Offensive Line deserves it's own thread | The Boneyard

Offensive Line deserves it's own thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Those dudes have been horrendous all season. The worst I've ever seen. What a difference 2 weeks makes. Couldn't believe I was watching UCONN. How many sacks did they give up, one...maybe two? I know ECU didn't bring a lot of pressure but teams have been getting pressure rushing 3 and 4 all season previous to tonight.

Hats off to the offensive line. Here's to hoping those young guys have turned a corner.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
They looked very good tonight.

A RB by the name of Johnson, who consistently picked up blitzes, helped a ton too.

RB rotation from here on out appears to be Johnson, Marriner and Newsome as a change of pace back.

Alum86

Did they burn down the ROTC Hangar?
Reaction Score
Early on, with CW in the gun, was great. In addition, line play was its best this year. Love that this team never gives up

Reaction Score
Knappe had some textbook pass blocks on some very quick pass rushers. It showed his vast potential that as of last night wasn't close to being reached. Gave me a ton of hope as I thought we needed 5 new starters next year. If Knappe can play like he did last night, we only need 4.

Also thought Gus Cruz played his best game.

Loved that it appeared they sprinkled in more inside traps.

Reaction Score
And only maybe (not looking this up) one holding call. I can't recall that many if any.

Reaction Score
Hats off O-Line. Great improvement. You guys keep getting after it.

Reaction Score
Kept making for a serious breakdown to occur...it never happened. Great job.

Reaction Score
So very happy to see that first TD. First and goal I think it was about 8-9 yards out or something? and we didn't get fancy, we didn't throw, we ran it in. THat's UCONN football, I was so hoping they would finish that drive off that way.

They got to take the next step though, and start learning how to finish off games, not just drives. The OL, running that ball, late in games. I knew they were getting better and getting a bad rap. Got to keep progressing though.

Reaction Score
The only real unforgiveable thing was the late hit by Alex Mack that took us out of field goal range. Don't think it ended up making a difference to the game, but it sure was significant at the time.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
Solid performance by the OLine. Much better in the pass protection. Carl also touched on the fact that the RB's were much better in the pass protection as well, and it showed. It's coming together on the OLine, and hopefully that bodes well for the rest of the season and for the seasons to come.

If they continue to play like this, there is no team on the remaining schedule that we can't beat. And I truly believe that...

Reaction Score
The only real unforgiveable thing was the late hit by Alex Mack that took us out of field goal range. Don't think it ended up making a difference to the game, but it sure was significant at the time.

Not great timing but I've been waiting for that penalty all year. A little soft on the call too like the other late hit. There was another guy headed for the pile and he took him out. Good.

Reaction Score
Not great timing but I've been waiting for that penalty all year. A little soft on the call too like the other late hit. There was another guy headed for the pile and he took him out. Good.

Agreed. They were piling on his RB and he did something about it. It took us out of field goal range but he did the right thing. The ref should have held his flag.

Reaction Score
LRock34 said:
Agreed. They were piling on his RB and he did something about it. It took us out of field goal range but he did the right thing. The ref should have held his flag.

Definitely a Ticky Tack call, looked like it was in the flow of the play. And I hope more o lineman get chippy and block to the whistle. They set the tone.

Bonehead

'Ollie North of the Cesspool'
Reaction Score
Those dudes have been horrendous all season. The worst I've ever seen. What a difference 2 weeks makes. Couldn't believe I was watching UCONN. How many sacks did they give up, one...maybe two? I know ECU didn't bring a lot of pressure but teams have been getting pressure rushing 3 and 4 all season previous to tonight.

Hats off to the offensive line. Here's to hoping those young guys have turned a corner.

Good post - they deserve some praise for last nights performance.

1 sack allowed (TB) - what a pleasant surprise.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom