October UMass game moved to Amherst from Gillette... | The Boneyard

October UMass game moved to Amherst from Gillette...

Reaction Score
While we’re on the subject of McGuirk: UMass Announces Project Details For McGuirk Stadium Enhancements

>>"This project will have a long-term positive impact on our athletic department, fans who visit McGuirk Alumni Stadium and UMass students," said Director of Athletics Ryan Bamford. "The South End Zone project will give us some terrific entertainment space and the new HD videoboard and sound system will enhance the fan experience inside McGuirk. We are also thrilled with the new indoor turf facility and know it will give our sport programs and student body training opportunities during the winter months."

Further enhancements to the fan experience include the addition of new restrooms to both the East and West sides of the stadium along with several ADA enhancements in the stands and surrounding areas.

By the start of the 2019 football season, the McGuirk Stadium enhancements (turf field, videoboard, south hospitality plaza, restrooms and ADA upgrades) will be complete. The bubble over the new turf practice field will be installed in November 2019.<<

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I hear the guy at Hartford Athletic is looking for UConn events

hardcorehusky

Lost patience with the garden variety UConn fan
Reaction Score
Saves UMASS a ton of money to get the games back on campus. Good luck to them on their changes.

Alum86

Did they burn down the ROTC Hangar?
Reaction Score
An FCS roster, can buy a ticket for $10 or less and playing in Amherst. Its like we never left.
Quote of the year. Amen brother

Reaction Score
Who do you gotta something something to get a game at Gillette?
Be a top 10 ranked team long enough to get it scheduled? Winning opens a lot of doors. Enough winning can open that one too.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
Reading this gives me angina.

It is almost impossible to read the board any longer with all the negativity on here.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
To be honest, this is better than playing at Gillette. A stadium that will be over 3/4 empty vs one that will be more full? I'll take the later. Tix should be cheaper and there should be a large contingent of UConn fans making the trip. Easy day trip plus tailgate? Count me in if the wife let's me out, or better, if we get someone to take the kids!

Reaction Score
And of course we won't have people complaining that they can't afford the parking. ;)

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
Would we have signed the original contract with UMass knowing this would be played at Mcguirk? Doesn't sound like we are trying to get out of it. Maybe the team can carpool to the game.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
Well...don't go 1-11?
Really hard to spin playing in a stadium that needs an upgrade to meet MAC-quality as a positive. A road game at Montana is more appealing.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Would we have signed the original contract with UMass knowing this would be played at Mcguirk? Doesn't sound like we are trying to get out of it. Maybe the team can carpool to the game.

ding ding ding ding.

the whole point of the game was to play in Foxboro.

its too late to get out of it. nothing to replace it with

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Really hard to spin playing in a stadium that needs an upgrade to meet MAC-quality as a positive. A road game at Montana is more appealing.
Missoula > Amherst

Reaction Score
Oh, we think that UConn is better than MAC quality?

Reaction Score
I’m hoping we schedule a Fairfield County game. I’m thinking Kennedy stadium.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom