Official Columbia Game Thread | Page 22 | The Boneyard

Official Columbia Game Thread

Reaction Score
"This is a great win for our university" ... Wtf
KO knows he is on the hot seat. Any win is a great win for him. Of course since he is at UCONN it also a great win for UCONN since he can prolong this futility for a little longer. LOL!

Reaction Score
They can't play organized basketball. Why don't they just take advantage of their athleticism and run and gun and press all game?

Completely agree. That’s how Calhoun made his living in the early years.

Reaction Score
Without Bagley, this Dook team would not be that good. It show how one recruit can make such a huge difference

Reaction Score
The AAC and Mountain West should get together and put together a challenge similar to the ACC/B1G and SEC/B12.

Reaction Score
does that really needs quotes? lol
Check an earlier post of mine I predicted KO's first words in the post game despite the embarrassingly close win would be "Im very proud of our guys"

temery

What?
Reaction Score
CALLED IT! "Very Proud of the guys"

He’s right. When the game was on the line, they didn’t give up, and won. There’s a lot of fair criticism to be handed out, but mocking Ollie’s quote isn’t even close to fair.

Reaction Score
He’s right. When the game was on the line, they didn’t give up, and won. There’s a lot of fair criticism to be handed out, but mocking Ollie’s quote isn’t even close to fair.
I wasn't really mocking his quote I just wanted to point out that my prediction came true. I agree with you, I am proud that they came back and avoided embarrassment but absolutely not proud that we almost lost

Reaction Score
KO is right, the team did fight to get back into the game and eventually won it. The bottom line is the team just isn’t that talented. We don’t have any big men who can play with their back to the basket and are actually a scoring threat. TL can not create his own shot because he is not a good ball handler. He also is a liability on defense. We also don’t have a consistent outside shooter. Vital and Adams are hot and cold. I just think we have a team of one-dimensional players who would be good role players but aren’t good enough to he prime time players. Hopefully the new assistant coach, who is also supposedly a good recruiter, will start bringing in players to fill in the holes in the lineup.

Reaction Score
Sorry but you send the wrong message when you say that to a team that lost to Columbia for 39 minutes and looked as bad as they did while doing it. They shouldn't have been in a position to "not give up". The fact that they were outweighs the fact that they didn't.

temery

What?
Reaction Score
Sorry but you send the wrong message when you say that to a team that lost to Columbia for 39 minutes and looked as bad as they did while doing it. They shouldn't have been in a position to "not give up". The fact that they were outweighs the fact that they didn't.

It’s exactly the right message to send, unless you were hoping for a loss. There’s more than enough to criticize, acknowledging that they didn’t give up when the game was on the line, isn’t one of them.

SwingDog

"THIS is the life you have"
Reaction Score
Jesus. Got lucky there. Missed a bunny and they missed the foul.

Gotta watch the corner 3 here.
"Jesus." Got lucky there???

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak