Official Heckle The Hawks Game Thread | Page 21 | The Boneyard

Official Heckle The Hawks Game Thread

Reaction Score
Wouldn't surprise me if Monmouth ends up winning the MAC and is a tourney team. The Columbia game was inexcusable, this was a gritty win, down one of our best guards whilst playing injured. I refuse to making any rash opinions about this team until we're at least half way through the season.
OMG! It was Monmouth. Monmouth. Even if they win the MAAC they will be a 15-16 seed. Not a 2. UConn wouldn’t recruit a single player on that team never mind would one start for us.

So now the standard is we should be happy to beat any tourney team, even ones who get there by winning 1 bid conference tournies. There was a time when if you said well they will be a tournament team as an excuse people would think you were nuts. Now it is an acceptable excuse. Wow!

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score
I think we shud be focusing more on Taylor Rooks’ sweater and less on Ollie’s coaching. I was close to the court tonight and I can finally see what all the fuss has been about. Damn!!
I was sold after not knowing who she was and then Googling "Taylor Rooks" images. Damn!!! As Sir Mix-a-lot said, "Even white boys gotta shout!"

Reaction Score
OMG! It was Monmouth. Monmouth. Even if they win the MAAC they will be a 15-16 seed. Not a 2. UConn wouldn’t recruit a single player on that team never mind would one start for us.

So now the standard is we should be happy to beat any tourney team, even ones who get there by winning 1 bid conference tournies. There was a time when if you said well they will be a tournament team as an excuse people would think you were nuts. Now it is an acceptable excuse. Wow!
Maybe they should have recruited a few.

Reaction Score
do we have to get creepy about Taylor Rooks every time someone mentions her name? We get it, she's hot

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score
do we have to get creepy about Taylor Rooks every time someone mentions her name? We get it, she's hot
Do people have to mention her name? Is she relevant to the game? Her only relevance is her hotness so it's fair game.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score

That Seabourne kid would be our best shooter. And would definitely start at the 2.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
Team gets more valuable experience, grows a little more and wins

And the crybabies still get to cry

Win win for everybody, whoop whoop whoop

Reaction Score
Team gets more valuable experience, grows a little more and wins

And the crybabies still get to cry

Win win for everybody, whoop whoop whoop
If we win like this against good teams but unfortunately we are grinding out wins against bad to mediocre teams and the better ones are crushing us. It doesn't bode well for the rest of the season. I mean have you seen our offense? It is Jalen and not much else.

Last edited:

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
If we win like this against good teams but unfortunately we are grinding out winds against bad to mediocre teams and the better ones are crushing us. It doesn't bode well for the rest of the season. I mean have you seen our offense? It is Jalen and not much else.

I concur, we're not playing great basketball right now. I'm just saying give a team with only two returning players a chance to jell. Give the players time to adjust to one another, another level, new coaches, another system......................................

I trust they will be playing consistently better in January, and we'll have glimpses of potential until then

Reaction Score
I concur, we're not playing great basketball right now. I'm just saying give a team with only two returning players a chance to jell. Give the players time to adjust to one another, another level, new coaches, another system........

I trust they will be playing consistently better in January, and we'll have glimpses of potential until then
For that to happen we need to see the Terry Larrier from the first game against Colgate and not the one that vanishes for long stretches of games. He is the key for us being good the rest of the season. Wish he look for more points from the free throw line down then trying to create offense from the 3 point circle.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
It's like you don't know us at all.

I think the Taylor Rooks game day pictures threads are powerful mojo. The lack of them is likely the biggest reason why the team hasn't hit its stride yet.

Reaction Score
It's like you don't know us at all.

I think the Taylor Rooks game day pictures threads are powerful mojo. The lack of them is likely the biggest reason why the team hasn't hit its stride yet.

And when is SNY going to realize what they are missing on her in-game interviews? I mean the neck up shots only? She's an attractive lady but they're missing big time areas of interest by not going to full screen updates.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
And when is SNY going to realize what they are missing on her in-game interviews? I mean the neck up shots only? She's an attractive lady but they're missing big time areas of interest by not going to full screen updates.
The broadcast would not be hurt by more TR screen time.

Reaction Score
The broadcast would not be hurt by more TR screen time.
I suspect she's on an upward career trajectory and won't be around long, might as well maximize her time with SNY and appreciate her while she's around.

Reaction Score
Can’t say how I know, but a reasonable source told me something I think is borderline hilarious. That JC is so unhappy with the team play that he’d honestly would consider coming back. If that’s guilt or something I don’t know. Whatever happens with KO, going back to Calhoun would be a really bad idea. If we can’t attract young talent, we are in worse trouble than I think. It’s one thing to recycle Edsall who is 50something, but not a 74 year old. For the record, I’m 72. Still holding out hope this year.
That is the kind of thing that seems super appealing at first, but the more you think about it, the more issues you find with the idea. JC is a legend, most fans adore him, flaws and all. But I feel like that would be a temporary band aid. We might see immediate results for the few years that would last, but then what? Like you said, he is 74, it would not last long. What would be the plan after his second departure? Of course, this is all hypothetical and extremely unlikely. If he were to come back, in that unlikely scenario, the best role would be more of a co-coach with a younger, inexperienced coach with potential in waiting. Like, imagine Brad Stevens when he got his start, some kind of diamond in the rough type like that (and of course now he is killing it with the Celtics).

Reaction Score
I see Jim Calhoun return as a good thing. First, it may help in retaining the new recruits and prevent existing players from transferring out. After all, who doesn’t want to play for Hall of Fame coach, even if it’s just a couple years. Larry Brown did great things for SMU in his short stint. Second, it would give the administration some time to seek out a good replacement without having to make a knee-jerk reaction on quick hire. Third, it would Provide some measure of maintaining or even increasing player development during that interim period. Anyway, if Kevin Ollie is out after the year, I think having the steady hand and cache of JC can only be a positive. Of course it’s not intended to be a long-term solution but a potential program saving redo.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom