Odds of getting through the season without back-to-back losses | The Boneyard

Odds of getting through the season without back-to-back losses

Reaction Score
The amazing run of games without back-to-back losses will be challenged, especially this week with Depaul, Tennessee, then Villanova. As well as the South Carolina and Marquette pair of games in early February. I'm planning on UConn beating their Big East Rivals, and hope they will play well against Tennessee and South Carolina. This team has stepped up to the challenges, but there is a definite possibility that the streak could end. I'm hoping the odds are less than 1 in 10. What do others think?

Reaction Score
No back to back losses. Uconn should sweep the BE. Should beat Tenn. And I expect a really strong game against S. Carolina. They have some scores to settle, especially on the O boards. I believe they will be ok in this stretch. Go Huskies

Reaction Score
The amazing run of games without back-to-back losses will be challenged, especially this week with Depaul, Tennessee, then Villanova. As well as the South Carolina and Marquette pair of games in early February. I'm planning on UConn beating their Big East Rivals, and hope they will play well against Tennessee and South Carolina. This team has stepped up to the challenges, but there is a definite possibility that the streak could end. I'm hoping the odds are less than 1 in 10. What do others think?
I agree with your general assessment, but I'd put the odds at about 30% chance............really depends on who's playing and who's out with injuries...........also depends on which Tennessee/Villanova/Marquette team shows up........

Reaction Score
Using odds at Massey, the chances of losing bothe the TN and DePaul games is 4 percent. So high odds of getting through the week with our record intact. (Losing one of those games is 34 petcent)

Reaction Score
Yeah as Glenn noted per Massey:
Odds to lose TN and Depaul: 4%
Odds to lose TN and Villanova: 4%
Odds to lose SC and Marquette: 11%

Reaction Score
How dare you start such a thread? The related announcers jink is in play now!

Reaction Score
No back to back losses. Uconn should sweep the BE. Should beat Tenn. And I expect a really strong game against S. Carolina. They have some scores to settle, especially on the O boards. I believe they will be ok in this stretch. Go Huskies
The key to the SC game, in my opinion, is to do a decent job of getting and holding onto rebounds.

Reaction Score
I think you meant to ask what are the odds they get through with no losses? Pretty decent. Not 100%, but above 10%. We don't even think about two losses.

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
UCONN is a 28.5 point favorite vs DePaul tonight and isn't a tournament team...it'd be a massive surprise if DePaul wins or even stays close. Tennessee and Creighton could be a handful but UCONN should be heavily favored to win those games too. I don't think UCONN beats SC if SC is playing as well as they have lately, but Marquette isn't even a tournament team this year. I don't see the record falling this year based on remaining schedule.

Reaction Score
There will be NO back to back losses for UCONN the rest of this season. The BIG East is a given to be undefeated the rest of the way. Another Big East trophy. The way we are playing now and we ARE IN SYNC to a degree I haven't seen in any other team. I believe with all my heart that NO12 is on the horizon and next year, It's going to be a blast! GO HUSKIES!!!!

Reaction Score
Plus, our defense is outstanding. The whole team has shut down the opposition in the last 6 games. I will have to check, but I believe Morrow was 8 for 26 and 1for 8 in 3 pointers. That is team defense at it's best. I believe we now have what we need to face SC and win the game. GO HUSKIES!!!!

Reaction Score
UConn needs to have, roughly, the same number of attempts at the basket (FG and FT) as South Carolina. Best way to achieve this is if the South Carolina game is called tight. If this happens, we should win, IMBO. Just need to make sure Nika does not get into foul trouble and limit turn overs. The rest will take care of itself. It is all about the officiating, unfortunately.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom