Official Julienne the Carrot Thread | Page 9 | The Boneyard

Official Julienne the Carrot Thread

Reaction Score
I like playing Cobb and Carlton together. It's more like a normal basketball team. A center and power forward, imagine that!

Put Larrier or Polley at the small forward.

Vital at the shooting guard and Adams/Anderson at the PG.

It's like a real basketball team. A team where players have positions.

Reaction Score
Seth was talking about recruiting to the AAC. That excuse is ridiculous as well. Cinci has to deal with the same competition as well as Houston
He was talking about how uconn may need to adjust where they are recruiting. A lot of northeast kids might not want to play for a school that only plays half of it's games anywhere close to the northeast. Cinci isn't in the northeast so has nothing to do with what he was saying. Is it that hard to comprehend?

SwingDog

"THIS is the life you have"
Reaction Score
The Huskies looked like they could possibly hang around for a while and maybe make a run until about 5-7 minutes into the second half when it looked like the Bearcats had worn them down. From then on they looked beaten and broken, no fight, no grit. Blow-by layups and open threes for Cincy with UConn either slow or absent on defensive assignments. Game over at that point.

Footnote: Cincy with 23 points off turnovers while UConn only 3 points.

Reaction Score
After 40+ years of being a fan and 35 as a season ticket holder I habe a right to my opinion and dont need crap from you for voicing it.
You’ve been a season ticket holder for too long to be Ollie’s Mom, why do you want to give him a lifetime contract?

Reaction Score
29% from the field, 27% from 3. Consistency if nothing else.

Reaction Score
That could have been a lot worse. Did Gary Clark even play in the 2nd half? Cincy's bench may have had more minutes than their starters.

Reaction Score
He was talking about how uconn may need to adjust where they are recruiting. A lot of northeast kids might not want to play for a school that only plays half of it's games anywhere close to the northeast. Cinci isn't in the northeast so has nothing to do with what he was saying. Is it that hard to comprehend?
That was the save KO’s job portion of the broadcast. As predictable as the commercial timeouts.

Reaction Score

It's a silly argument.

If a kid from the northeast wants to play way more than half his games in the northeast, then he has to go to a low-mid major program. If playing at home was so important, they wouldn't choose a school where they hardly ever play in the northeast. LSU for example. If you're from New Haven, and playing in front of family in friends is that important, you aren't going to go to Louisiana.

Kentucky; Louisville, Arizona Sstate, Nebraska, Va Tech, St. Louis and Davidson all pulled in a top 10 recruit from New England schools.

If playing in the northeast was so important, why go so far away? Surely 14-16 home games is better than zero?

"You know coach, I'd pick UConn but I really wanted my family in Boston to be able to come see me play, so I'm cutting my list down to St. Louis, Nebraska, and Arizona St."

New England Class of 2017 |

Reaction Score
It's a silly argument.

If a kid from the northeast wants to play way more than half his games in the northeast, then he has to go to a low-mid major program. If playing at home was so important, they wouldn't choose a school where they hardly ever play in the northeast. LSU for example. If you're from New Haven, and playing in front of family in friends is that important, you aren't going to go to Louisiana.

Kentucky; Louisville, Arizona Sstate, Nebraska, Va Tech, St. Louis and Davidson all pulled in a top 10 recruit from New England schools.

If playing in the northeast was so important, why go so far away? Surely 14-16 home games is better than zero?

"You know coach, I'd pick UConn but I really wanted my family in Boston to be able to come see me play, so I'm cutting my list down to St. Louis, Nebraska, and Arizona St."

That list is just painful. Waters may or may not be a part but we whiffed on Diallo and dropped the ball on MAL.

Who missed on them? Maybe Ollie?

And retention?

Please stop apologists.

Reaction Score
It's a silly argument.

I didn't say whether or not I agreed with him. I said as far as his argument was concerned the same old "look at cinci and wsu and smu" argument does not apply.

And just to clarify, because Tremont Waters didn't care about where he would be playing his games geographically, it's not possible that other kids might?

Before you answer I can say with 100% certainty that is not true because there is at least one kid I know that weighed that into where they ended up going to school...

Reaction Score
I didn't say whether or not I agreed with him. I said as far as his argument was concerned the same old "look at cinci and wsu and smu" argument does not apply.

And just to clarify, because Tremont Waters didn't care about where he would be playing his games geographically, it's not possible that other kids might?

Before you answer I can say with 100% certainty that is not true because there is at least one kid I know that weighed that into where they ended up going to school...

I didn’t say you agreed with him. I didn’t say anything about you. I said the argument is silly. And you just agreed with it.

Of course other kids might. But if it was extremely important, they’d stay home instead of cutting their nose off to spite their face.

tenor.gif

Edit:
BTW, that kid is either an idiot, or is lying to you about how important it was for him to play close to home.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I didn’t say you agreed with him. I didn’t say anything about you. I said the argument is silly. And you just agreed with it.

Of course other kids might. But if it was extremely important, they’d stay home instead of cutting their nose off to spite their face.

tenor.gif
I guess you're right, I have no idea what the hell you are trying to say.

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
You know who we could really use right now? Tremont Waters. And he wanted to come here. He was a Uconn kid.

Reaction Score
Every dog has its day. .500 Oregon St. is giving Zona all they can handle. Indeed, every dog, 'cept Uconn over the past 2 years.

Reaction Score
I guess you're right, I have no idea what the hell you are trying to say.
You're arguing that a kid who could play half his games in front of family and friends but the rest pretty far from home, chose to play all of his games pretty far from home, because half just wasn't enough.

Try this analogy. You're sitting outside blaze pizza starving, and you really want a pizza. You could go have Arby's, or Panera, or Five Guys, or Chik Fil A. Or maybe even Ruth's Chris, or Morton's, or J. Gilbert's. And there are people there waiting to give you something off the menu for free. You just can't have pizza.

But you really want pizza. You don't just want pizza, you want the whole pie. It's important to you. You dreamed for years of having that whole pie to yourself. You want the whole pizza like that drunk kid wanted jalapeno bacon, mac and cheese.

So I offer you half of my pizza. Only half. That's the deal. You can have any pizza you want, as long as it's a half.

Do you take it? Or do you say "nah, keep your pizza, i want the whole thing or nothing at all."

Seth's argument is if guys can't have the whole pizza, then they don't want any pizza at all.

It's a dumb argument.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
What does that have anythimg to do with the fact that the guy totally missed the point of what greenberg was saying? You twit

I didn't miss the point. There are plenty of strong teams outside the P5. UConn is in the most densely populated part of the country - there is absolutely no reason for us not to be respectable

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom