OT: - Obi Toppin | The Boneyard

OT: Obi Toppin

Reaction Score
Making Dayton must watch TV. Was he recruited by DH at Rhode Island? I know his brother plays there now.

Pretty sure he was recruited by DH. He chose Dayton over URI and Gtown.

He only played 2 years of varsity basketball. Now he looks like NPOY and Dayton has a legit chance to make noise in the tournament

Reaction Score
Played with Whaley in HS I think.

Kid is a stud. Excited to see what he does in the tournament. A big performance could lead to him being a top 5 pick in the draft.

Reaction Score
What Kwintin Williams was if only in his own mind.
My daughter goes to UD so I have followed the Flyers closely over the last 2 years and I have seen Obi live twice. When I first saw him last year, I thought he was a Kwintin clone - freak athlete with limited basketball skill. But man did he improve over the course of last year and by the end of the season, he was the best player on the team. We all know what he’s done this year. Does it make you wonder with the right work ethic, mindset and coaching what Kwintin might have been able to do?

I really hope Dayton gets opening round games in Cleveland and the regional in Indianapolis so my daughter can experience what I got to experience my senior year at UConn in 1990. I was in the student section for all of the post season games that year (MSG, Civic Center, Meadowlands). So many great memories.

Reaction Score
He reminds me of Derrick Williams from AZ. Great college player, just seems kinda stiff. That being said, his game to today’s nba is prob more appropriate than when DWill came out.

FYI- Williams was a college stud, that comparison isn’t a diss

Reaction Score
My daughter goes to UD so I have followed the Flyers closely over the last 2 years and I have seen Obi live twice. When I first saw him last year, I thought he was a Kwintin clone - freak athlete with limited basketball skill. But man did he improve over the course of last year and by the end of the season, he was the best player on the team. We all know what he’s done this year. Does it make you wonder with the right work ethic, mindset and coaching what Kwintin might have been able to do?

I really hope Dayton gets opening round games in Cleveland and the regional in Indianapolis so my daughter can experience what I got to experience my senior year at UConn in 1990. I was in the student section for all of the post season games that year (MSG, Civic Center, Meadowlands). So many great memories.
If they win the A-10 Tournament it will be 1 Seed in the East (MSG) with the first two games in Cleveland. Dayton is locked into Cleveland. The only way Dayton gets Indy is if Kansas opts out of the MW and decides to play in the South Regional. I seriously doubt that happens UNLESS Kansas feels home court in the Regional Final will propel Dayton to ATL. Dayton fans will pack the place in Indy creating a true home court advantage. The other outcome could be a loss in the A-10 tourney and then a 2 seed in the MW behind Kansas.

I think the East could be tough if Seton Hall ends up there with Dayton.

There is hype in Dayton that the team is playing for the community after the tornado and shootings.

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom