9/29 Buffalo - W, can't wait fro promo the robot to show his face on this board
10/6 @ Rutgers - W, just because they think they're so much better
10/13 Temple - W, I respect these guys
10/19 @ Syracuse - W, don't let them leave the BE with a win against us
11/3 @ USF - L, always tough in Tampa
11/9 Pitt - L, hope I'm wrong, just have that feeling
11/24 Louisville - W, need to find a way to win
12/1 Cincinnati - L, they will be very good this year

8-4 overall and 4-3 in the BE, which very well could be a tie for the BE title this year, nice turn around from last year with a decent bowl game.

Reaction Score
UMass, W, should be a fun and great dominating game for us, win by 17+

NC State * (toss-up), this game can go either way, which means, they blow us out or we give them a good game, I can see a loss or a win here, but I'm not sure, I want to get a W to avenge that INT return.

@Maryland W, have to keep the home crowd quiet in this game, I feel the Twerps are going to be very hot and heavy when we come to town

@ Western Michigan W, revenge game as well!

Buffalo, W, so freakin tired of playing these guys, play another worth-while team or a better MAC team like Northern Illinois or the Directional Michigans

@Rutgers *, another toss-up

Temple W, welcome back to the BE Temple, too bad your going to lose :)

@Syracuse, W, so long Cuse, I'll miss ya

@USF L, this game might be very tough and have USF very fired up to avenge those close losses, expect another close game

Pitt, L, sadly we can't give them a going away present but still good riddance

Louisville *, see USF comments

Cincy *, be very careful in this game or it's going to turn into a massive blow-out

Final comments:
Very unpredictable season that can have us going 5-7 again, 6-6 with a bowl, or a great turnaround of 8-4

I see this team going 7-5, and having some good quality wins as Coach P. shows that he's fit to be the coach here.

Reaction Score
UMass - Win. Will be relatively close early, and then we blow it open in the second half.
NCSU - Win, in a nail biter. We will get up early and hold off their late rally.
@UMd - Win. I predict we convert a lot of 3rd and longs frustrating the hell out of Terp fans.
@WMU - Win. We finally figure out how to stop that little quick hitting pass they like.
Buffalo - Win. Big. And we are in the top 25
@ Rutgers -Win. They outplay us but don't convert points, and we win close one.Top 20
Temple - Win. We pul away in 2nd half. Top 15
@SU - Win....big. Now in top 10
@USF - Loss. We get beat on a FG in final seconds. Bastards. We tumble in polls, still top 20
Pitt- Win, handily. Back in the top 15.
@UL - Win - BIG UPSET as we beat an undefeated top 5 UL on the road. We back in the top 10
Cinci - WIN for outright BE championship, top 5 ranking, and a trip to the Orange Bowl.
VT - WIN to send the ACC to yet another BCS loss and finish ranked #3 in the country.

12-1; 7-1.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Pick em, no "it's too early crap" win or lose

8/30 Umass - Win, we crush Umess
9/8 NC State - L, close game, winnable, but close
9/15 @ Maryland - W, pay a nice visit to Edsall's dream job
9/22 @ Western Mich - W, revenge is a ddish best served cold, biatch

8-4 overall and 4-3 in the BE, which very well could be a tie for the BE title this year, nice turn around from last year with a decent bowl game.

Same, except we lose to the Ville and Cincy is a toss up. Would sign for 8-5 w a bowl win right now. 9-4 might be asking too much, there are no unwinnable games. Could be a fun and surprising season.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
there are no unwinnable games.

This. Not one game we are overmatched. My hopes for this season are probably already too high but going bowling is a must.

Reaction Score
Pick em, no "it's too early crap" win or lose

8/30 Umass - Win, we crush Umess
9/8 NC State - L, close game, winnable, but close
9/15 @ Maryland - W, pay a nice visit to Edsall's dream job
9/22 @ Western Mich - W, revenge is a ddish best served cold, biatch

Very realistic, but going 1-3 over the last four games after going 7-1 is not going to leave a good feeling for anyone if that actually happens.

If we're 7-1 there is talk of BCS, Top 25 ranking, us beating Bama or LSU, and maybe even the Big10 noticing and giving us the invite...

That 1-3 stretch will include calling for PP's head, chants of 'bring back the Mac' and the usual questions of where our program is headed.

I think the mood will be one of overall disppointment if this actually happens.

Reaction Score
I say we go undefeated at home. Two road losses from RU USF or UL ( UL being most likely ). There's no reason think we can't finish in the top three of the BE.

Reaction Score
UMass - Win. Will be relatively close early, and then we blow it open in the second half.
NCSU - Win, in a nail biter. We will get up early and hold off their late rally.
@UMd - Win. I predict we convert a lot of 3rd and longs frustrating the hell out of Terp fans.
@WMU - Win. We finally figure out how to stop that little quick hitting pass they like.
@ Rutgers -Win. They outplay us but don't convert points, and we win close one.Top 20
@USF - Loss. We get beat on a FG in final seconds. Bastards. We tumble in polls, still top 20
@UL - Win - BIG UPSET as we beat an undefeated top 5 UL on the road. We back in the top 10
Cinci - WIN for outright BE championship, top 5 ranking, and a trip to the Orange Bowl.
VT - WIN to send the ACC to yet another BCS loss and finish ranked #3 in the country.

12-1; 7-1.
Are you serious? You get to the edge, just about ready to go all in, and then you out?
Go big or go home... 13-0 baby!!!

You want to run with the big dogs, better hitch your sled to the Huskies this season.

as my 5 year old says "Take that " ... trust me, it's cute...

Reaction Score

12-1; 7-1.

You got it right. Get to UL as one loss team and beat undefeated UL at their place.

Uconnalliance

Please cancel the program all hope is lost
Reaction Score
I think the O-line will surprise,Whitmer will be up there with Bridgewater in passing,McCombs continues to beat brains in and Def is the best in the Conf ,I'm goin with the majority 8-5 ,and I finally get to a bowl game.

pj

Reaction Score
UMass - Win. Easy.
NCSU - Win. A crucial game, sure to go down to the wire. A win here sets us up for a great season. A loss means the media is right and we're longshots for the league title.
@UMd - Win. The team will be up for this, and they know what to expect from a Randy Edsall QB-less team.
@WMU - Win. Just because I can't bear to project a second loss to Western Michigan. In reality I think WMU is an excellent team, the Huskies may be flat after two emotional ACC games, Kalamazoo may be a tough place to play, and this could easily become the Huskies' first loss.
Buffalo - Win. Another easy win. The offense is really starting to click now; every weapon is utilized.
@ Rutgers -Loss. Revenge game for Rutgers, and they have talent. Home field and a few interceptions from a too-cocky Whitmer decide the game.
Temple - Win. Easy.
@SU - Win. 30 point victory over a demoralized Orange team.
@USF - Loss. Can we win on the road against the top Big East teams?
Pitt- Win. We're unbeatable at home now.
@UL - Win. Last chance for an upset victory on the road. Both teams know a conference title could be on the line, as UConn is 3-2 and Louisville 4-1 conference heading into the game. The breaks fall UConn's way with a late Blidi interception, and we pull the game out.
Cinci - Win. The team has confidence, is playing for a share of the conference title, all the recruits are here, a sellout crowd cheers.

Four teams -- USF, Rutgers, Louisville, and UConn -- are tied atop the conference standings at 5-2. Pitt and Cincy are 3-4, Temple and Cuse 1-6. Who wins the tiebreaker?

In reality, I think 8-4 is the most probable outcome, with losses to USF/Rutty/Louisville and one of NCSU/WMU/Pitt/Cincy. But I don't think it would take much for us to go 10-2 as outlined.

Reaction Score
I'm going to avoid the fantasy and say 8-4. Only home loss is to NC State. I think we struggle on the road in conference play with losses at RU, USF, and Ville.

Reaction Score
As I do before every season, I will make an official prediction and an unofficial prediction.

First, my offiical prediction:
As is the case every season, I predict a win before every game, so, by inference, at the start of the season I predict that we win each and every game and then win the national championship game. 13 - 0!

Now, my unofficial prediction:
I see only 3 high probable wins in UMass, Buffalo and Maryland.
I see only 1 high probable loss at Louisville.
The rest I think are completely up in the air. And before anyone says Western Mich. or Syracuse remember those are on the road and as for Temple, let me know the last time we blew them out.

I think we split the balance and go 7-5 (4-3 or 3-4 in conference). If the OL stays very healthy and Whitmer settles in quickly this team with this schedule could be an 8 or 9 win team. Those are big ifs.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
UMass - W (we don't show a lot on O on purpose)
NCSU - Toss up (i really think both teams are top 25 material, i have to look into the match ups more, i lean W being at home)
@UMd - W (#occupybyrd)
@WMU - W
Buffalo - W
@ Rutgers -W (1st year coach, they lack O play makers, D is great but so is ours)
Temple - W (they are rebuilding now after there last few years)
@SU - W (UConn fans throw monopoly money around in the stands)
@USF - Toss up (if bj is the real deal this year its going to be tuff and this would be usf collapse time usually...)
Pitt- W (new coach and @ home)
@UL - Toss up (@ ville is going to be a tuff one and if they live up to hype then this will be for the big east ship)
Cinci - Tossu up (its hard to judge cincy, how many guys can step in for them, what will they get at qb, do they have a whitmer type like we do that's a secret somewhat to cf fans? i keep thinking anywhere between 2 and 6 in the big east. we get them at home so i lean W)

i can see 8-4 and up depending on how good we really are.

jrazz12

BEast mode
Reaction Score
UMass - W (we don't show a lot on O on purpose)
NCSU - Toss up (i really think both teams are top 25 material, i have to look into the match ups more, i lean W being at home)
@UMd - W (#occupybyrd)
@WMU - W
Buffalo - W
@ Rutgers -W (1st year coach, they lack O play makers, D is great but so is ours)
Temple - W (they are rebuilding now after there last few years)
@SU - W (UConn fans throw monopoly money around in the stands)
@USF - Toss up (if bj is the real deal this year its going to be tuff and this would be usf collapse time usually...)
Pitt- W (new coach and @ home)
@UL - Toss up (@ ville is going to be a tuff one and if they live up to hype then this will be for the big east ship)
Cinci - Tossu up (its hard to judge cincy, how many guys can step in for them, what will they get at qb, do they have a whitmer type like we do that's a secret somewhat to cf fans? i keep thinking anywhere between 2 and 6 in the big east. we get them at home so i lean W)

i can see 8-4 and up depending on how good we really are.

I think this is the most accurate so far. I honestly think 8-4 is the floor, with as high as 11-1 and a dream season. Ringing in 2013 in Miami with a blowout of Va Tech.

Reaction Score
I'm going to go out on a limb, and say we will be undefeated unless we lose. Quite the bold statement, huh?

Reaction Score
Umass- W
NC St- W
@Maryland- W
@ Western Michigan- W
Buffalo- W
@Rutgers- L
Temple- W
@Syracuse- W
@South Florida- L
Pitt- W
@Louisville- L
Cincinnati- W

9-3, the only games I really think are unwinnable are at USF and at Louisville. Anything less than 7-5 with this schedule and the talent we have on the team would be a major disappointment.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
I think you all know what I'm going to predict, but I want to show you how we get there:

UMass - W UMass feels like they are winning when they receive the ball first in the first quarter. 24 seconds later, it becomes painfully apparent that they are not.
NCSU - W Tough game. But it's tough to win at the Rent, and the 12th man really brings it. Win by 3.
@UMd - W Hi, Randy! We put the coach firmly into the fire by keeping him winless and we win the Edsall bowl by 10 on the road.
@WMU - W Payback is a bitch, which is exactly what we make WMU by winning by 17.
Buffalo - W For more on this, see UMass.
@ Rutgers -W All the notables are in attendance, from James Gandolfini to "The Situation." The only situation going on here is that UConn wins by 4...
Temple - W In honor of the late Ron Palillo, "Welcome back, Temple." UConn wins by 10.
@SU - W A parting gift of sorts. We beat Syracuse in the Carrier Dome as we say goodbye one last time. A squeaker, though, as we only win by 3.
@USF - W This game is being played late in the year, when USF is typically "hitting their stride." UConn wins by 3 for the second straight week on the road.
Pitt- W An additional parting gift for our friends from the Steel City. The Dream Season is too hot to be stopped by Pitt, as we win by 4 at home.
@UL - W The one that everyone has been waiting for, ever since UConn was 7-0. A brutal game that goes into overtime. The turning point is a Blidi Wreh-Wilson interception of "Teddy Heisman" as he was throwing to....Bryce McNeal. Seals the 3 point OT win.
Cinci - W With everything to play for, the Rent is rocking off of the foundation. A tough game that UConn squeezes out with a 1 point victory, and the state (and region) is bonkers over the Dream Season.

Unfortunately, we don't go to the National Championship game (because a 1-loss SEC team gets in above us). I'm a realist, people!! But we are invited to play against a 1-loss Virginia Tech ACC Champion. Although not nearly as impressive as last year's Big East - ACC matchup, UConn wins by a touchdown, forever changing the fortunes of UConn football and exposing the unfair nature yet again of the NCAA...

UConn 13-0

Reaction Score
We have the best defense in the league, one of the best in the country. We have shutdown corners, talented and instinctive safeties, speed and size on the DL, quality depth across the board and a great defensive coordinator. For a football fan there is nothing quite as exciting as watching a dominating defense every week.

We go undefeated at home, 4-2 on the road.

Reaction Score
I think you all know what I'm going to predict, but I want to show you how we get there:

UMass - W UMass feels like they are winning when they receive the ball first in the first quarter. 24 seconds later, it becomes painfully apparent that they are not.
NCSU - W Tough game. But it's tough to win at the Rent, and the 12th man really brings it. Win by 3.
@UMd - W Hi, Randy! We put the coach firmly into the fire by keeping him winless and we win the Edsall bowl by 10 on the road.
@WMU - W Payback is a bitch, which is exactly what we make WMU by winning by 17.
Buffalo - W For more on this, see UMass.
@ Rutgers -W All the notables are in attendance, from James Gandolfini to "The Situation." The only situation going on here is that UConn wins by 4...
Temple - W In honor of the late Ron Palillo, "Welcome back, Temple." UConn wins by 10.
@SU - W A parting gift of sorts. We beat Syracuse in the Carrier Dome as we say goodbye one last time. A squeaker, though, as we only win by 3.
@USF - W This game is being played late in the year, when USF is typically "hitting their stride." UConn wins by 3 for the second straight week on the road.
Pitt- W An additional parting gift for our friends from the Steel City. The Dream Season is too hot to be stopped by Pitt, as we win by 4 at home.
@UL - W The one that everyone has been waiting for, ever since UConn was 7-0. A brutal game that goes into overtime. The turning point is a Blidi Wreh-Wilson interception of "Teddy Heisman" as he was throwing to....Bryce McNeal. Seals the 3 point OT win.
Cinci - W With everything to play for, the Rent is rocking off of the foundation. A tough game that UConn squeezes out with a 1 point victory, and the state (and region) is bonkers over the Dream Season.

Unfortunately, we don't go to the National Championship game (because a 1-loss SEC team gets in above us). I'm a realist, people!! But we are invited to play against a 1-loss Virginia Tech ACC Champion. Although not nearly as impressive as last year's Big East - ACC matchup, UConn wins by a touchdown, forever changing the fortunes of UConn football and exposing the unfair nature yet again of the NCAA...

UConn 13-0

What he said.

UConn4ever

Devil Dog
Reaction Score
Umass- W
NC St- W
@Maryland- W
@ Western Michigan- W
Buffalo- W
@Rutgers- L
Temple- W
@Syracuse- W
@South Florida- L
Pitt- W
@Louisville- L
Cincinnati- W

I think we can win every game on the schedule except @ Louisville but im going for 9-3

uconnbaseball

Hey there
Reaction Score
UMass-W (easy win...UMass is without their #1 QB)
NCSU-L (very good team, better on both sides of the ball)
At Maryland-W (Closer than we would like, but UConn controls both LOS against a bad UMD team)
At Western Michigan-W (Not close. WMU loses their top 3 wide receivers, their QB is an INT machine, and their defense sucks. We win fairly easily)
Buffalo-W (14-17 points...Buffalo slows down McCombs again though)
At Rutgers-L (we have the coaching edge but their talent is too much)
Temple-W (close because of their running game)
At Syracuse-W (Syracuse is undersized at almost every position. Too small and weak to beat us, especially since their depth will be tested this year)
At USF-L (we usually play poorly down here. I see a double digit loss)
Pitt-W (Pitt is going to be awful this year. Horrible on both lines, bad QB, awful LB's, and a new coach. Should win going away)
At Louisville-L (closer than two years ago...maybe another 14 point game with UL scoring in the final couple of minutes)
Cincinnati-W (the only toss-up on the schedule IMO, and we get it due to home field advantage)

8-4 and a trip to a minor bowl game. Not a bad season, but some of you are overly optimistic about the talent level on this team, especially on offense. We still have issues on the OL, at WR, at RB behind McCombs, and possibly QB. The defense is good, and will improve markedly in Brown's second year, but losing Reyes and Martin hurts.

Reaction Score
Staying healthy I say 9-3 or 10-2. Losses to NC State, L'Ville and maybe USF. Rutgers is a toss but I think winds up as a W.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom