Occupied | The Boneyard

Occupied

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
Norwegian show on Netflix, set in the near future where a new clean energy technology causes Russia to take over Norwegian oil industry. It's not a mere military takeover but more nuanced, soft power type dynamics. The EU is sort of on Russia's side since they are dependent on oil. Political skirmishes and increasing tensions over the course of the season build into a resistance movement "Free Norway" and an underground military... Really interesting.

It is in Norwegian but often when characters from different countries are talking to each other, it's in English.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Norwegian show on Netflix, set in the near future where a new clean energy technology causes Russia to take over Norwegian oil industry. It's not a mere military takeover but more nuanced, soft power type dynamics. The EU is sort of on Russia's side since they are dependent on oil. Political skirmishes and increasing tensions over the course of the season build into a resistance movement "Free Norway" and an underground military... Really interesting.

It is in Norwegian but often when characters from different countries are talking to each other, it's in English.

Nice, will check it out. I like this kind of thing.

Any decent comparison other shows out there? Even stylistically? Maybe not, as it's foreign.

Thanks.

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
Nice, will check it out. I like this kind of thing.

Any decent comparison other shows out there? Even stylistically? Maybe not, as it's foreign.

Thanks.
A little bit of the third season of House of Cards where they're dealing with Russia, but less over the top. Similar to Boren, another Scandanavian political drama which was really good. There are probably some parallels to other shows involving occupations (foreign or alien) that I haven't watched.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger
Top Bottom