Offensive Line, Take One | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Offensive Line, Take One

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Last year at the Towson game I was so disheartened. We did not push anyone off the line of scrimmage and were unable to run the football. Towson!

At the USF game the difference was immediately noticeable. Guys fired off the ball and McCombs got some holes. There is little doubt in my mind that Diaco kept Foley on because he plans on bringing a power running game back to UCONN and he is confident that Foley is the guy to do it. It's going to take some time with young guys both on the line and in the backfield, but we will have a good running game in place in the next season or two. I fully expect the offense to be more balanced as well with better play at QB than we have probably had since Dan O. It will all require some patience.

Reaction Score
The Towson game may have been the lowest point in UConn football since moving to 1A. that team was totally unprepared. even in a year where they got blown out by Buffalo, that remains the absolute lowlight of the season.

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
The Towson game may have been the lowest point in UConn football since moving to 1A. that team was totally unprepared. even in a year where they got blown out by Buffalo, that remains the absolute lowlight of the season.
I'd put up an argument for the 2006 Navy game but both were so disheartening it's hard to differentiate.

Reaction Score
huskypantz said:
I'd put up an argument for the 2006 Navy game but both were so disheartening it's hard to differentiate.

2006 Navy game. Ugh. I still get angry about that game. Players quit that game.

I will say, the players quickly redeemed themselves. Not sure what Coach Edsall said to them.

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
2006 Navy game. Ugh. I still get angry about that game. Players quit that game.

I will say, the players quickly redeemed themselves. Not sure what Coach Edsall said to them.
I think the worst part about that game (aside from the fact that we annihilated Navy in 2002) was the first play of the game. Pass for a TD and it basically felt like the game was over. Puked in my mouth.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
I think the worst part about that game (aside from the fact that we annihilated Navy in 2002) was the first play of the game. Pass for a TD and it basically felt like the game was over. Puked in my mouth.

Game was sickening. Only thing that made the game tolerable was I broke my arm the night prior and I watched the game high as a kite on a combo of vicatin or tylox and Capt Morgan.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
Nice read about the OL: http://www.courant.com/sports/baseball/hc-jacobs-column-0807-20140806,0,5235894.column

"Which brings us to Cruz's great American Dream. Before a snap, he's dying for Knappe to yell out something in Danish, or him in Spanish, or Mateas in French or Samra or Levy in their native Jersey to bluff opponents.

"I'm waiting to confuse defenses," Cruz said, laughing. "We might come up with some dummy calls."
"

Reaction Score
Of all the linemen last year, Cruz showed the most flashes of above average play. Hope he can stay healthy and continue his improvement.

The line still worries me greatly.

Reaction Score
Against a team that could barley throw a forward pass.

Reaction Score
Worst part about that game was I flew home from Germany specifically to watch it.

Reaction Score
Nice read about the OL: http://www.courant.com/sports/baseball/hc-jacobs-column-0807-20140806,0,5235894.column

"Which brings us to Cruz's great American Dream. Before a snap, he's dying for Knappe to yell out something in Danish, or him in Spanish, or Mateas in French or Samra or Levy in their native Jersey to bluff opponents.

"I'm waiting to confuse defenses," Cruz said, laughing. "We might come up with some dummy calls."
"

There was kind of a funny quote from Gus: There were a few months when it was, 'Am I done with school? Will the team want me back? What's going to happen to me in the future? Am I going to grow old?' You don't want that stuff in your head."

Sorry, dude, one way or the other, you're definitely gonna get old like the rest of us.

Reaction Score
Sounds like he was doubting if he was going to get the chance to grow old. Can't be a good feeling at age 21.

Reaction Score
When you're having heart issues, you might question whether you will get the chance to grow old

While I expect growing pains, I like what I am hearing about they young pups - Levy, Knappe, Rugg, and even the true frosh Crozier and Rutherford (and Hashemi as a blocking TE).

Can anyone determine what the heck happened to Schafenacker. I've not even heard his name mentioned.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RipBenEmek

Top Bottom