Odds of Poffenbarger seeing action this year | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Odds of Poffenbarger seeing action this year

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
It was on her IG story Wednesday, so it expired after 24 hours. I promise it was there. lol. Just didn’t seem like a talking point before the UT game.
I captured the photo of Say in the Werth Center. I don't know if she was there only when the team was gone or more often, but she's very eager to play.

If we have injuries, Say moves top the depth chart. Exactly where she lands will be Geno's decision.

Reaction Score
I like Anna , but her unwillingness to shoot is alarming. The one shot she took got blocked. She didn't shoot again.
Yeah. I wish that she would catch and shoot more as well. Sometimes she has that 2-3 second opening and well within her range to launch a shot. Not sure why she won't take a few more shots. Some games she will take 5-8 attempts. The last 2 games....1-2 attempts. Anna is still one of my favorite players. Just wish that she get that Mamba mindset a few times this season.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
Saylor played through her injury last season and didn't miss any games. The team got to the Maryland semi-finals, before the season was cancelled. Saylor had surgery in early April, I believe. Her IG showed her with her trainer over the summer and fall. I don't know how much running she was able to do, and I don't think she played many (any?) competitive basketball games. Say is likely not in UConn shape and may not be in basketball shape, but she'll work hard to catch up.
Okay, thanks for the correction.

Reaction Score
I look forward to seeing her play. We need to see if she can provide a reliable open shooter if Anna is unavailable. We can’t jab CWill taking that many threes a game. If she was KML yes but she’s not.

Reaction Score
I was going to ask if Saylor was at the game, then I remembered she was supposed to isolate/ quarantine for a certain amount of time, but now it’s said she was at the game today as a spectator, so I’m baffled. It certainly hasn’t been 10-14 days since arrival, so I guess I’m confused about protocol at UConn?

MdStang

Greetings From Geezerville
Reaction Score
Okay, thanks for the correction.
The only thing that will stop Saylor from playing is the speed at which she learns the system. The comments on playing shape are laughable. She is a McD AA level player with a private trainer, a full BB court at her house, a coach for a mom and is highly motivated. She is physically ready.

Reaction Score
I was going to ask if Saylor was at the game, then I remembered she was supposed to isolate/ quarantine for a certain amount of time, but now it’s said she was at the game today as a spectator, so I’m baffled. It certainly hasn’t been 10-14 days since arrival, so I guess I’m confused about protocol at UConn?
I guess the rules don't apply to her. Regular students on the other hand would be kicked off campus. I don't have much tolerance for people that don't follow the rules during this pandemic tbh.

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
You can be isolated from people and still be in the stands or on a court.

Argonaut

No, not that Providence.
Reaction Score
So like all students returning to campus, Saylor has to participate in a residential quarantine. This snippet is from the fall move in information, but as we know, the CDC has revised incubation time to ten days.
3771AD94-7236-4243-9539-6EB1A1BED85F.jpeg

And then, there were two tests (a mail in test and an arrival test) before Saylor was able to move in.

I’m also willing to guess that Saylor is now being tested every three days like the rest of the team.

It seems like all of the rules are being followed and she’s putting in her required quarantine (according to UConn’s definition of a residential quarantine) time before she comes in contact with anyone else in the program.

Reaction Score
So like all students returning to campus, Saylor has to participate in a residential quarantine. This snippet is from the fall move in information, but as we know, the CDC has revised incubation time to ten days.
View attachment 63867

And then, there were two tests (a mail in test and an arrival test) before Saylor was able to move in.

I’m also willing to guess that Saylor is now being tested every three days like the rest of the team.

It seems like all of the rules are being followed and she’s putting in her required quarantine (according to UConn’s definition of a residential quarantine) time before she comes in contact with anyone else in the program.
Does attending the game today meet the preventative quarantine (in effect for all on-campus students until the end of the month) rules of no attendance of university sponsored events?

Reaction Score
Does attending the game today meet the preventative quarantine (in effect for all on-campus students until the end of the month) rules of no attendance of university sponsored events?

Do you really think they would allow her to do something that broke the rules? Do you really think they would not have tripled checked the regulations to ensure that a player who came early to play basketball didn’t have to sit out an extra 2 weeks ?

Argonaut

No, not that Providence.
Reaction Score

It says university sponsored activities — that’s stuff like club meetings, Greek life, res life events — pretty much close gatherings.

Activities ≠ Events

I’d be willing to bet my meager teacher’s paycheck that she went to Gampel, sat by herself, and left. It’s a pretty spacious place when there are only a couple hundred people around

Reaction Score
Do you really think they would allow her to do something that broke the rules? Do you really think they would not have tripled checked the regulations to ensure that a player who came early to play basketball didn’t have to sit out an extra 2 weeks ?
In short, yes. If not, why couldn't any other student have access to Gampel to attend the game and sit six or sixty feet from any other person? Also if it was all good why not have her sit with the team?

Argonaut

No, not that Providence.
Reaction Score
In short, yes. If not, why couldn't any other student have access to Gampel to attend the game and sit six or sixty feet from any other person? Also if it was all good why not have her sit with the team?

Players can get tickets for friends and family.

Any student who a player wants to give one of their few tickets to can go.

Christyn’s girlfriend has been at most (if not all) of the home games

Bama fan

" As long as you lend a hand"
Reaction Score
I firmly believe CD knows the rules and enforces them strictly, so I also believe that Saylor attending the game and being at a distance from the team was permissible. Geno and CD did not get where they are by being stupid.

Bliss

Mizzou Ballyhoo
Reaction Score
I remember that exact number from an old soap commercial. And just like Ivory soap, Saylor floats too! :rolleyes:
I remember a 7th grade math test question: "If Ivory soap is 99 & 44/100% pure, what percentage is impure?" Yeah, I grew up in the midwest.

Reaction Score
I remember a 7th grade math test question: "If Ivory soap is 99 & 44/100% pure, what percentage is impure?" Yeah, I grew up in the midwest.
Always wondered what those impurities were...anyone know?

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Yeah, I think she'll play. I expect that she'll get in not too long after she's eligible. If Geno has any thoughts of playing her against South Carolina, he'll play her in 2-3 games before that. If he thinks she isn't ready, she'll play in the conference games after South Carolina. If she's lagging behind, she'll play in 4th quarters only.

Some posters have said Geno will put her in to makes some 3-pointers. That could happen. But I think he may put her in for defense or rebounding. We'll see.
I think defense is much harder for freshmen to understand than scoring. I wouldn’t be surprised to see her come in for a minute or two at the end of the first half if we have a good lead. I am pretty confident that opposing teams will look to test her when she’s in the game. Playing her in short stretches makes it harder for them to exploit any defense of shortcomings. Just my thoughts.

Jim

Reaction Score
That reminds me of some of the drug commercials you see on TV: “Four out of five patients who took XXX report suffering from diarrhea.” Does that mean the fifth patient who took XXX actually enjoys diarrhea?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom