Official 2013 Junior Day Thread | The Boneyard

Official 2013 Junior Day Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
The big event in UConn football before the start of spring practice. I'm starting this thread to compile a list of attendees, news, and other stuff (i.e. tweets and social media).

I believe Junior Day will be in two weeks. The weekend of February 23-24?

Feel free to share and add info. Here is a list of prospect(s) I found so far:

Daiquan Buckley, RB, Dunmore, PA. (Per Rivals)

Reaction Score
Would love to hear the pitch to southern recruits about winter in CT not being as bad as people say while showing them the Rent with 20' high snow piles everywhere they look in the parking area.

Hopefully the just plow a path to get in and not the lots.

Reaction Score
Would expect to see the state's top talent there.....Newsome, Outlow, Phillips, etc.

Reaction Score
Would love to hear the pitch to southern recruits about winter in CT not being as bad as people say while showing them the Rent with 20' high snow piles everywhere they look in the parking area.

image.jpg

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score

i think i turn around and say, yeah we got about a foot of snow in that storm. worst snow storm since 1977 here. really rare. look at ct on a map were just south enough where we dont usually get snow. thats why ppl here drive hours north to ski. but i heard they got 3 feet up in boston and have another stom coming end off next week. they get hit hard up there every year it seems.

Reaction Score

I think that is overrated. If players want to play in warm climates, they won't even consider UCONN. I don't think it is a big issue with the recruits coming in.

Reaction Score
i think i turn around and say, yeah we got about a foot of snow in that storm. worst snow storm since 1977 here. really rare. look at ct on a map were just south enough where we dont usually get snow. thats why ppl here drive hours north to ski. but i heard they got 3 feet up in boston and have another stom coming end off next week. they get hit hard up there every year it seems.

So....you lie to them? Safe bet to lie about something that they couldn't possibly verify online...

Reaction Score
So....you lie to them? Safe bet to lie about something that they couldn't possibly verify online...

I live up in Boston. Connecticut got more snow than us last year. HFD, slippery slope, no?????

Reaction Score
To me all you have to do is tell them that it can only help your resume when NFL teams are watching you have a career have playing all kinds of tempatures and weather as opposed to the pu$$ies who only like to play in warm air.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
I live up in Boston. Connecticut got more snow than us last year. HFD, slippery slope, no?????

im sorry but if this is the worst lie we tell when recruiting kids, then hang up the jersey right now and stop playing fball. do u guys have any clue the stuff that come sout of big time coaches mouths. there is a northeasts team coach that told one of our 2013 class recruits one of my favorites yet over the summer. he said this when talking about his stadium and ours where the player was committed "you dont want to play there, trust me. the stadium may be that size but they have a state law no stadiums over that size, see they can't expand and ever get bigger. were getting bigger and better with everything in our program. they have reached max potential".

do u realize how silly of a lie that is? a state law no stadium can be bigger than 40k?!?!?!?!? lol state law? yale? just silly in so many ways. but hey, kids these days dont know a ounce about yale so it seems possible as silly as it is to us. but guess what, thats a clean lioe vs the things said on the trail.

a small lie like what i sugested doesn't even get remembered. it doesn't factor into a decision overall like a stadium size and fanbase size might if the player has bright light sysndrome. but what my lie did was deflect the obvious snow piles and possible mood killer among some recruits and mak them think how its not actually bad compared to others, so the mood and attitudes are ok from the kids. all u need is 4 one kid to mentally cross us off looking at the snow pile and then his i dont want to be here any mor attitude rubs off on another kid and it spreads. crowd control fellas.

Reaction Score
I would prefer a coach doesn't lie to a recruit. And I think recruits would appreciate it as well.

As mentioned earlier, if a kid wants to play in a warm climate, they won't even think about UCONN.

Reaction Score
im sorry but if this is the worst lie we tell when recruiting kids, then hang up the jersey right now and stop playing fball. do u guys have any clue the stuff that come sout of big time coaches mouths. there is a northeasts team coach that told one of our 2013 class recruits one of my favorites yet over the summer. he said this when talking about his stadium and ours where the player was committed "you dont want to play there, trust me. the stadium may be that size but they have a state law no stadiums over that size, see they can't expand and ever get bigger. were getting bigger and better with everything in our program. they have reached max potential".

do u realize how silly of a lie that is? a state law no stadium can be bigger than 40k?!?!?!?!? lol state law? yale? just silly in so many ways. but hey, kids these days dont know a ounce about yale so it seems possible as silly as it is to us. but guess what, thats a clean lioe vs the things said on the trail.

a small lie like what i sugested doesn't even get remembered. it doesn't factor into a decision overall like a stadium size and fanbase size might if the player has bright light sysndrome. but what my lie did was deflect the obvious snow piles and possible mood killer among some recruits and mak them think how its not actually bad compared to others, so the mood and attitudes are ok from the kids. all u need is 4 one kid to mentally cross us off looking at the snow pile and then his i dont want to be here any mor attitude rubs off on another kid and it spreads. crowd control fellas.

At the risk of sounding repetitive....you are an imbecile.

Do coaches lie? Absolutely. But you hear time and time again that players see through that and end up committing to schools where they felt they could trust the coaching staff. Thankfully you don't do any recruiting for us.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
At the risk of sounding repetitive....you are an imbecile.

Do coaches lie? Absolutely. But you hear time and time again that players see through that and end up committing to schools where they felt they could trust the coaching staff. Thankfully you don't do any recruiting for us.

i do some recruiting for uconn actually. so have faith that a 3 year old child is on the trail for uconn!!!!

im not sure if every member here went to uconn before it was for smart kids or if skulls are really just thinker in ct but this board amazes me at times. the lie i was telling wasn't a school metric or anything fball related, it was a one day small lie to keep players interest for the event. i didnt stare them in the face and say we have more history then usc and more nfl players all time then bama. its scary what peoples rainbows and unicorns are of uconn and its sports and what its up against in college sports. it really is scary.

Reaction Score
i do some recruiting for uconn actually. so have faith that a 3 year old child is on the trail for uconn!!!! Stalking players on twitter and university-sanctioned recruiting are two different things. So you know, your actions do make you a booster (contacting recruits and telling them they should attend UConn makes you such). UConn is therefore held responsible for your actions, so tread lightly.

im not sure if every member here went to uconn before it was for smart kids or if skulls are really just thinker in ct but this board amazes me at times. the lie i was telling wasn't a school metric or anything fball related, it was a one day small lie to keep players interest for the event. So as long as we lie about non-football related things, it's ok? You don't like the cold? Don't worry, the average temperature here in January is 60, this is just a very rare cold-spell. You are coming from Louisiana and love Cajun food? No problem, there are five restaurants in the area that serve gumbo so good you'd swear you were home. I don't need to tell you how ridiculous your statement is. i didnt stare them in the face and say we have more history then usc and more nfl players all time then bama. its scary what peoples rainbows and unicorns are of uconn and its sports and what its up against in college sports. it really is scary.
I live in Southern California now and am friends with former USC players who played in Pete C's powerhouse program. I understand the lies that are told during recruiting, the NCAA violations committed to woo players and the such. The topic has been covered ad nauseum to the point where a simple Google search brings up thousands of examples of these actions. What do you typically find? Eventually, the school gets caught and penalized. What you suggest in various posts would do severe damage to the program long-term. Thankfully you don't work in our athletic department. And newsflash, but we aren't a "NCAA Golden Program". While a Notre Dame or Florida (just using examples, not suggesting recruiting improprieties) may get a pass, recent history has shown us we won't.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
I live in Southern California now and am friends with former USC players who played in Pete C's powerhouse program. I understand the lies that are told during recruiting, the NCAA violations committed to woo players and the such. The topic has been covered ad nauseum to the point where a simple Google search brings up thousands of examples of these actions. What do you typically find? Eventually, the school gets caught and penalized. What you suggest in various posts would do severe damage to the program long-term. Thankfully you don't work in our athletic department. And newsflash, but we aren't a "NCAA Golden Program". While a Notre Dame or Florida (just using examples, not suggesting recruiting improprieties) may get a pass, recent history has shown us we won't.

1) when i started this whole thing, i was well aware of the ncaa issues. i didn't go to uconn. i have never bought a ticket to a game from uconn or ever bought from the bookstore etc. i did a little homework before i turned the game up a bit. i looked up some stuff and did in fact read a bit. i have a few loopholes in how i carry my uconn lifestyle. lets just pretend for a minute thats i'm not 2 and maybe a bit slicker then most here think jackass. do u like this color? i dont. i am/was the pefect person for the twitter stuff becuase of a couple things and i worked it. deal with it or stfu we are in a lot bette rpositon now then we were 2 years ago. im not claiming to land kids, what im claiming is a major differenc ein perception to recruits, other fanbases and media. when u create a pressensce, it gets answered by other media. thats what was goinjg on. its a lot more valuable then u or most here and at uconn understand and it pains me daily.

2) your taking it to far and are misreading what i was orginally talking about. i thinkt he snow will melt before sign day fwiw but iw as just answering another post. all it takes is 1 or 2 small issues and kids will get disengaed or be sour on something. i'm not telling kids this is florida and the beach is down the street. simply just keeping the attitude positive. that 5 seconds looking at a snow pile could be all thats needed to turn a kid off. if so to bad but it happens. i'm not trying to prepvent that kids decision, what im trying to prevent is it spreading. hes had enough so it wares off on his hs teammate who traveled with him on the visit etc...your taking it to far misisng the orginal angle.

3) wow your super duper connected. congrats! now tell me what we told dj orgianlly to come out here. if u answer correctly, then your whole argument sucks donkey balls.

Reaction Score
Watching you carry out your "uconn lifestyle" is high comedy.

I never claimed to be "super duper connected", just informed. I have a couple friends out here who played for Pete Carroll at USC who have shared recruiting stories, which I felt was appropriate to allude to.

Don't you have a Dunkin Donuts to be shutting down?

Reaction Score
3) wow your super duper connected. congrats! now tell me what we told dj orgianlly to come out here. if u answer correctly, then your whole argument sucks donkey balls.

DJ Hernandez? That terrible 3rd string QB we had in the aughts?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom