Odd Ending in the Championship Game | The Boneyard

Odd Ending in the Championship Game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Did anybody notice how odd the end of the title game was?

1) Notre Dame and Baylor both kept their starters in for way too long. Why not give the benchwarmers the chance to play in the title game for 4 minutes? In general, I feel teams should get their starters out earlier in blowouts.

2) Why did Notre Dame put Mallory back in the game when she looked like she might have a significant injury? Putting her in to quickly take her out so she could get an ovation would have been one thing, but they didn't do that.

3) Why didn't Muffet take her starters out during a non-timeout situation so they could get an ovation? Baylor took its starters out to standing ovations.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
I knew that Mulkey would leave her players in until about the 1:00 minute mark. Call it paranoia, but I just don't think she could convince herself it was over until that point.

sarals24

Lone Starlet
Reaction Score
Plus, they are the ones who got the team there, if you want to look at it that way. Let them enjoy every minute on the court.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
Joe D on wtic just said tonight that he wanted to know if anyone else noticed that Muffet sat on her tush for the last 8 minutes of the game, never went over to Mallory when she went down and when she came off the court, and sent her back out there for no known reason. He said Mallory was quite tearful after the game.

Reaction Score
I just think that LMM wanted to crawl into a hole somewhere at that point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom