Offer the kid already....... | The Boneyard

Offer the kid already.......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Top 100 recruit Jordan Bell

The kid is begging for a ride. TOS

His game is based on timing, athleticism, and grit. Jordan is an exceptional rebounder and shot-blocker, and is a tough mismatch for opposing teams because of how well he runs the floor for a post player.

Reaction Score
I'd love to see us la
Top 100 recruit Jordan Bell

The kid is begging for a ride. TOS

I'd love to see us land this kid more than nearly everyone else. Powerforward. Big, strong, tough, and athletic. Good defensively. Sounds like a marriage made in heaven.

Dogbreath2U

RIP, DB2U
Reaction Score
He seems a little small for the PF at UConn...maybe he can be another KFree if he can build up some.

Reaction Score
odd.......Jordan hasn't had any direct contact with UConn, they have inquired a few times this summer through his AAU and high school coaches.

Mike Honcho

I've lost count of titles
Reaction Score
Recruiting is like dating. He's got a crush. UConn has to string him along a little bit or the butterflies will go away.

Reaction Score
We need a big 2013 class if this kid likes us that much hopefully he gets the ball rolling.

Reaction Score
"For the Magic, Jordan Bell played with tremendous energy and did everything he could to help the cause. The 6-foot-7 power forward is one of the class of 2013's most extreme athletes and a quick leaper who rockets off the floor to block shots and slam down putback dunks in the blink of an eye. He plays with a definite edge to him and is a high volume rebounder who has been working hard to round out his overall game."

Jeff adrian rebounding and hustle + Stanley Robinson athleticism + Thabeet blocking!

hahahaha if thats the case lets get this kid!

Reaction Score
at the same time i get a little concerned when kids say we are the top school now...i feel like some kids say we are their dream school so when we do offer they get more exposure and go off to another high major that wasnt looking at him before until uconn offered.

Reaction Score
you cant teach hustle/will...that is the #1 thing i would look for in recruits at this point. Look at what adrien was able to accomplish every game compared to drummond. Thier physical traits were so different but at the end of the day, it comes down to how bad you want it. Always going to love Kemba for that.

Reaction Score
at the same time i get a little concerned when kids say we are the top school now...i feel like some kids say we are their dream school so when we do offer they get more exposure and go off to another high major that wasnt looking at him before until uconn offered.
Being a dream school is the best compliment we can get. No matter what the intentions are.

Reaction Score
With out seeing this kid, i like what i'm reading. I'd rather see this program go after tough blue collar workers (Burrell, Donny Marshall, Freeman, Adrian) in this mold rather than high ceiling bluechips that crumble/disappear under pressure (Donyell Marshall, Deng, Villanueva, Robinson.)

Reaction Score
With out seeing this kid, i like what i'm reading. I'd rather see this program go after tough blue collar workers (Burrell, Donny Marshall, Freeman, Adrian) in this mold rather than high ceiling bluechips that crumble/disappear under pressure (Donyell Marshall, Deng, Villanueva, Robinson.)

That list of guys is....interesting.

Reaction Score
I would really like to see this kid end up here. 100% effort from him all the time like adrien, and its not like he would discourage other bigs in the class since he could very well be a tweener 4/3 in calhouns system (definitely would need some work, but not unheard of since JC loves to put NBA size on the floor)

Reaction Score

Unbelievable. Donyell, our first consensus AA and one of our greatest players ever, misses 2 free throws against Florida and you throw him in the same class with Anjou. Boy are you tough.

Reaction Score
I loved Donny Marshall when he played at UConn, but he was not on the same planet as 'Yell when it came to impacting the game.

Reaction Score

Jesus. Yea I don't anymore 1st team AAs or key contributors to NC teams.

Some people just are not very smart.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99