Official Cinci Semi Game Thread | Page 8 | The Boneyard

Official Cinci Semi Game Thread

H

huskymagic

Even without Adams the team shouldn't look so bad with guys forcing shots and playing without any semblance of offense or strategy.

Jalen needs to be smarter and not pick up stupid fouls 30 feet out. We need him for 40 minutes. Keep it at 10 or 12 points and we have a chance with Jalen and Amida

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
Have you seen what has happened since Adam's left? I'd be tempted to play him with 3..
We were down 7 at half and looked horrible against Duke in 2004, but you can't risk it. It's coaching 101.

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
Bazz had some serious struggles. Lamb had a major cold streak that he miraculously snapped out of in March.
Yet those guys could contribute on a competitive team beating the best in the country without the need for a sacrificed season for them to "develop" into guys who make shots they need to.

Pre- vs post-Big East UConn in a nutshell

Reaction Score
Yet those guys could contribute on a competitive team beating the best in the country without the need for a sacrificed season for them to "develop" into guys who make shots they need to.

Pre- vs post-Big East UConn in a nutshell

Kemba had a "sacrifice season" prior to going on to win a National Championship. Bazz had two. Just stop.

BUConn10

Reaction Score
Scoe had some issues too.

Uconn fans have some short term memories.
Short term memories?

If Roscoe's issues you refer to were put into this current team's system and development trajectory he would have had one of his infamous full court heaves with 10 seconds left in play in a tie game, every single game.

Reaction Score
For those of you not watching the ESPN broadcast, Cronin interviewed going into the locker room and they asked him: "Why were you so heated toward the end of the half?"

Cronin's response "Well I thought Brimah should have been ejected for throwing a punch"...literally cannot make this crap up. Is there a more hateable coach in the country?

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
Here's how we win:

-Jalen plays 20 minutes. (He is well rested.)
-The ball NEVER, EVER, EVER, EVER runs through bigs down low
-Jalen gets into the lane and shoots or kicks
-RP goes nuts
-CV and/or VJ hit their open shots

I'm not counting on our bigs doing anything, because they can't. AB needs to stay on the court for us defensively because Enoch has been so bad it hurts my eyes to watch.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
We were down 7 at half and looked horrible against Duke in 2004, but you can't risk it. It's coaching 101.

It's coaching 101 during the regular season with a regular roster, because you are playing the long game.

When it's a win or done, you require coaching 201, which tells you that you need to maximize your best player's playing time. In other words, if he doesn't pick up number 5 by the end of the game, then we didn't play him enough. And the score shows that to be true, since they are +10 after his third...

Reaction Score
Here's how we win:

-RP goes nuts

I'm not counting on our bigs doing anything, because they can't. AB needs to stay on the court for us defensively because Enoch has been so bad it hurts my eyes to watch.

sure would be nice if Facey could something

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
It's coaching 101 during the regular season with a regular roster, because you are playing the long game.

When it's a win or done, you require coaching 201, which tells you that you need to maximize your best player's playing time. In other words, if he doesn't pick up number 5 by the end of the game, then we didn't play him enough. And the score shows that to be true, since they are +10 after his third...

I don't agree. We beat Duke in 2004 because Coach K played Shelden Williams with 2 fouls, and JC sat Emeka with 2. Thank God Emeka never picked up #5.

BUConn10

Reaction Score
Kemba had a "sacrifice season" prior to going on to win a National Championship. Bazz had two. Just stop.
Even Kemba and Bazz aren't immune from this. I know I used the "Big east" as the cut off in my previous post but those last few years with calhoun started this trend I'm referring to as well.

Consistent power programs are exactly that, consistent. Consistent programs don't need to rely on one player every few years transcending into an all-American stud to carry a team to a title before clearing house to the draft and graduations thereby returning to a few years of chaos and unpredictability mixed with irrelevance until the next messiah appears.

How do teams like Kansas, Villanova, UNC stay at the top every year without needing 5 one and dones each class to reload? Because when one leader graduates another is ready to take over with a bunch of other good supporting guys who step up when their man in front of them in the depth chart departs. It doesn't even need to be the elite name teams to argue the point, look at West Virginia, Baylor, Virginia, Florida under Donovan, Notre Dame these guys have been literally pretty much been ranked consistently for over 5+ years now. Something we seem to have completely forgotten about that we didn't even think of say 10 years ago.

Uncertainty has been the only certainty for each year to year transition for UConn in this new era. At a time and place in the college landscape when UConn needs consistency more than it ever has, with its future growth on the line.

Last edited:

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
I don't agree. We beat Duke in 2004 because Coach K played Shelden Williams with 2 fouls, and JC sat Emeka with 2. Thank God Emeka never picked up #5.

We won because of your last line; Emeka never picked up his fifth. Jalen will be smart and he will not foul out of this game. And it is painfully obvious that we cannot function without him. He needs to continue to play until he can't play anymore...

Reaction Score
Here's how we win:

-RP goes nuts

If you could combine Brimah's defense and Enoch's offense, you might have a high-major-caliber big. Maybe.

Reaction Score
Bazz had some serious struggles. Lamb had a major cold streak that he miraculously snapped out of in March.
Bazz ran point for us a bunch of the time on a National Championship team, Lamb was one of the three best players in the entire NCAA tournament.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom