Offensive coaching changes | The Boneyard

Offensive coaching changes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
Mod note: this should be moved to the football board.

Reaction Score
Article per Matt Shonvisky's article:
http://thisisuconncountry.com/2016/01/offensive-coaching-changes/

Corley won't be our WR coach any longer, but remain on thd staff.
I like that the gig requires "...that the hire has at least two bowl appearances in the previous five seasons and also has a proven track record of developing wide receivers into NFL talent..."

Proven track record of developing NFL talent? This tells me 1) the staff likes what we have and 2) if we have the a good enough receiver core (and a QB who can deliver it to them) we are going to air it out, hopefully in the near future. That's interesting!

Reaction Score
Proven track record of developing NFL talent? This tells me 1) the staff likes what we have and 2) if we have the a good enough receiver core (and a QB who can deliver it to them) we are going to air it out, hopefully in the near future. That's interesting!

No. What it tells you is that HCBD knows who he wants to hire and wrote the specs to specifically fit that candidate.

Reaction Score
Thanks for moving my post to the right board. Hope we get it right with WR coach hire. We don't need to play around with inexperience at these positions any longer

Reaction Score
Here is the job posting...

Job Posting

The University of Connecticut is accepting applications and nominations for the full time position of Assistant Football Coach/Wide Receivers.

Duties and Responsibilities: Assist the Head Football Coach in the organization and administration of all phases of a FBS program including game preparation and the recruitment and evaluation of prospective student-athletes; assist in monitoring academic progress and development of student-athletes; community involvement; and other program duties as assigned by the Head Football Coach.

Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor’s Degree; ten years of full-time experience as a collegiate football coach at the FBS level; experience in coaching in professional football; detailed knowledge of the correct application of NCAA regulations; strong commitment to the academic goals of the University; and excellent organizational, teaching, communication and public relations skills.

Preferred Qualifications: Five years of Wide Receiver coach experience within the last ten years at FBS level; minimum of 2 Bowl Game appearances in the last 5 years; proven record of developing players into NFL prospects; Division I/FBS playing experience.

Appointment Terms: Salary will be commensurate with experience.

To Apply: Candidates must submit letter of application, resume, and the names of three references. Screening of applicants will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. Employment of the successful candidate will be contingent upon the successful completion of a pre-employment criminal background check. (Search # 2016372)

This job posting is scheduled to be removed at 11:59 p.m. Eastern time on January 25, 2016.

All employees are subject to adherence to the State Code of Ethics which may be found at http://www.ct.gov/ethics/site/default.asp.

Reaction Score
I hate this part. The time between the job posting, and the hire.

I want to know who it is !!!!!

Too many possible options. Anyone have any ideas ?

RedStickHusky

formerly SeoulHuskyFan
Reaction Score
Could be Nosty unless he's holding out for a coordinator position....

Reaction Score
TDH is a self proclaimed expert on scoring right? Got my vote. :rolleyes:

Reaction Score
From the post title I thought that GDL was involved since as far as UCONN is involved you can't get any more offensive than him. GO HUSKIES!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reaction Score

You could be right but part of the problem with the passing game may have included some or all of the following: 1) OL, 2) QB stares down receivers and don't look at options, 3) receivers unable to separate from coverage.

This job description seems like there is an effort to upgrade the skills of the receivers coach as well as upgrade the evaluation of potential and recruitment of student athletes as receivers.

Minimum coaching qualifications: 5 years as receiver coach with 10 years coaching experience at FBS level, actually played at FBS level, receivers developed to NFL skill level......evaluation and recruitment of athletes.

Maybe we need a student athlete entering the program with higher skill levels to begin with to achieve other performance goals. No matter how good any coach is, it may be tough to develop a skill set on someone that has not obtained much interest/offers from other FBS programs.

Reaction Score
tduconn said:
You could be right but part of the problem with the passing game may have included some or all of the following: 1) OL, 2) QB stares down receivers and don't look at options, 3) receivers unable to separate from coverage. This job description seems like there is an effort to upgrade the skills of the receivers coach as well as upgrade the evaluation of potential and recruitment of student athletes as receivers. Minimum coaching qualifications: 5 years as receiver coach with 10 years coaching experience at FBS level, actually played at FBS level, receivers developed to NFL skill level.evaluation and recruitment of athletes. Maybe we need a student athlete entering the program with higher skill levels to begin with to achieve other performance goals. No matter how good any coach is, it may be tough to develop a skill set on someone that has not obtained much interest/offers from other FBS programs.

Paging Nostical...

Reaction Score
This job description seems like there is an effort to upgrade the skills of the receivers coach as well as upgrade the evaluation of potential and recruitment of student athletes as receivers.

Minimum coaching qualifications: 5 years as receiver coach with 10 years coaching experience at FBS level, actually played at FBS level, receivers developed to NFL skill level.evaluation and recruitment of athletes.

This has kinda been my argument against having certain coaches "learning on the job" here being moved to different coaching positions... At this level of football we should have proven coaches in place at certain position.. I've always had a major gripe about the RB position, but WR does need to be addressed. I sure hope Corley gets settled in back at RB coaching position...

Reaction Score
The other interesting thing is that it appears this coach has a good chance at being promoted to offensive coordinator within the next few years. Based on his impressive qualifications, it seems this guy wouldn't be coming to UConn without that topic discussed behind closed doors.

Reaction Score
The other interesting thing is that it appears this coach has a good chance at being promoted to offensive coordinator within the next few years. Based on his impressive qualifications, it seems this guy wouldn't be coming to UConn without that topic discussed behind closed doors.
And that's a smart move... I'm all in for UCONN football, but far from sold on Verducci running our offense...

Reaction Score
Beat me to it. Either that or it's the hokiest job requirement I've ever seen.
It stops just short of saying applicant must be X height, X color hair, and a degree and playing experience from X university.

Reaction Score
A couple of guys that fit the criteria of the job posting are guys Houston is currently looking at for a similar role. Steve Spurrier Jr and Darrell Wyatt. But something tells me both are probably too expensive for our conservative pockets.

Reaction Score
A couple of guys that fit the criteria of the job posting are guys Houston is currently looking at for a similar role. Steve Spurrier Jr and Darrell Wyatt. But something tells me both are probably too expensive for our conservative pockets.
I don't know KTuck...I follow USC East as my second favorite college team and the pay pool for Spurrier's Asst's wasn't that great. Spurrier Jr isn't that good of a recruiter either. That being said..,if Diaco hires him IMHO he'll be the right guy.

Reaction Score
I don't know KTuck...I follow USC East as my second favorite college team and the pay pool for Spurrier's Asst's wasn't that great. Spurrier Jr isn't that good of a recruiter either. That being said..,if Diaco hires him IMHO he'll be the right guy.
lol.. love the double talk bro.. because Spurrier Jr would be a perfect fit for us... He's been around "big time" football all his life... not being "that good of a recruiter" at USC East means a step up in recruiting for us...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RipBenEmek

Top Bottom