Odd whistle/turnover? | The Boneyard

Odd whistle/turnover?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Cincinnati had the ball and their player ran out of bounds(on the baseline)re-entered inbounds with both feet then received the ball on a pass from his own player and the ref blew the whistle and it resulted in a turnover on Cinci

I recall seeing this another time this year. I believe the call went against Uconn though.
Does anybody remember this play and know what the ruling is?

Reaction Score
Can't go out of bounds and be the next person to touch the ball. Similar to football. I think?

Reaction Score
The player has to establish himself in bounds before he gets the ball. Isn't that it?

Reaction Score
Yes, all they have to do is re-establish themselves as in bounds (both feet in bounds). It is different from football.

That being said, I was bombed last night and can't recall this play so I can't comment further. Go UConn.

Reaction Score
Player clearly had both feet in bounds and established himself in play.
For those that used DVR it happened at the 19.09 mark in second half

AtlHusky

Let's go outside our minds and play
Reaction Score
Player clearly had both feet in bounds and established himself in play.
For those that used DVR it happened at the 19.09 mark in second half

And it wasn't even close. The only explanation I can imagine is the ref thought UConn was playing hoop and Cinci was playing football.

The Cinci player was running his route and went out of bounds on his own. Even though he reestablished his position in bounds, he was the first player to touch the forward pass. The ref has to make that call...if it's on the gridiron.

You might have missed it, but Doris turned it over to Mike Pereira, and he confirmed the call.

Reaction Score
And it wasn't even close. The only explanation I can imagine is the ref thought UConn was playing hoop and Cinci was playing football.

The Cinci player was running his route and went out of bounds on his own. Even though he reestablished his position in bounds, he was the first player to touch the forward pass. The ref has to make that call...if it's on the gridiron.

You might have missed it, but Doris turned it over to Mike Pereira, and he confirmed the call.

Thanks AtlHusky
I did miss that.
I saw the same call earlier in the year and I kept rewinding and could not figure out what happened. Makes me wonder if it was the same ref.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom