Offense Gaining Confidence as Chandler Whitmer Leads Huskies to Tampa | The Boneyard

Offense Gaining Confidence as Chandler Whitmer Leads Huskies to Tampa

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Honestly we have a team that is playing respectfully on the defensive line , secondary, linebackers, and wide receivers/tight ends and quarterback . Really need the offensive line to step up to an "average" level and I think this team can be gamers. Not judging the running backs because they are so dependent on the line blocking. I am optimistic that this can be patched up. Looking forward to seeing them in Tampa!

Reaction Score
Heck with gaining confidence. I want them to gain yardage...and score touchdowns! Lots of yardage and lots of touchdowns.

Reaction Score
Honestly we have a team that is playing respectfully on the defensive line , secondary, linebackers, and wide receivers/tight ends and quarterback . Really need the offensive line to step up to an "average" level and I think this team can be gamers. Not judging the running backs because they are so dependent on the line blocking. I am optimistic that this can be patched up. Looking forward to seeing them in Tampa!

Is USF's defensive front 7 as strong as Boise's or BYUs?

"The Bulls were crushed Saturday by North Carolina State. Not Alabama, not Oklahoma, not FSU. North Carolina State, a bottom-of-the-barrel team in a below-average power conference. The Wolfpack barely beat Georgia Southern. It struggled to beat Old Dominion."

http://www.tampabay.com/sports/college/usf-bulls-sink-to-new-depths/2197619

Reaction Score
Despite the line issues there have been more long exciting plays from multiple running backs than we've seen the last 3 years.

C

Chief00

That headline needs to be redone - Where is the evidence on the field?

jbdphi

Aussie Aussie Aussie!
Reaction Score
That headline needs to be redone - Where is the evidence on the field?

You are so right - isn't there a confidence metric which we can measure and compare to previous periods? That must be somewhere on the field, right?

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Umm. Didn't NC State beat UConn not too long ago? Only USF has the same coach since UConn, NC State, USF all played each other head to head. I don't put much stock in the transitive property in college sports. If I did, then Louisville, Memphis, Cincinnati, and Stanford would lay claim to the 2014 Men's Basketball National Championship.

Reaction Score
I'm confused by your point - USF coach was NOT in place when we played NCSt. Last year was his first year. :confused:

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
I'm confused by your point - USF coach was NOT in place when we played NCSt. Last year was his first year. :confused:
That's the point. The same institutions have different teams, coaches, and philosophies from when they all last met head to head. I probably didn't make my point as succinctly as I could have, but bottom line is that the transitive property does not work well in college sports.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom