Offense Looks Impressive | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Offense Looks Impressive

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
September 1
"We know nothing" - I submit that we can easily see what Vickers and/or Hopkins is all about in a couple of series within weeks. Often, you find a kid from HS looks ready to produce from the first few snaps ... that's how I felt about Todman. And Robbie Frey & Terry Caulley & even Andre Dixon. Don Brown took awhile ... but had the set of assets to be solid.

Not crystal clear what your point is but I stand by my assertion that we don't have good RB depth with only 2 guys who have seen game action at the college level. That's actually scary bad depth. Numbers does not equal depth. A few months from now? Sure could be a different story.

Reaction Score
Not crystal clear what your point is but I stand by my assertion that we don't have good RB depth with only 2 guys who have seen game action at the college level. That's actually scary bad depth. Numbers does not equal depth. A few months from now? Sure could be a different story.

Let me try again ...

No position is like RB. Kids arrive - when the lights actually come on - and they can play. WE will know that (IMHO) by the second game on both Vickers and/or Hopkins. Depth-wise? We are ( I feel) marginally better than last year because Ron Johnson appears out of his funk. But if Vickers or Hopkins actually can play ... we are significantly beyond where we were with DeLorenzo and Marriner. PLUS a better OLine as Levy & Crozier pushes better than the lost Samra.

Reaction Score
I tend to agree about Samra not being good.

But,,,,,was the problem him being the second best guard on the roster, the other guards not being ready to take his snaps or the coaching staff not recruiting or doing a better job done ceiling players.

Football is a helluva sport to play when your skill level doesn't match your depth chart level.

Yes, he was a poor playing guard. On the flip side I don't remember him making headlines off the field.

True he seemed like a good guy and was never a problem off the field but we need good ball players. I think the problem was obviously Crozier went down early which forced Vechery at center and we didn't have another body developed like we do now in Peart (and to a smaller extent someone like Daniel Oak who was still bidding his time) to provide necessary depth and shift people where they can perform best. Another problem was that Rutherford was extremely unreliable last season and we had Ulizio decommit late otherwise he would have seen immediate PT and he had the potential to perform like Crozier did in 14'.

Reaction Score
please let this be the year we score some points
Amen!

This is the best group of skill position talent we've had in a LONG time (QB+RB1+RB2+WR1+WR2+TE). I say we just block for those guys and watch the scoreboard light up.

Reaction Score
Let me try again ...

No position is like RB. Kids arrive - when the lights actually come on - and they can play. WE will know that (IMHO) by the second game on both Vickers and/or Hopkins. Depth-wise? We are ( I feel) marginally better than last year because Ron Johnson appears out of his funk. But if Vickers or Hopkins actually can play ... we are significantly beyond where we were with DeLorenzo and Marriner. PLUS a better OLine as Levy & Crozier pushes better than the lost Samra.

I definitely agree, but I'm going to keep hyping Vickers until he shows otherwise. I don't see how he didn't have bigger offers. He has some of the best lateral movement I've ever seen from a HS tape. 247 also ended upgrading him to a 3* recruit also, so someone else watched the tape like I did.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom