Observations from Atlantis | The Boneyard

Observations from Atlantis

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
The venue is a great place to watch a basketball game. Me and my four ladies have the UConn only tickets. A half hour before game time they stage us in a large hallway that wraps around the court. While there we meet @fleudslipcon and Mrs. Fleud. The Michigan fans break into some lame cheer and wave their silly M signs. Then you hear "UUUUUUUU. . ." followed by the C, the O and so on, capped of by a rousing UConn! UConn! UConn! We were louder. The winning started in the lobby as it turns out.
I only have one insight that you may not have caught on TV, but I think it's an important one. With just under three they were coming back and Ollie called a time out. Daniel comes into the huddle and he is pissed off/fired up. He's slamming his open hand into his other hand karate chop style and barking at the other players. He stayed animated until the huddle broke, then came out and calmly and pointedly hit the two off the glass from the right side. That shot visibly settled the team, and the fans. Couple plays later, our genius hits a three to salt it away.
Love being a part of this.
Lord above, please give us the win over the orange, then my trip will be complete, notwithstanding what happens in the finals.

Reaction Score
Great point which most of us missed watching it. DHam stepping up? Nice and thanks for the insight as well as the support from the Atlantis.
We were behind our second half basket. We seemed louder than the M fans. Anybody else somewhere else in the Arena with a different perspective?

OkaForPrez

Really Popular Poster
Reaction Score
The two MVP's of our crowd so far are the two younger gents who are sitting on the rail in section 2. They were the ones who were starting the defense chant on every possession, and I mean every possession, from the time we tied the game at about the 12 min mark through the end of the first half. They also picked up the "big red" mantle and became the focal point of the entire UConn section which is perfect because they are at about the halfway point of our section of the gym. If you guys read the 'yard, a hat tip to you, great job.

Pound for pound the UConn crowd was as rabid a group as I can remember being in and I've seen a lot of games. I'm hoarse this morning. There was a mousy elderly lady in our row (too old to be Mrs. D.) who legit started a few chants on her own even though her voice couldn't have been heard outside of the immediate vicinity. For reference, @BUHusky and I are in the back of the corner section with the UConn flag. Would have been more active yesterday but the Wifi is only available directly behind press row it seems.

Reaction Score
You guys in attendance were outstanding. Many Kudos. Don't stop, let's bury cuse.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
The two MVP's of our crowd so far are the two younger gents who are sitting on the rail in section 2. They were the ones who were starting the defense chant on every possession, and I mean every possession, from the time we tied the game at about the 12 min mark through the end of the first half. They also picked up the "big red" mantle and became the focal point of the entire UConn section which is perfect because they are at about the halfway point of our section of the gym. If you guys read the 'yard, a hat tip to you, great job.

Pound for pound the UConn crowd was as rabid a group as I can remember being in and I've seen a lot of games. I'm hoarse this morning. There was a mousy elderly lady in our row (too old to be Mrs. D.) who legit started a few chants on her own even though her voice couldn't have been heard outside of the immediate vicinity. For reference, @BUHusky and I are in the back of the corner section with the UConn flag. Would have been more active yesterday but the Wifi is only available directly behind press row it seems.
I'm pretty sure you were in section 4 and that lady is indeed Mrs. Dribbles. Just loved the energy at the game and am looking forward to making juice out of the orange!

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
We were behind our second half basket. We seemed louder than the M fans. Anybody else somewhere else in the Arena with a different perspective?
From TV, there was no debate. UConn fans rocked.

Reaction Score
I'm pretty sure you were in section 4 and that lady is indeed Mrs. Dribbles. Just loved the energy at the game and am looking forward to making juice out of the orange!

That was Mrs Dribbles?

Oh boy OFP let's see your moves on this one. LOL they serving crow down there? haha

BUHusky

The original. Accept no substitutes.
Reaction Score
We were indeed in the last row of section 4. If that was in fact Mrs. Dribbles right near us she was amazing.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
I take nothing back, Mrs. D is an incredible fan and if that's her shes getting a big hug from me today.
We were indeed in the last row of section 4. If that was in fact Mrs. Dribbles right near us she was amazing.
That was her! I was looking for you guys as was Mrs. Dribbles. Didn't't realize you were right next to her! Mrs. Fleud and I were in section 6 row C behind the lady in the wheel chair.

OkaForPrez

Really Popular Poster
Reaction Score
That was her! I was looking for you guys as was Mrs. Dribbles. Didn't't realize you were right next to her! Mrs. Fleud and I were in section 6 row C behind the lady in the wheel chair.
Will try to catch you on the way in today.

C

Chief00

I have been to the Texas Final 4's and St Pete - they are all magical in their own ways - still think though 1999 was the most amazing neutral court UConn crowd along with MSU at MSG.

We will leave the MSG Big East crowds out of it for now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTSuitsky

Top Bottom