October WNBA Thread | The Boneyard

October WNBA Thread

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score

Restricted Free Agent Offseason Opportunities: Gabby Williams​

I'll jump the gun by 6 hours or so, since the first two entries are detailed and some might wait until Saturday morning and a few cups of coffee to take these in. Alford Corriette of Her Hoop Stats takes a look at specific unrestricted and restricted free agents. Here, she looks at Gabby Williams.

While many -- including Corriette -- believe Seattle will want to keep her (if Gabby chooses to play in the states this year), she lists three other possible teams for her: Atlanta, Chicago and Washington.

In any case, here's the link. Have a cup of coffee and become a general manager for a spell!

Dillon77

Reaction Score

Restricted Free Agent Offseason Opportunities: Marina Mabrey​

Discussing possible offseason scenarios for Marina Mabrey​

And now a similar piece for the current Dallas Wing guard.

Exec. Summary:

- Mabrey has been with Dallas for three years and improved every year. She's seemingly got a good thing going as part of "Marike" (playing with Arike O.), as well as playing with Wing Allisha Gray. However, Mabrey may have played her best when Arike was out with an injury and Marina got to take the lead guard position to herself.

- Dallas had two players eligible for restricted qualifying offers: Marina and center Teaira McCowan. Center Izzy Harrison is an unrestricted free agent. Dallas can probably keep two of the three.

• The author thinks three teams should put offers out for Marina: Indiana, Phoenix and Washington. I'll let the article go into details, plus and minuses, etc.
  • Dallas and Indiana both need new coaches and Phoenix is being sold and the new owner will have to deal with everything from the Griner situation to Diana Taurasi being an unrestricted free agent and is Skylar coming back ?
  • Indiana has a slew of new players but could use a proven scorer like Marina.
  • Washington currently has the most stable administration with the Thibaults. (Plus, they're really good coaches.) And, D.C. is relatively close to the Manasquan home base for family visits to/from (compared to the other cities).

Stay tuned.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score

Restricted Free Agent Offseason Opportunities: Gabby Williams​

I'll jump the gun by 6 hours or so, since the first two entries are detailed and some might wait until Saturday morning and a few cups of coffee to take these in. Alford Corriette of Her Hoop Stats takes a look at specific unrestricted and restricted free agents. Here, she looks at Gabby Williams.

While many -- including Corriette -- believe Seattle will want to keep her (if Gabby chooses to play in the states this year), she lists three other possible teams for her: Atlanta, Chicago and Washington.

In any case, here's the link. Have a cup of coffee and become a general manager for a spell!

Isn't Chicago the team that forced her to choose between France and WNBA and it got nasty?

Dillon77

Reaction Score
Isn't Chicago the team that forced her to choose between France and WNBA and it got nasty?
I'm not sure of the exact circumstances, but do know it resulted in a trade to Los Angeles in exchange for Stephanie Watts and the rights to Leonie Fiebich.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score

Restricted Free Agent Offseason Opportunities: Marina Mabrey​

Discussing possible offseason scenarios for Marina Mabrey​

And now a similar piece for the current Dallas Wing guard.

Exec. Summary:

- Mabrey has been with Dallas for three years and improved every year. She's seemingly got a good thing going as part of "Marike" (playing with Arike O.), as well as playing with Wing Allisha Gray. However, Mabrey may have played her best when Arike was out with an injury and Marina got to take the lead guard position to herself.

- Dallas had two players eligible for restricted qualifying offers: Marina and center Teaira McCowan. Center Izzy Harrison is an unrestricted free agent. Dallas can probably keep two of the three.

• The author thinks three teams should put offers out for Marina: Indiana, Phoenix and Washington. I'll let the article go into details, plus and minuses, etc.
  • Dallas and Indiana both need new coaches and Phoenix is being sold and the new owner will have to deal with everything from the Griner situation to Diana Taurasi being an unrestricted free agent and is Skylar coming back ?
  • Indiana has a slew of new players but could use a proven scorer like Marina.
  • Washington currently has the most stable administration with the Thibaults. (Plus, they're really good coaches.) And, D.C. is relatively close to the Manasquan home base for family visits to/from (compared to the other cities).

Stay tuned.
Arike and Mabrey are like 2 best friends in school that need to be separated for their own good. ;)

Dillon77

Reaction Score
Next player up for possible landing places in 2023: Unrestricted free agent Brionna Jones of the Connecticut Sun. Writer Alford Corriette examines:
- Ways she could stay in eastern Connecticut
or venture to teams such as
  • Washington (near her home turf of Maryland)
  • Atlanta
  • LA
  • Chicago

Reaction Score
Next player up for possible landing places in 2023: Unrestricted free agent Brionna Jones of the Connecticut Sun. Writer Alford Corriette examines:
- Ways she could stay in eastern Connecticut
or venture to teams such as
  • Washington (near her home turf of Maryland)
  • Atlanta
  • LA
  • Chicago

I'm surprised Minnesota isn't on the list. With departure of Syl she seems like a good fit to replace her and I could see work well with Phee.

Dillon77

Reaction Score
I'm surprised Minnesota isn't on the list. With departure of Syl she seems like a good fit to replace her and I could see work well with Phee.
I could see that in terms of play (and Cheryl Reeve got a first-hand look at her for a few weeks down under), but don't know Minnesota's payroll situation.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbie32

Top Bottom