Odds of Poffenbarger seeing action this year | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Odds of Poffenbarger seeing action this year

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
Always wondered what those impurities were...anyone know?
When they did the assay, way back when, they were only able to identify 99.44% of what was in there. So it was 99 44/100 % identified ingredients, 56/100 % unknown ingredients. They turned their inability to do thorough chemistry into an ad campaign. I for on think this is genius.

Reaction Score
One has to wonder whether Coach Geno will trust throwing her on the court without a single day of UConn conditioning. Will he risk injury? And will he really throw her out there without a single week of learning the Connecticut Way? Clearly, he had to have Okayed her arrival, but wonder whether there was some explicit understanding about her role, and whether she would not be permitted to dive in with both feet.....?

MooseJaw

Bullmoose#1
Reaction Score
Were they impure insects? Did they have bad thoughts? Were they genetically altered? Elucidate please! ;):eek:
Mostly insect parts that came not from insects with bad thoughts but rather insects that had impure thoughts, parts that were previously very hairy. Hope this helps

Reaction Score
I guess the rules don't apply to her. Regular students on the other hand would be kicked off campus. I don't have much tolerance for people that don't follow the rules during this pandemic tbh.
Without you knowing the official day she began her quarantine or the exact number of days for which she has to quarantine, you're speculating and already painting the student athlete in a negative light, i.e., "I guess the rules don't apply to her." Do you really think Geno or the staff would allow ANYONE to skirt the rules to see a game she could watch on t.v.? Let's do better than this!

Reaction Score
Yeah. I wish that she would catch and shoot more as well. Sometimes she has that 2-3 second opening and well within her range to launch a shot. Not sure why she won't take a few more shots. Some games she will take 5-8 attempts. The last 2 games....1-2 attempts. Anna is still one of my favorite players. Just wish that she get that Mamba mindset a few times this season.
I find this frustrating as well. In my opinion Anna could easily put up twice as many three point attempts as she does, if she would make the decision to shoot just before the pass reaches her. She used to do that more often. She waits for a split second to size up the situation and then the opportunity is gone.

Evina is a great example for that. She frequently assesses that she is open and is preparing for the shot as the ball reaches her. Anna is probably the first or second best three point shooter on the team. There is no thinking required if you are just behind the three point line, and have room to immediately launch, do it. If she doesn't there isn't much reason to have her out there. Her usage rate this year is down substantially from last year, when it was already low. I'm pretty sure it is the the lowest 5% nationwide, so the numbers back up what the eyes are telling us.

Bama fan

" As long as you lend a hand"
Reaction Score
I find this frustrating as well. In my opinion Anna could easily put up twice as many three point attempts as she does, if she would make the decision to shoot just before the pass reaches her. She used to do that more often. She waits for a split second to size up the situation and then the opportunity is gone.

Evina is a great example for that. She frequently assesses that she is open and is preparing for the shot as the ball reaches her. Anna is probably the first or second best three point shooter on the team. There is no thinking required if you are just behind the three point line, and have room to immediately launch, do it. If she doesn't there isn't much reason to have her out there. Her usage rate this year is down substantially from last year, when it was already low. I'm pretty sure it is the the lowest 5% nationwide, so the numbers back up what the eyes are telling us.
Now that it appears she has a lower leg injury, perhaps you would be willing to cut her some slack. She may have been struggling with this injury and it may have affected her ability to shoot accurately. I hope that is why her play has deteriorated this year, and that rest allows her to heal quickly. She has taken a merciless beating from some in the BY lately, and maybe we now know something about her trials.

Reaction Score

Pure speculation on my part but if, IF, she has been attempting to play through a leg injury only Makurat knows the effect it had on her game. It goes without saying how important the legs are for shooting, especially from long range.

Bama fan

" As long as you lend a hand"
Reaction Score
When they did the assay, way back when, they were only able to identify 99.44% of what was in there. So it was 99 44/100 % identified ingredients, 56/100 % unknown ingredients. They turned their inability to do thorough chemistry into an ad campaign. I for on think this is genius.
What I find interesting is how the public seemed willing to just accept that 'pure' was inherently good. They made no claim as to quality. just purity. Pure crap may be pure, but it is still crap. Almost a religious overtone to it. And now that most people take showers, the floating thing is not that significant either. Timing , I suppose, is truly everything!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom