Odd Quote From Sticks | The Boneyard

Odd Quote From Sticks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Great to see all the support JC received last night from former players and assistants as well as his fellow head coaches. The man truly is a legend.

One odd quote from Stanley Robinson though. When asked who stood out among the current players, he said that he expected Shabazz to have a solid season. I'm thinking Bazz was leaps and bounds better than solid last year. Is Sticks the master of the undetstatement or just really tough to impress?

Reaction Score
Not an odd quote but an odd thread.
Really? If Shabazz has a solid season, I would be disappointed. He was a legitimate star last season, and should be even better this season.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
define "solid"

it may just be semantics

hungry husky

Currently Hungry
Reaction Score
I tend to believe Shabazz is a solid player. His peak is AAC POY but he's too inconsistent.

Reaction Score
I tend to believe Shabazz is a solid player. His peak is AAC POY but he's too inconsistent.

His "inconsistency" is a myth. Also "solid" and conference POY aren't really reconcilable.

But I really think I've seen it all now: overanalyzing to the point of absurdity a throwaway quote from Stanley Robinson, of all people.

Reaction Score
Great to see all the support JC received last night from former players and assistants as well as his fellow head coaches. The man truly is a legend.

One odd quote from Stanley Robinson though. When asked who stood out among the current players, he said that he expected Shabazz to have a solid season. I'm thinking Bazz was leaps and bounds better than solid last year. Is Sticks the master of the undetstatement or just really tough to impress?

I think you're reading way too far into a quote from someone who was known to be understated in his personality.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom