Of the tranfers, who do we want? | The Boneyard

Of the tranfers, who do we want?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Don't know much about any of them but there has to be one who stands out.

Reaction Score
I don't keep up with names like many others but as for need:

1. Rebounder (consistent)
2. Ball Handler (i.e. dribbler)
3. Outside shooter (think Giffey)
4. DHam backup (for 2016 insurance)

Reaction Score
I would love Lee but we have NO chance (IMO). So "Big Lanky" PTP'er its "Miller Time" is the big fish we are looking to reel into the mix. The bait is out there. Now we need the bite and reel him in. Who would you rather have with the hook than KO? :)

pnow15

Previously pnete
Reaction Score
Sterling Smith, 6'4". Coppin State
A couple of players gave us fits when we played them this year. Was he one of them?
A guard who would fit nicely behind Purvis and Adams.
He is eligible for next year. Sr. transfer.
Even this kid and Tyler Harris would round off the roster nicely.
41% from three line.

Last edited:

Curiouser
Reaction Score
I don't keep up with names like many others but as for need:

1. Rebounder (consistent)
2. Ball Handler (i.e. dribbler)
3. Outside shooter (think Giffey)
4. DHam backup (for 2016 insurance)
Agree with the priorities. The only transfers in whom I am interested are 5th years or others who can play right away, so I guess that means Miller is probably priority number one.

I'll ask again here because I didn't get a reply when I asked in a different thread, but has anyone else heard rumors of a Turkish big man in whom we are interested?

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
Reaction Score
I'll ask again here because I didn't get a reply when I asked in a different thread, but has anyone else heard rumors of a Turkish big man in whom we are interested?
First I've heard of it. I know we're in on the big Greek kid, Papagiannis, who'd be a freshman if he plays college ball. But reports say it's a long shot he comes to the states.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
First I've heard of it. I know we're in on the big Greek kid, Papagiannis, who'd be a freshman if he plays college ball. But reports say it's a long shot he comes to the states.
Thanks. That could be it; I know confusing Turkey and Greece is unforgivable as between Turks and Greeks, but I wouldn't be surprised if that's exactly what the friend who told me this did.

Reaction Score
It seems like even getting the transfer we want is also going to be a battle.
I have no inside info and quite honestly or frankly... I have not been nominated into the BY HOF for projecting the landing spots of recruits. It seems to me that Cal might pose the most serious comp for "Miller Time". Its like a lot of dominoes may be falling soon in the Miller recruitment assuming we are top 3 which I believe we are. The Rabb decision whether to go to Cal may affect Miller's decision. Rabb will be patiently waiting decisions from Johnson (gone) and Ashley (maybe gone). If Ashley, Jefferson and Tarz (sp) return then Rabb goes to Cal. You see the dominoes? The dominoes may fall at Zona and that could affect the Miller decision indirectly. Miller though has a very good core to join at UConn where he could provide the senior leadership/rebounding/scoring this team so desperately needs.

Reaction Score
I'd like Miller, with the understanding that he'd likely start at the 4 next year, and Trey Lewis, with the possibility that he might be the starting PG, or at least get significant burn there.

Reaction Score
Miller and Paschall.
Agreed. Lock these 2 up and either a natural PG or someone who can shoot 40% from 3.

Seems like Paschall isn't really giving UConn a look though. I've seen Nova and PC everywhere but only that he's possibly considering a visit to Florida. Nothing more on us than we originally heard. I really hope our staff is all over this kid...he is DHam's replacement for 2016-2017.

Reaction Score
Don't know much about any of them but there has to be one who stands out.
the answer is NONE! Recruit well enough out of High School, and you do not need transfers. Too many transfers, means you have failed as a recruiter!

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
Reaction Score
the answer is NONE! Recruit well enough out of High School, and you do not need transfers. Too many transfers, means you have failed as a recruiter!
Or it means you had several years of recruiting sanctions and reduced scholarships.

You say "potato," I say "blithering idiot."

Reaction Score

But given that we've failed to recruit well enough out of high school, what's the harm in looking at other options?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom