Odds for WNBA Rookie of the Year | The Boneyard

Odds for WNBA Rookie of the Year

Reaction Score
I put a nice amount on Boston. Unless she gets injured, she'll put up monster numbers on a bad team.

Reaction Score
Maddy at #2 is a bit of a surprise. Not because she doesn't deserve it but she just seemed like she was always battling to get the credit she deserved last season from the national media.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Well….for starters, I imagine that a serious candidate for ROY would have to be a starter and go from there.

Reaction Score
Yea I’m going with Miller for ROY. Boston’s going to have to rely upon a weak backcourt to get her the ball to put up ROY the year numbers and I don’t see that happening. Miller is a three level scorer who can create her own shot from anywhere on the floor. Boston’s face up game isn’t strong enough yet to create her own shot at this level.

Reaction Score
I would say Dorka has a good chance just because of the team she is on just like Crystal. Good coach and they are height challenged so she should get lots of minutes to build stats.

JoePgh

Cranky pants and wise acre
Reaction Score
Yea I’m going with Miller for ROY. Boston’s going to have to rely upon a weak backcourt to get her the ball to put up ROY the year numbers and I don’t see that happening. Miller is a three level scorer who can create her own shot from anywhere on the floor. Boston’s face up game isn’t strong enough yet to create her own shot at this level.
Aaliyah Boston will get her WNBA points in the same way that she got most of her points in college -- through putbacks following offensive rebounds, not through jump shots or passes into the post from guards. I don't see many post players in the WNBA who can keep her off the offensive boards.

Reaction Score
Aaliyah Boston will get her WNBA points in the same way that she got most of her points in college -- through putbacks following offensive rebounds, not through jump shots or passes into the post from guards. I don't see many post players in the WNBA who can keep her off the offensive boards.
I'm not sure you watch the WNBA much then. Just off the top of my head post players that will be able to keep her off the boards: Aja Wilson, Britney Griner, B Jones, Stewart, J Jones, Candace Parker, EDD, the list goes on. I don't think she'll have as easy of a time rebounding in the WNBA as she did in college because her size advantage is gone and players won't be as out of position covering her.

Even in her pre-season debut she only got 2 rebounds and they were both defensive and she was not facing an elite front court.

Reaction Score
Has Boston ever put up monster numbers? I don’t see her doing great win the WNBA until she has a consistent jump shot. She’ll be going up against bigger faster bigs.
Yes, she’ll be playing against other bigs with more experience, but I believe she’ll still make her shots. And if she doesn’t, she‘ll find ways to help her team win. She was the number 1 pick in the recent draft, she was the number 1 player in her class, and she did win an NCAA Championship, so she does have some game within her. So, ……….

Reaction Score
Yes, she’ll be playing against other bigs with more experience, but I believe she’ll still make her shots. And if she doesn’t, she‘ll find ways to help her team win. She was the number 1 pick in the recent draft, she was the number 1 player in her class, and she did win an NCAA Championship, so she does have some game within her. So, ……….
I thought Haley Jones was the number one player of the 2019 class, no?

No doubt she'll be a good player, I just don't think she is ROY ready yet and will probably be one dimensional her first year in the league until she grows her perimeter and face up game.

Reaction Score
Boston has a good chance because she will get a lot of playing time.
Will Miller play the 3 or the 4 for the Lynx? Shepard and Collier occupy both of those spots in the starting lineup.

Reaction Score
I thought Haley Jones was the number one player of the 2019 class, no?

No doubt she'll be a good player, I just don't think she is ROY ready yet and will probably be one dimensional her first year in the league until she grows her perimeter and face up game.
Yes, Haley Jones was the number one player in 2019.
But in this instance, I carelessly used the phrase “her class” instead of her graduation year.

Anyway, Ms. Boston, along with a few other of this year’s draftees, has the potential to be crowned ROY. All the best to them.

Reaction Score
Boston will be a double-double machine in the WNBA. Even as a rookie, she has the best body type and skill level as many of the Bigs.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom