in road game that isn't a hostile environment, I can't take issue with the kid. Last night was about the coaching plain and simple.

Reaction Score
Whitmer and DeLorenzo as your primary offensive players will beat next to no one. Diaco has zero confidence in Whitmer, his game plan and play calling is an indication of that.

If people believe Whitmer is the reason we lost last night, I'm not quite sure what to say. Alternatively, who would you have played instead?

Reaction Score
Some of you (Palatine etc) are narcissistic Drama characters. I'm not sure why this is a debate. I can't think of how Whitmer could have impacted this game much. Ok ... Poor pre-snap read: he has what option?

It's all very disappointing. But it starts with as green an OLine as we've had since out pre FBS/D1 era.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
Why do I get the nauseas feeling that Coach D.'s game plan is to make the team look so inept for recruiting purposes? Then he can walk into a talented kid's home proclaiming that, if the kid signs with the Huskies, he is almost guaranteed to start next season.:confused:
Lol! If he thinks that would work he's in for a shock when said recruits laugh in his face and ask why they'd want to play for a program that's shown nothing but ineptness in the past (assuming we go with a losing record this year) 4 years. I'm actually very concerned that this poor season may hurt our recruiting even more then the previous 3 years. A lot of shine will be off the new head coach if we go 2-10 or 3-9.

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
Hahaha, well played Pal. (Well, it would be if anyone actually was praising his garbage time drive). As I've said before I think we will move on to Boyle at some point. It would be nice if the OL can somehow approach competancy otherwise whoever is the QB will have a negligible shot at success, and would possibly be at a significant risk of major injury.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Whitmer exceeded Boyles season stats last night. Think about that next time anyone wants to speculate how much better this team would be with a different QB. All it would be is a fresh set of ribs to get pounded.

Reaction Score
Whitmer exceeded Boyles season stats last night. Think about that next time anyone wants to speculate how much better this team would be with a different QB. All it would be is a fresh set of ribs to get pounded.

And you think tat is relevant? When Boyle is 6-4 and can see over the line and has talent Whitmer could only dream about.

Boyle won't get better on the bench.

Whitmer won't get better, period.

Reaction Score
Agree, why is Whitmer playing?

And you think tat is relevant? When Boyle is 6-4 and can see over the line and has talent Whitmer could only dream about.

Boyle won't get better on the bench.

Whitmer won't get better, period.

Reaction Score

The stat comment is ridiculous since Boyle has barely played (he did throw two TD's that were dropped)

How do you know Boyle hasn't improved in his second year? For evaluation purposes Boyle has attempted nine passes this season and has completed 8 with two TD's.

I do agree the coaches are protecting him because he is their meal ticket for the next two years, but it would be wise to put him in at some point since they have already burned his redshirt again.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Kid is still an unknown, but will get the tar beat out of him and won't win us any more games this season than the kid playing. I'll say this for Diaco. His multiple QB plan is making more and more sense. Too bad we don't have capable backup linemen to debate.

It's amazing that the one kid out there "playing every play" gets the most grief. The beatings he is taking are worthy of an NFL suspension.

Reaction Score
Just wish we had a coach that can straighten Boyle out... we need a QB that can create something out of nothing. Boyle has the physical ability to do so, Whitmer does not...

Bonehead

'Ollie North of the Cesspool'
Reaction Score
The stat comment is ridiculous since Boyle has barely played (he did throw two TD's that were dropped)

How do you know Boyle hasn't improved in his second year? For evaluation purposes Boyle has attempted nine passes this season and has completed 8 with two TD's.

I do agree the coaches are protecting him because he is their meal ticket for the next two years, but it would be wise to put him in at some point since they have already burned his redshirt again.
2nd time in a week a BY poster has created a new stat. Boyle has thrown 2 TD passes that were dropped! Classic homerism. Last time I checked the ball would need to be caught for. TD pass - but hey don't let facts get in the way of a good story.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mollykate

Top Bottom